The Power of Nightmares

Post questions or suggestions here.
MKFaizi

The Power of Nightmares

Post by MKFaizi »

Just to start things out on the right note, "Fuck all of you and your mamas."

Since this seems to be the central theme and concern of posters to this whorehouse, I figured I would just come to the point and get the ragged ego thing out of the way right from the top.

You people stink. All of you are pigs made of waste, etc. I am better than you and you are better than her and she is better than him and he is better than him and so on and so forth. But, clearly, I am the best. Everyone knows that, at least, thank God.

I call my house "Teenage Wasteland" because the place is crawling with the retards. I got teenagers coming out of the goddamn vents, for Christ's sake. I plan to trade a couple of the bigger ones on Ebay for some cockroaches. One medium large male teenaqer for twenty bags of cockroaches. Hell, I'll pay postage bothways.

Clear advantage. I can always call an exterminator to get rid of the cockroaches. Unless you're willing to take a murder rap, you can't get rid of teenagers. Stuck with the motherfuckers for life. Little homies, my ass. Goddamn infestation for life.

Negative enough for you, O Masturbator? Jimass is so holier than thou, makes me want to throw up. You're so pure, Jimmy, you gots to stop hanging around the ho's now. You be on the fast track to enlightenment -- the godomighty QSR stamp of approval. Time to kick your ass upstairs with the Puritans. Take your wanker with you.

How dare you lecture me. Lecture your God, David Quinn. Just for fun. See what happens. Stop sucking up for once and challenge him on his level.

You can't. Your tail is tucked between your legs, cur.

Wank on, lap dogs. The path to enlightenment is littered with flea bitten carcasses such as your putrid, pretentious fat asses. Filthy hounds of wet tongued Hell-lappers.

I'm not agressive. Aggressive in your dreams. I'm goddamn sinister.

But, seriously, folks.

The reason I am compelled to write here is to ask if anyone has ever seen "The Power of Nightmares?" I stumbled across it and I find it goes very well with the London bombings of today. I need to find a DVD copy. I was watching it on Real Player but I got the gist, despite the poor quality.

Some ring of truth to it. Discusses the beliefs of modern, western society verus the beliefs of a more Spartan, unworldly system of beliefs.

I am in the rather unfortunate position of seeing things both ways. I understand the position of the Muslim in a very strict sense but I also understand the seemingly hedonistic extolling of the individual in western society. I can comprehend how we are seen as naked dancing fools by those on the other side and, yet, I can also comprehend the scorched earth extremity of the other side and I deplore murderous techniques -- from both sides.

I can see the cheerleader in the short skirt both as an innocent young girl and as a vamp and destroyer of men and civilized society.

Contrary to popular belief, east and west do meet. The meeting just sucks.

Americans are arrogant enough and stupid enough to believe that extremist Muslims hate us because we have freedom. Ironically, the extremist Muslims view us as anything but free. They see us as trapped in our delusions of self indulgence.

I am certainly not saying that I think killing people is all right. The Qaida attacks are idiotic but they are not unreasonable. They have very clear reason.

I am too old to ever live to see it but I think that the west will win. In forty or fifty years, Islamic countries will become more like western ones. Won't be easy. But it will happen.

Makes the Cold War look like child's play. In the Cold War, the only fear was instant nuclear annihilation. I would never have feared riding a subway train back in the Sixties or Seventies.

Just so weird. I have this clear memory from the Eighties. I was walking down a street in Baltimore City with two Pakistanis. Both speaking Punjabi. Suddenly, the one said in English, "I love coming to America for the blue jeans and the women and the cars. Then, I love going home to my children and my house with walls. East is east and west is west and they can never meet."

Well, they have met. Collided.

There are many variations in the twisted tale.

I hope they have CNN in Hell. I just hate to miss an episode of Planet Earth.

Anyone ever see "The Power of Nightmares?"

Toast? Any other Britishers?

Shaheena Faizi
sevens

Power of Nightmares

Post by sevens »

MKFaizi,

Ever heard 'Del The Funkee Homosapien?' Up there with Tupac. Fuses intense intellect, with magic. Highly recommend 'Deltron 3030' - '2001' meets Reality.
DHodges

Teenagers

Post by DHodges »

Quote:Quote:<hr>I call my house "Teenage Wasteland" because the place is crawling with the retards.<hr>

My house is not crawling with teenagers. At present, the boy is 13 and the girl just turned 20, so is not quite a teenager anymore.

