Scott and Nick's pit fight

Post questions or suggestions here.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

- Page Left Intentionally Blank -
Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Esoterix,
The moment a man thinks something he should turn around and do his best to prove it.
The rest of your writings were over my head, or just insane mutterings...I don't know which. All I know is that I don't have the capacity to understand them as they are.

But about this point: why should a man do that when he was searching for truth in the first place, and not to win arguments or convert people?
- Scott
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Esoterix,

Thanks for digging up the whole post. That does help.

To answer your question, the higher consciousness would be of himself and of the world. It would involve getting rid of delusions and becoming the E word. Keep in mind that in that post I was explaining to Trevor what Nick finds wrong with Scott.

You also may want to know that I'm new at this forum, even though I've known (not in the biblical way, mind you) some of the people that post here for years.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

- Page Left Blank Intentionally -
Last edited by Esoterix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Esoterix,
I became self-conscious (self-aware) when I was around five or six years old, a step up if you please, and sexually aware at around eleven.
Five is way too old. I've been watching my niece closely since she was born, and she was definitely aware that she was a person at 14 months. She is now 20 months old.
Shah: It would involve getting rid of delusions and becoming the E word.

Eso: Very well. But you're tacitly accusing me of being deluded and unenlightened.
Why would you think that? I wasn't talking about you. Plus, I'm deluded myself, so it would be quite hypocritical of me to accuse you of such.
DQ: The practice of philosophy is a very serious business. The very future of your soul is at stake!

Eso: Note the exclamation point. So what then? If I don't buy the snake oil my soul gets eaten by Cyclops? Or at the very least it ends up compromised in some vague but terrible way? And if not terrible, what would be the big deal?

Well, that is just David's opinion. I never claimed to share it.
They're also convinced they have the market cornered on the truth and that the xian bible can't be understood unless one 'gets' their holy ghost.
It seems to me that most people think they have the market cornered on the truth. That is because something is either true or it isn't. But nobody is right about everything, not even 10% right.
Why should I trust any other mystical experiential-based and vaguely defined enlightenment just because somebody says they're smarter than xians?
You shouldn't trust it. Just read it and make up your mind if there's anything at all in there that is helpful. You decide.

I'll tell you why I think Eliza is bothered by your question to me. If you are really interested in learning about the path to higher consciousness, I should be the very last person in this forum that you should ask, as I am just a guest here, a lowly learner. The fact that you asked me makes her believe that you are more interested in romance than in philosophy.
As I wrote elsewhere, for every truth there's a masquerade or counterfeit. Tell me if you think that's a truth. I don't think anybody else is going to comment.
I agree it's possible.
Another reasonable question is whether the truth can be used to tell a lie? What do you think? Or are you going to skim this post like everybody else and write me, my comments and questions off as a lost cause, ala xianity?
What I believe is that truth can be used to hurt someone. And sometimes it can be used to tell a lie, yes. The more believable lies have some truth in them.
I've been wondering if that stray period at the end of some posts is of any significance? Do you know what I'm talking about? Just curious, is all.
I use it to force a blank line at the end of my post. That may be why the other women use it, but you'd have to ask them.
Esoterix

Post by Esoterix »

sschaula wrote:Esoterix,
The moment a man thinks something he should turn around and do his best to prove it.
The rest of your writings were over my head, or just insane mutterings...I don't know which. All I know is that I don't have the capacity to understand them as they are.

But about this point: why should a man do that when he was searching for truth in the first place, and not to win arguments or convert people?

(Since this post represents the worst kind of presumptuous human stupidity I'm going to leave it in place with a comment.)

(Win arguments and convert people? An intelligent adult would have taken my statement to mean that a man would attempt to prove his thoughts to himself. So beam yourself up Scotty, and never mind the stink.)
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

You make nearly 100 posts, most of which were harassing members with your lewdness, delete all the posts where you made a fool of yourself (which was nearly all of them) and now you're trying to play the wounded victim? You're acting more like you're 16 than 61.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I didn't mean to insult you Esoterix...I was being honest that your writings are probably over my head. Anything written creatively I have quite a hard time understanding.
- Scott