Immortals Live Among Us?

Post questions or suggestions here.
tek0

Re: Immortals Live Among Us?

Post by tek0 »

Those blissfully enlightened stoners from the India Daily Technology team have got the immortality thing figured out.

Get the president on the phone we have a new set of goals for humanity!

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/18711.asp
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

tek0 wrote:Those blissfully enlightened stoners from the India Daily Technology team have got the immortality thing figured out.

Get the president on the phone we have a new set of goals for humanity!

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/18711.asp

Why not?

Sounds good to me!

ps- George W has other things on his plate.

Tomas

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Dulce Underground Alien Human Base

http://www.subversiveelement.com/Dulce_Index.html

An OverView Surrounding the Base

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Tomas wrote:Remember; things are not travelling along in straight-straight lines anymore, they travel in burrows which interconnect, you might dig into someone elses burrow without realizing it, it may be furnished with the most fantastic things you've ever seen. You might alight on an unfamiliar flower. But we must be sure that we make an escape passage or route onto another plane.
I'm impressed. You left nothing to chance on that one: it took some genuine work on my part to work through the abstractions and figure out how that was not crazy. Still a little obscure on the "another plane" business. Do you always keep some pot (or peyote) stashed in your cupboard or something? I don't take you for a drinker.

[Edit: on second thought, you could just be talking about kicking off the shoes and typing in this forum.]

-tomas-
When (or if) you return, i'll explain in better (the finest) detail.

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

tek0

Post by tek0 »

This is a video of a bunch of nutters who want humans 2.0 or some strange thing.

BBC video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=9

BBC video
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

tek0 wrote:This is a video of a bunch of nutters who want humans 2.0 or some strange thing.

BBC video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=9

BBC video
Love that lough... so jolly...nice guy.. did not catch his name. The guy with the silly glasses. O_o

ps. Those "nutters" are multi millioneres. You know.. The people with money.
It's just a ride.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

yahooyoda wrote:http://www.victorzammit.com/articles/nd ... sense.html

"There is now convincing evidence to challenge the current theory that consciousness can only exist inside the brain - and if you can have consciousness without associated brain function, that is enormously important for our understanding of the mind," he said.

For his latest research, 60 patients at Southampton General Hospital's coronary care unit were interviewed after heart attacks had left them temporarily brain-dead. Seven reported near-death experiences - defined by characteristic features such as a feeling of leaving your body, going through a tunnel and entering an area of "love, bliss and consciousness".

"The significance of this is that after a cardiac arrest you lose consciousness within eight seconds; within 11 seconds the brain's rhythms become flat, and within 18 seconds there is no possibility of the brain creating a model of the world - so the brain is down," said Dr Fenwick.

"Yet whenever we asked people when their near-death experiences occurred, they said it was during unconsciousness. If that's true, their experience was occurring when there was no blood flowing through the brain - and consciousness would appear to exist outside the brain."

It could be argued that their experiences occurred in the few seconds between brain functions being restored and the return of consciousness. But recent research on a patient in the United States, where traces of electrical activity in the brain were closely monitored, suggested this was not the case.

Mind over matter...?
Oddly full of paradox, and misdirection...

"Yet whenever we asked people when their near-death experiences occurred, they said it was during unconsciousness.
During unconciousness is a paradox.. easy to spot.

It could be argued that their experiences occurred in the few seconds between brain functions being restored and the return of consciousness. But recent research on a patient in the United States, where traces of electrical activity in the brain were closely monitored, suggested this was not the case.
So they were questioned at this point? Impossible.

My conclusion is that nothing is varified in this particular form of testing. My own experience suggests that we make up our dreams during waking, and not during those fast rem eye movements. So I would go with the waking up period to explain this set of results.
Tomas

Immortals Among Us (many photos)

Post by Tomas »

Immortals Among Us (many photos)

Conversely a little death can help avoid legal trouble. Peter Archer, 47, was arrested for running naked down a street in Melbourne, but he was released when it was discovered that he was fleeing from a mortuary where a doctor had officially pronounced him dead.

http://www.geocities.com/beccaelizabeth ... rt7500.htm

DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

...i say one thing and one thing only.... yoda you are by far the most ignorant and stupid person i have met in any forum in my life.... you do nothing more than confuse people by talking jibberish and nonsense.....please stop talking and leave... thanks....
Last edited by DFBatosee on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Can the sixth sense be described in terms of the other five?
I don't see why not.
Consider: most people would say they have experienced a "sixth" sense at some point. They might disagree on the details of the sensation, but so what? Two witnesses can and usually do disagree on something they saw or even if they saw it. The agreement would be that the sixth sense in some manner "exists."
If you have two orthogonal basis vectors, say the unit vectors on the x and y axes, you can "add" them in different proportion to generate any line in the 2-D plane they "span." In music, this happens all the time. If you heard a pure middle C, it would hurt your ears and not sound like a note. What you hear when C is struck on a piano is a combination of c, hi-c, g, d, ... and all the other notes (in that order!) with each note in the sequence in lesser relative amplitude or volume. This is called c's "overtone" sequence. It makes c sound rounded and pleasant. C sounds diffrent on a violin because the overtone sequence tones are in a characteristically different proportion, volume-wise. (There are other factors, such as attack and decay properties, but the main one is the overtone sequence.) The overtone sequence properties are distinct enough that we can all tell a violin from a trumpet playing the same note, and that synthesizers can use them to mimic different instruments.