Still, it's interesting to have them around, if annoying. They are constantly doing things that make me go, "How could anyone do something that retarded?" - but then I think back to something similar I did, back at that age.

Dave Toast

Re: Teenagers

Post by Dave Toast »

Think I started a topic about this a while back but that'll be a gonner now. I was pretty shocked that the Beeb showed it really - so much truth about political manipulation and the manufacture of consent just laid bare.

I've got all 3 episodes on video and on my hard drive in Mpeg format. No need to send it to you though as it's still well seeded on Bit Torrent, even all these months later. You can get it <a href="http://torrentreactor.net/search.php?se ... 29&B1.y=15" target="top">here</a>. Let me know if you need a Bit Torrent FAQ.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I really am infested with teenagers. I only have two that belong to me but I also have their so called friends.

Yes, I did stupid things when I was a teenager. I can deal with them DOING stupid things. What grosses me out is the astonishing conceit.

Here is a story from Teenage Wasteland. I will make it as brief as possible. I allowed a nineteen year old boy to stay in my extra room. I did not charge him rent. I asked him to make some repairs to my house in lieu of rent.

Not a bad deal. Fix a couple of locks and holes in walls.

He stayed here for a couple of months and did absolutely nothing in the way of the simple repairs.

In the meantime, his seventeen year old girlfriend moves into his room. Just marches her ass right on in and moves in with him. I have known this girl since she was four. This boy is a stupid bum.

He quit his job and spent more than one hundred dollars on weed. Never fixed one hole.

Talks badly about his seventeen year old girlfriend. I don't like the situation.

The girlfriend sees him hanging all over this really hideous girl at the town carnival. She slaps the hell out of him at the carnival. They break up and I use his bad treatment of her as an excuse to get rid of him.

The same night that she slaps him, she gets a new boyfriend. Nicer kid. Not a bum. I tell her to tell her old boyfriend to get his stuff and get out of my house.

The next night, the girl walks a mile or two over town to get the first boyfriend and she brings him back to my house.

Her second boyfriend is sleeping in his truck in my front yard. She brings Goober One in the house and sleeps with him in the bedroom.

To me, this is beyond whorish behavior. I have no word for such cuntishness.

My daughter woke me up to tell that the bum was sleeping in my house. I kicked him out. The girl left, too. I celebrated.

I do not want cockroaches mating on my premises. Goddamn disgusting. I am sorry about the girl because she and Rock have been friends since childhood.

But her behavior is what gives females a bad name. That's why rappers talk about whores. No wonder. She got real snotty about things. Very superior acting. I think she and her bum are living some place or other. She will be pregnant soon. Exactly what she wants.

She's retarded.

Teenage Wasteland breeds Teenage Wasteland.

No more teenagers be occupying my spare room.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Well, I am trying to download it but it will take several hours.

I think I will look for a DVD or something. I don't like watching long things on the computer.

Sorry I missed your previous posts on this topic. Does seem to be a very interesting documentary.

Faizi
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Faizi, this Power of Nightmares is indeed one of the few sane moments of journalism on the topic of the war on terror, since 9-11.

There does not exist a DVD from the show because of copyright complexities. The producer himself released the files on the download networks since it was the easiest way to spread it.

Also interesting is to read the <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4 ... >responses from producer Adam Curtis</a> to all the questions that arose about the program content and distribution.

The transcript used to float around too, if you prefer reading instead of the power of images. I found one <a href="http://www.daanspeak.com/TranscriptPowe ... ">here.</a>

cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

I got Chapter 2 downloaded and watched, it was worth it I thought, so I'm continuing to download the other two chapters.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Don't want to be an American Idiot
Don't want a nation under the new mania
Can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind-fuck America...

Well, maybe I am the faggot America
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda
Now eveybody do the propaganda!
And sing along to the age of paranoia

Welcome to a new kind of tension
All across the alienation
Where everything isn't meant to be OK
Television dreams of tomorrow
We're not the one's meant to follow
For that's enough to argue

Green Day
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

From where did you download it? I was not successful with the torrent.

I did watch the third installment on "Prison Planet."

Faizi
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

This is where I downloaded it from. I had success with the MPEG2 files on the bottom of the DOWNLOAD section on the left. I also had to download a DVD de-coder and run it, but that wasn't a big deal.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I have not been able to do it but, thanks for the lead anyway, Cathy.

