Guys with too much time on their hands.

Post questions or suggestions here.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Wow, that was skillful.
- Scott
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I found it over at Future Philosophy. It was pretty impressive for what it is. If only they'd use their skills for good instead of evil - as 86 would say.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Dan Rowden wrote:I found it over at Future Philosophy.
Been slummin' again, eh?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I always keep up with what's happening there, in case it should go in the direction of something interesting.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

random:

the other day I read about Chinese people who claimed that their chicken, Xiu Xiu, can do basic addition and subtraction sums by nodding its head when it sees the right answer. The Chinese, I have concluded, will do anything for money. This is what you get, people, when capitalism overruns the world: Chickens doing maths. What next, a chicken winning the Nobel Prize? And, am I the ONLY ONE who figures the chicken was trained to nod its head at certain intervals or at certian signals?
Jason

Post by Jason »

I'm generally not a big fan of this type of stop-motion stuff, but I thought this was a very good and original variation: What to do if you can't play instruments in real time.
Elizabeth Isabelle

That was great Jason. :)
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

It was actually the same person (Lasse Gejertsen) you were calling vacant in the other thread.
Elizabeth Isabelle

I know - this thread is actually how I found him for the other thread (this one does not show she vacant eyes). Vacant does not equate to useless. Actually I liked the music from the one you originally called vacant in the other thread.
Katy

Post by Katy »

I dont know about the chicken, but there was a similar story about dogs. Then they found out the people were making very subtle clues - they may not have even been aware that they were, such as smiling when the dog is supposed to stop barking, or looking at it.
-Katy