New forum software

Post questions or suggestions here.
Kevin Solway

New forum software

Post by Kevin Solway »

You will notice that the forum is now running on some new software.

If you are using the "prosilver" style, you can change the font size slightly by clicking on the link below the search button at top right of the screen.

If you find that the new forum layout takes too long to load, or if the font is too small, then click on "User Control Panel", then click on the "Board preferences" tab, and change "My board style" to "subsilver2". This will change the appearance back to a design similar to what it was before, but a bit better.

Another way to change the font size is to change the font size in your browser (View - text size). This works better on the subsilver2 style.

Warning: When editing a new post, if you press the "Save" button, your post will be saved as a draft, and will not be posted to the forum...
BMcGilly07

Re: New forum software

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Also, if you're using Firefox, a quick way to enlarge text size on a webpage is to press the 'Alt' key and the '=' key. To reduce font size, press 'Alt' key and the '-' key. Or, using your mouse go to the View menu, then text size, etc.
Katy

Post by Katy »

BMcGilly07 wrote:Also, if you're using Firefox, a quick way to enlarge text size on a webpage is to press the 'Alt' key and the '=' key. To reduce font size, press 'Alt' key and the '-' key. Or, using your mouse go to the View menu, then text size, etc.
ctrl not alt...
-Katy
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Thanks for the correction, Katy.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What the hell is a "Majestic-12 [Bot]"?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Majestic-12

Well, there are a lot of posts talking about Islam, there is an anti-American sentiment, we're talking about nuclear weapons - you didn't think the American government wouldn't be looking in on us, did you?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

OMG!! Run for the hills (preferably the ones without eyes)! Homeland Insecurity is watching!
Katy

Post by Katy »

Dan Rowden wrote:OMG!! Run for the hills (preferably the ones without eyes)! Homeland Insecurity is watching!
oh dear, what showed up? :D
-Katy
Elizabeth Isabelle

This is one of the problems with enabling "ignore user." You can look like a total idiot because you didn't see a relevant part of the conversation.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Dan, there was also a 'Google [bot]' logged in before. My guess is that it's a data miner looking for e-mail addresses or some other type of spam bot. The new forum might not thwart these types of things, or the updated software attracted them. Oh yeah, and Majestic 12 was supposedly a board of authorities in the US during the 50's or so dedicated to UFO research and covering up UFOs. Supposedly founded shortly after the Roswell incident.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Hey Bryan. Yes, they're search engine bots; I've just never heard of Majestic 12.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Well, looks like 2 people who put me on their list...
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Haha. I'd say Bryan just missed it. I think this feature is going make people paranoid.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Dan Rowden wrote:Haha. I'd say Bryan just missed it. I think this feature is going make people paranoid.
Actually, it's kinda confusing either way...
I wonder what happens if you foe the whole board? It would just be Dan, David and Kevin (who you can't ignore... hmph)

Also, we've always had the bots, they just haven't shown up for us I think (show up as guests) I mean, that day we had 113 users here, do you really think 1/5 people who have ever signed up were here at one time? :p
-Katy
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Yeah, I haven't yet found a single person I would put on an 'ignore' list- at least not one I wouldn't first sue the mods for bannination.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

I edited one of my posts and it worked fine but i couldn't see anything saying that it had been edited. Is this right?

To improve the new look it may be better for there to be slightly greater differentiation between posts, just a tad is often enough in these instances. Plus the posters names on the left side could be slightly larger. But it may be just a matter of adjustment, it would be better to wait.

I have noticed that if my connection fails or there is some other kind of glitch i lose data where previously i may not have, but it's too early to really tell at this stage. I tend to copy my posts before i submit them in case they don't make it.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Rhett wrote:I edited one of my posts and it worked fine but i couldn't see anything saying that it had been edited. Is this right?
If you edit your post within a few minutes of posting it doesn't show up as an edit.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I thought having member details in a column at right makes the posts easier to read. That's how one reads English. Less important stuff in the right hand column.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Rhett wrote:To improve the new look it may be better for there to be slightly greater differentiation between posts, just a tad is often enough in these instances. Plus the posters names on the left side could be slightly larger. But it may be just a matter of adjustment, it would be better to wait.
Where each post is prefaced by the topic (e.g. "Re: New forum software") the differentiation is fine for me. Spot on. Where it does not appear it can require attention, at least at first use.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

I definitely prefer personal details to the right.
Between Suicides
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I dress on the left.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Zoom in, Zoom out ("ctrl" + mousewheel)
DonnieEa

New forum software

Post by DonnieEa »

you have such a way of welcoming new members to the forum, and making them feel WELCOME...