Faizi
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

With BitTorrent, you have to download the BitTorrent program first (see the Help section on the site for links to do that) install it and close down then restart all browser windows. Then log in to the site with your free account that you should have created and search for "power of nightmares". This worked for me but it is slow - I am 50% through a 344Mb file of the first part.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I can deal with slow if it involves about forty minutes. I think I will wait until it is more easily available.

I did watch the one episode about the caves.

Faizi
Diebert van Rhijn

Since we're on the topic, in general the file sharing system 'eDonkey' is regarded as better in usability and speed. Also more used at the moment and is known to contain more rarities and includes a terrific search system already. I downloaded and shared PoN with BitTorrent a while back but then it took also a long time. I'm sure the latest pop game or movie is more interesting to share for the average swappers. Documentaries are so uncool.

http://www.edonkey2000.com/
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

I have downloaded the first and last parts with BitTorrent and watched them.

Politicians are now well aware that their position enables them to construct a "reality" which peculiarly suits their agendas and bolsters their own status immensely.

Even the name Al Qu'aeda was created by the US Government after 9/11 and only used by Bin Laden once he heard it from them. How much else has been invented?
Lennyrizzo

world struggle

Post by Lennyrizzo »

The west cannot expect peace if it insists on influencing those who reject its ways. Everyone doesnt want to be westernized, but still the west believes it knows what is best for all others, particularily foreign women, and sometimes sneakily, sometimes not so, attempts to influence traditional middle-eastern culture. This has come at a price, and the price will keep rising.
Maybe its best to back up a bit, let some people live in a way of their own choice even if its not thought to be ideal. Make room for opposing views and lifestyles, instead of forcing ones body, machines and ways everywhere. But western leaders disagree, though they may give such ideas lip service, in their hearts there is no confusion, no doubt what must be done.
Since in our time leaders enjoy far greater protection and opportunity than the average citizen, they wont suffer as much for their decisions and strategy. If truth be known they are willing to loose even millions of their own to achieve their goal- the erradication of those who oppose a
non-western mentality, an end to traditional, so-called sexist ways. First to go will be the radicals, followed by the gullible political and spiritual leaders who betrayed them.
Diebert van Rhijn

Lennyrizzo, that's an insightful comment!

Some experts support your line of thinking, like Associate Professor Robert Pape of the University of Chicago. Over the past two years he collected the first complete database of every suicide-terrorist attack around the world from 1980 to early 2004.

Some comments from The Logic of Suicide Terrorism, an interview.
The world leader in suicide terrorism is a group that you may not be familiar with: the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka.

This is a Marxist group, a completely secular group that draws from the Hindu families of the Tamil regions of the country. They invented the famous suicide vest for their suicide assassination of Rajiv Ghandi in May 1991.

The central fact is that overwhelmingly suicide-terrorist attacks are not driven by religion as much as they are by a clear strategic objective: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from the territory that the terrorists view as their homeland
In virtually every instance where an occupation has produced a suicide-terrorist campaign, there has been a religious difference between the occupier and the occupied community. That is true not only in places such as Lebanon and in Iraq today but also in Sri Lanka, where it is the Sinhala Buddhists who are having a dispute with the Hindu Tamils
Or course it goes way further than just an occupying force with a different religious outlook.
Lennyrizzo wrote:Make room for opposing views and lifestyles, instead of forcing ones body, machines and ways everywhere.
This hints at the terrorism that is inherent to an organized system that is expanding at the cost of singular 'islands'. It doesn't matter how that system defines 'freedom', 'truth' or 'democracy', it will rule by fear, by inclusion, by overwhelming force of a (perceived) majority, or like .. "a matrix in which an absolute model of security is elaborated, which will encompass the whole social field, and which is fundamentally a model of deterrence." (Jean Baudrillard)

The war on terror is actually 'the violence of the global', or the terror of expansion of nihilistic values that the West has culminated as universal 'rights'. And of course the unavoidable build-in reaction against this movement. Current anti-terror actions are in fact fueling the fire...
Jean Baudrillard wrote:... a system of maximum security that radiated around them, the protective zone of control and deterrence that extends, slowly but surely, over the territory - a technical, ecological, economic, geopolicical glacis
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

The west cannot expect peace if it insists on influencing those who reject its ways. Everyone doesnt want to be westernized, but still the west believes it knows what is best for all others, particularily foreign women, and sometimes sneakily, sometimes not so, attempts to influence traditional middle-eastern culture.
Lunacy. When we speak of the West, we speak of the prevailing political leadership. When we speak of the Middle East, we -- again -- speak of the prevailing political leadership. But what is the difference? Noam Chomsky writes on the subject of control in both democtratic and totalitarian societies. He speaks of the fact that in democratic societies the populace is controlled not through force, but through propaganda -- thought control (an entirely un-new yet amazingly misunderstood idea). Through the manufacture of state-sanctioned intellectualism and a decent enough rewards system, this notion of freedom is further substantiated. But at what cost?

