Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

The Dawkins Delusion

Post by Dan Rowden »

Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I like how it ended:

"And now for our next item, a discussion about the existence of -------- "

But then perhaps -------- is a delusion that may attract followers as well.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

I have never actually seen or met Dawkins with my own eyes. I don't trust TV. It's all camera tricks or somesuch.
Tomas

ABC Online Guestbook Religion & Ethics

Post by Tomas »

Tharan wrote:I have never actually seen or met Dawkins with my own eyes. I don't trust TV. It's all camera tricks or somesuch.

Dawkins thread

ABC Online Guestbook Religion & Ethics

http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentra ... tbookID=32

(Note Victor Bien Comment)

Unidian

Re: The Dawkins Delusion

Post by Unidian »

Dawkins and his fans don't impress me much. The seem very impressed with themselves for figuring out atheism. Wow. That's just the first step on a long road. Let's see them tackle free will next, just for openers. I bet he loses 80% of the crowd right there.

They are very self-assured people for having realized so little. Sure, it's a start and I'm glad he does what he does, but I'd prefer it be done at a distance.
I live in a tub.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

National Secular Society
http://www.secularism.org.uk/iraniandis ... nssec.html

Iranian dissident Mina Ahadi wins Secularist of the Year Prize

Dawkins says that it is "the awakening of women" that will solve the problem of "the worldwide menace of Islamic terrorism and suppression", Dawkins says women will defeat militant Islam

Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Basically, Richard Dawkins get a huge round of applause for an almost word, for word reply of the most common argument against science, and God.

Also, he believes that science has few flaws, and is therefore proof against God. However, as far as I can make out.. science is almost a long continuous run of flawed logic... however. the math's works, because the math's is based of real interactions with objects. It's like this... I bang my head on a wall, but I'm invisible, and the wall is invisible. A mathematician works out that two forces came into contact with one another, and that the speed of the one object, combined with the speed of the other object is the total force inflicted on something that we cannot see. They get that part right, but then they speculate that the wall moved into the human around an orbit of house.

This is exactly what they have done with atoms. Just last night I was reading about electrons inside atoms spinning around a nucleus in an orbit. I have always had doubts about this situation. But when Schrodinger added that the electrons were in a particle/wave duality to fix a problem with the electrons falling out of orbit, and into the nucleus, I began to realise that my doubts were gaining ground, and that science was cheating once more. This particle/wave duality is another fix electrons with a bodge, the same as Dark Matter fixes gravity with a bodge. Something doesn't feel right about this at all. Not when a photon is going to stike the electron. I don't feel that the aether is reduced to a small enough scale to create this effect.

So science does not prove anything to me, just that the math's works some of the time, but is interpreted wrong.

Therefore Richard Dawkins is as oblivious as the people who believe in God.
ZenMuadDib

Post by ZenMuadDib »

Unidian wrote:Dawkins and his fans don't impress me much. The seem very impressed with themselves for figuring out atheism. Wow. That's just the first step on a long road. Let's see them tackle free will next, just for openers. I bet he loses 80% of the crowd right there.

They are very self-assured people for having realized so little. Sure, it's a start and I'm glad he does what he does, but I'd prefer it be done at a distance.
I agree with on this. If you look at Noam Chomsky he is an atheist, but he hardly flouts that understanding. What scares me is this so-called atheist movement they're trying to start. If they really understand why it is that religion is so bad they would not be attempting some kind of movement in the first place.