Point of no return?

Post questions or suggestions here.
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

I don't know anything about biogenic shielding for four-person-home-built space ship...sorry...

Thanks for proving your point:)
Nordicvs

Post by Nordicvs »

Damn you normalites!
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

I brought it up because I notice that frequently, and especially lately, we get a flurry of new posters who write as though they have serious mental disorders. I think this place attracts them.
Well, is this a surprise? It's called "Genius Forum," after all. As we're all aware, a lot of deeply nutty people come to the conclusion that they are misunderstood genuises. Ocasssionally, this may even be the case. However, I think it's quite understandable and even predictable that a forum of this nature would attract a large eccentric element. Psychology has been mentioned frequently, and I think this is yet another example of basic human psychology in action.

I don't except myself from any of the above. My psychology is rather unusual by conventional standards, and I highly doubt I'd have any interest in being here if it wasn't. Did you expect a large population of people whose lives were all about "normal" things and ideas? If so, I'd wager to say you haven't understood what this place is about.

In plainer words, it's a bit of a nuthouse, and I think it has to be in order to have any hope of attracting those few among the nuts who have something interesting to say in addition to their nuttiness.
I live in a tub.
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

just like eating peanut butter!
Tomas

Re: Point of no return?

Post by Tomas »

MindExpansion wrote:What is reality?...Reality is a state of mind, that is brought on by consciousness....

Hypothetically writting, let us assume we know someone who is a schizophrenic. Now, that person is considered mentally ill, because they have delusions based on false experiences; Their realities are said to be wrong...They notice or pay attention to details that a normal people would ignore ~Why?

Would you consider their reality false? Why?

Mental health practitioners don't understand the causes of mental illness. They assume the persons brain is chemically imbalanced...Well what happens when we get sad? Why do we snap out of it and others don't? genes, upbringing, is there something missing/ or is there too much of it...In terms of coping mechanisims and just Brain plasticity in general (our ability to adapt).

I've had experiences of those type with someone very close to me and its scary...Do some of you know what I'm taking about?

Well Mr. President, I did not say much to answer your question, but I hope you found this somewhat stimulating.

why offer gravel to a box of rocks

;.
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

That's hilarious, lol:)

Now on a serious note...

why offer gravel to a box of rocks

...I don't know...Hmmm.

Depends: Why are you moving rocks? Can you carry the load? I also have a fishtank....

Y offer knowledge to a wise man? Is there a point? -hmmmm