Under totalitarian rule, there is no mistake about the propaganda. It is openly thrust upon the peoples by a "Ministry of Truth." You are free to believe it or not -- whether you do or don't is irrelevant because if you disobey, you will be punished. Simple. Chomsky here makes the point that you are free to think.

It has so little to do with women, in my view, that it has to do with Woman. The West worships her, and the Middle East -- through fear -- must subjugate her. But NEITHER, it seems, can abandon Her.

It's about time both men and women stood on their own two brain cells and started thinking.

Chomsky, in my view, is spot on. Hussein is a woman; G Dubbya is a woman -- they both fucked eachother's and their own countries and now the rest of the us have to watch their god-damned, trans-fucking-national domestic.

Mama loves her baby
Daddy loves you, too
The sea may look warm to you, babe
And the sky may look blue...
Lennyrizzo

interview

Post by Lennyrizzo »

Journalist: Gee, how strange, this scare is so like the last butwithout the fire power. Whys that?
Typical blind anglo coward: Oh, its probably just some teens trying to get attention.
Wise person: It may be people affiliated with the first group, or with similar concerns, the same people essentially trying to make a point.
Typical blind anglo coward: I doubt it. They were lucky to have pulled it off once, let alone twice. We've got cameras and eyes peeled everywhere in this great city.
Journalist: But why so similar to the first. And why less explosives?
Typical blind anglo coward: Because we're chasing them down into corners, they're on the run, they havent time or opportunity to assemble the deadiest explosives, this is a sign we are really beginning to win the war on terrorism! Those evil cutthroats surely would have killed and maimed as many people as possible, those bloodthirsty arab fiends.
Wise person: Well, it may be they're just trying to make a few points. It's obvious there are still many people unaware how much more damage the terrorist can make if they chose to, the western leaders are always lying to their people to help them feel safe. Maybe they're saying "You damn fools, we dont want to kill people, thats YOUR specialty, we want to gain more control, and we sure as hell will one way or the other. We're actually many times more merciful that you and your leaders are, see, heres proof for you. Cant you see we can do whatever we want in your
super-protected city? Can't you see that the heavy-handed approach is counter productive, and that you should expel your foolish leaders?"
" You havent seen anything yet. Just keep on putting the pressure on our little plans with our little bombs, and force us, why don't you, into plan B, that's B as in BIG bombs, LARGE scale damage, MAXIMUM casualties, MORE civilian deaths. Just go ahead, and see what your foolish reactions will bring to be."
Lennyrizzo

interview

Post by Lennyrizzo »

Journalist: Well let's hear direct from the horse's mouth, so to speak, let's hear from a terrorist sympathizer.

Terrorist sympathizer: Control IS the issue, not religion-- thats just a western smokescreen meant to distract from reality, Control of our lives, our way of life, of our families, our destiny, our philosophy of life, our morality. We are sickened with immorality of western ways, it sickens us to imagine our children being influenced by those infidels. Just look at America for example. Everyone is fucking anything that moves, families are a thing of the past, children grow up without fathers and fathers have no control of the destiny of their children, women have turned into disrespectful whores lacking a devoted masculine presence in their early years, just look how they treat their men, it's disgusting, what man who is still a man could stand for it! His wife is screwing whomever she likes and he must stand there with a manufactured smile on his face for if he complains the courts will see to it he pays for his dissention. Teachers and child care providers are fat ugly creatures, they are terrible role models for children. Much of the country is sick with something, eating like undisciplined pigs and suffering many illnesses for it. They suck up our poppies like it was going out of style, all addicts of one form or another. The children are going mad, doped up on drugs, mowing down students and teachers in schoolyards. They all live in fear of themselves!
The prisons are full of men, and more women are joining the ranks, many of the men we now know, unfairly tried and unjustly treated as new DNA techniques reveal. And these are just the extreme cases, throughout the land nearly all your men have been given the shaft, only the most obedient are spared and pushed with dollars into leadership positions. I could go on and on and on.

