Charles Manson interview at youtube

Post questions or suggestions here.
tooyi

Charles Manson interview at youtube

Post by tooyi »

Charles Manson interview:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 659258319&

This could make an interesting thread. Never heard him talk before and I must say I was quite surprised. The end is priceless. Which one makes a better human: Manson or Bush?
Let him who has ears hear.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

I found amusing his way of thinking about Paul McCartney as the father of so many things (I think manson means bad, undesirable things) that McCartney is not smart enough to realize - - -

But too often he just seemed to be rambling on and on pointlessly.

What was it about him that impressed you tooyi? Perhaps you can bring my attention toward something you found interesting.
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tooyi

Post by tooyi »

Cory,
But too often he just seemed to be rambling on and on pointlessly.
Yes he seems to ramble a whole lot. There is no denying how much he tries to make nothing out of his responsibility to what has happened. I expected him to be somehow broken so that there would be nothing but he rambles in such a way that he knows on some level how things really are.

What really surprised me, though, was the level of clarity, extent, and freedom in his thought with which he was able to look back at things. Him having lived his kind of life has left less illusions to maintain than the average public. His account on how he became to be is impossible to verify. Whatever the case he manages to throw out some real prizes such as his exposition about the reality of prison life and how far it extends. Often he had moments of real clarity such as the part where he finishes a thought to a question: "... why I got to be a criminal?" Somthing to really make one break into laughter for.

He seems to be a bit of an embodiment of the 'music and drugs = freedom' movement.

He was a natural born gyspsy/shaman type I guess.
Agreed.

The end was quite nice account about WWII, crime and war. More interesting was how the glimpse, where you could see how somewhere there is the push to come out with something constructive while at the same time there is the obvious of how much there is in the way for anyone to take his word for it, realization that despite weight there might be no one to carry the words.
Let him who has ears hear.
Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

Cory Duchesne wrote: I picked up the book 'On the road' - by Jack Kerouac the other day.

What inspid drivel!

Truman Capote's 'In cold blood'. Now there's a real book.
Interestingly, Capote, of Kerouac's writing said something like "That's not writing, that's typing."
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

On Manson, all I can say is do a little more research than watching that video to decide if you believe any of it. Even use some rationality - on the scene he said happened in the prison kitchen with the guy getting cut up and put half in one can and half in the other - and telling the cops he didn't see anything, etc. and telling all that in front of those two guards and on camera - uh, huh.

Beyond that go back to the pictures from the Tate murders - on the above video he says "Helter Skelter" was not his idea but the district atty's idea. Then in this interview he says that the kids he hung out with that actually did the murders were the ones who were Beatles fans, not him - and that he didn't tell any of them what to do because any woman that didn't know what to do, he sent away from him.

tooyi lamented:
The end was quite nice account about WWII, crime and war. More interesting was how the glimpse, where you could see how somewhere there is the push to come out with something constructive while at the same time there is the obvious of how much there is in the way for anyone to take his word for it, realization that despite weight there might be no one to carry the words.
Better than comparing Manson to Bush, compare Manson to Bin Laden. Of course Manson had some intelligence, how else could he have attracted such bright kids, and twisted their minds? Compare Manson's "ideals" and methods carried out in his name to Bin Laden - you'll get a much closer match.