If you consider that sensory input is in the form of vibrations from outside the organism, what if an input consists of vibrations in an overtone sequence linear superposition with which we are not immediately familiar, with no dominant "tonic" note which would make us call it a sound, a tactile sensation ala tempereature, visual imput like a lightwave...? And yet consisting of a combination of some or all of the above? Familiar enough to be called a sense and to be acted upon (feeling you're being watched and physically turning to see some leering creep suddenly averting his eyes from you)?

If 12 notes can be combined - both together and sequentially over time - to generate all of Western music, maybe speaking of a sixth sense as a combination of the 5 named ones is not so far-fetched. A corollary might be that a sixth sense is none one thing, but rather any sense not generated by the above idea of superposition of the 5 basic senory input goups being referred to as such,

In the same vein, it may be as well that there already exist a 6th, 7th, etc. sense, independent in the above manner of basis vectors, but ones we expereince normally so weakly compared to the 5 we have names for that we barely acknowledge them. Until, that is, the stronger ones are removed. Maybe the 6th sense is a normal stimulus being "felt" with the "tonic" notes removed, ie, just the overtone sequence without the much more dominant first frequency. Nothing like a dark, silent room to make the hairs on your neck stand up...

A blind person has the sight sense removed as a "tonic" sense with visual stimuli, and as one of the "basis" vectors in the sense above. To us, the heightening of the remaining 4 usual senses might feel like another sense altogether.

It is true that even a blind man knows when the sun is shining, yet it is light waves, or photons, he or she is expereincing, no?
DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

im not really sure how we ended up on "6th senses" or well i do but...still... i actually do agree with what broken said totally because the way you explained would make sense totally at least the last part. i dint quite understand why you brought up notes i must have missed something but i do understand that last part and a 6th 7th etc sense could be quite possible of not probable.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Tomas wrote:Remember; things are not travelling along in straight-straight lines anymore, they travel in burrows which interconnect, you might dig into someone elses burrow without realizing it, it may be furnished with the most fantastic things you've ever seen. You might alight on an unfamiliar flower. But we must be sure that we make an escape passage or route onto another plane.

-Trevor-
I'm impressed. You left nothing to chance on that one: it took some genuine work on my part to work through the abstractions and figure out how that was not crazy. Still a little obscure on the "another plane" business. Do you always keep some pot (or peyote) stashed in your cupboard or something? I don't take you for a drinker.

[Edit: on second thought, you could just be talking about kicking off the shoes and typing in this forum.]

-tomas-
When (if) you return, i'll explain in detail.

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Tomas wrote:

-tomas-

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

I just caught this.

Tomas, are you replying to your own posts now...?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

brokenhead wrote:
Tomas wrote:

-tomas-

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

I just caught this.

Tomas, are you replying to your own posts now...?

No.

I was editing it out and hit the damn submit button instead of save before finishing.

I'm using web-tv (msn-tv) analog - 'stead of my laptop. Web-tv doesn't pick up any viruses.

My bad :-(

Tomas

brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

yahooyoda wrote:What is the philosophical status quo of human immortality?

http://www.jhershierra.com/index.html

Resurrected Immortals Live Among Us, Physical Immortality Is Possible

http://www.jhershierra.com/encounterswithimmortals.html

The good news is that more resurrections and ascensions are being made every day, and many Immortals are choosing to stay behind and interact with humanity. They can speak any language and look young or old. They carry out specific projects and deal with trouble spots on the planet. Immortals work alongside the general population, encouraging them and shaping world events. You may have worked with or encountered Immortals and not even known it.

yahooyoda, are you, like, nearsighted or something...?
Tomas

Deep's Links

Post by Tomas »

Deep's Links

http://www.uforanks.com/links_4.htm

This website started December 1999

Tomas

UFO Seekers Flock to Mystery Lights in Texas (video)

Post by Tomas »

UFO Seekers Flock to Mystery Lights in Texas

Are they new US government WMD? (video)

A pilot, policeman and local business owners are among those who insist they have seen a large, silent object wth bright lights flying low and fast over the town of Stephenville, 60 miles south of Forrt Worth. (video)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ufo115.xml

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

There are some threads which ought never again see the light of day. This is one of them.