Who in their right mind would want this kind of 'liberty' for their nation and children. It's decadant, disgusting, and we would rather die, every one of us, before submitted to your wives, sisters and mothers, before allowing the scorge that is your way of life seep like a cancer into our homeland.
You should be ashamed of your selves.

Now get your fucking selves and everything associated with you away far away from me and my children, or we will surely bring hell on earth to you and your sick, twisted, wiseless society- if it be Gods will.

-
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

From an eyewitness on the latest-hit bus in London:

"I turned around and there was a man lying on the ground with his arms outstretched in a Jesus Christ position, lying on top of a medium-sized black and green rucksack, face up."

There can't be too many nutcases out there into this kind of thing.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I was disturbed to hear on the radio this morning an eyewitness account of the shooting of a suspect by the London police.

The witness said that the police were chasing a young man wearing a heavy coat. The young man, according to the witness, looked like a "scared rabbit.'

Once the young suspect was on the ground, one of the cops shot him five times until he was dead.

In the civilized world, I thought that someone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I thought the civilized world had this lofty ideal of justice.

Sounds like Baltimore or Los Angeles.

Faizi
avidaloca

Hate killing

Post by avidaloca »

Especially considering the guy was a 27-year-old Brazilian legally living in London for the last three years and on his way to his job as an electrician.
On top of that he was pinned down to the ground by five police before being shot - not exactly a threatening position.

It hearks of a revenge killing similar to when the British massacred hundreds of innocent Australian Aboriginals after a white person was killed by one of them.
Lennyrizzo

interview

Post by Lennyrizzo »

Journalist: Well, that is certainly a passionate response! But if the world has a problem and you need police muscle to solve it, you have to send the police that you have on hand, for better or worse, there is no one else who can deal with it. For example, there in Iraq, there was that dictator Saddam. No one there could stop him, so even if you dont like the western police and people, you needed them and they came. Now you're rid of him, thanks to what you call infidels. That many innocents get caught up in the struggle is unavoidable, there will always be unintended deaths, it's unavoidable, even if a Muslim army removed Saddam innocents would have still died.

Terrorist sympathizer: Yeah, but look how many they killed those maniacs! Some say over 25,000 innocent children, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, religious people and leaders, some of them damn good people, were blown to pieces there in Iraq! Are you hearing me? I just said thousands of totally innocent people were wiped out with those horrible western guns and bombs!! Exactly how should the ones God spared feel about that? How would Australians or Londoners or Americans react if we killed thousands of their people accidentally, and if they didnt want us to be doing any shooting around them in the first place? How would they react? Wouldn't they be enraged and do whatever is required to put an end to it?

Journalist: Well, everyone has suddenly gone silent. What about you there, we havent heard from anyone from the UK yet?

UK citizen: Yes, when you put it that way, Yes, even though I myself am against violence and killing, I have to admit under those conditions I would certainly kill and die if necessary to stop it, to protect innocent people. That's a lot of people, not just a few hundred, which could be tolerated depending. There's no way the UK or any other country would let anyone get away with accidentally killing thousands of us, no matter what their goal was, no matter how virtuous their intention. Just look what happens when only one innocent person is mistakenly killed in the name of justice. It's often a scandal. Just the fact that we are so careful not to kill the wrong man, and feel like hell when we do it, proves how big a deal it is.

Journalist: What about the American, how would your people react?

American: About the same. We wouldn't stand for it. We would proclaim them to be the worst of evil and then wipe them off the face of the earth.

Journalist: So can you understand now why our terrorist sympathizer demands that all westerners leave his homeland immediately, and why his people are reacting so violently?

Londoner/American: Yes, it's clear as a bell to anyone willing to be honest with themselves. When you look at it that way the only conclusion one could reach is that western governments believe that foreign innocents are much less worthy of living than their own innocents, that American children are entitled to superb protection while Iraqi children are barely entitled to live.
Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick!

Journalist: So what about that, is that a reasonable attitude? Don't we all live here on this one planet, all equal in God's eyes? An Iraqi child that gets accidentally killed might have otherwise become a great doctor or leader and perhaps moved to America one day, but now that he or she is dead or mutilated, this will never happen. So does this double standard make much sense in this day and age, in our small world, where people move about and live almost anywhere?
Doesn't it make much more sense to raise the status and objective value of Iraqi children to say, at least perhaps... on par with that of... our household pets!? Of ALL muslims for that matter?

Londoner: Aren't you the funny one.
But, I find it difficult to laugh while tears are forming in my eyes.

My God, what have we done???????????!!!!!!!!!