Same-Sex Marriage

Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

Re: DEFEND CANADA..ABOLISH SAME SEX MARRIAGE IDEA

Post by Dan Rowden »

Well, I think you're right, having thought it over. We certainly don't want a world-wide academic breaking out. God forbid.

Dan Rowden
creativegal

Re: DEFEND CANADA..ABOLISH SAME SEX MARRIAGE IDEA

Post by creativegal »

Ok,I'm an idiot, I knew darn well I was using that word out of term, I didn't follow my intuition not to use it.
David Quinn

Re: sex

Post by David Quinn »

Dave Toast wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr>You should apply to go on Big brother David.

That would be so right and so wrong in so many different ways.<hr> Lying around all day and arguing that A=A? That would certainly make good television.

The current series of Big Brother in Australia is quite interesting because Big Brother (the person) is being fairly malicious and creating a lot of stress in the household, and, as a result, the inherent differences between the sexes are coming to the fore. These differences are no longer being hidden by political correctness and social convention, but instead are being teased out into the open by the necessity of the housemates to try and cope.

While the males are, by and large, stoic and unflappable, the females are drowning desperately in a sea of emotion. They are constantly bursting into tears. Even the males in the house, as dull as they are, can't believe how emotionally up and down they are. And the incessant chatter amongst the females is constantly about sex and matchmaking. One minute they hate all the males in the house and regard them as unattractive, the next they are giggling and asking each other which of the guys they want to sleep with! It's quite insane, but very much par for the course for women.

I'm sure the program is quite an eye-opener for many men watching it. It's as though the television producers have kindly created Exhibit A for a demonstration of Weininger's views.
MKFaizi

Re: A musical interlude:

Post by MKFaizi »

Re: Kathie:

Well, she would have been a wonderful husband. She was six feet one. Very strong. I don't trust myself changing a flat tire. I would never get the lugs tight enough. She changed my flats a couple of times.

She once saved my brother when a riding lawn mower fell on top of him when he was taking it off a truck. I would not have had the physical strength to move the thing off of him. He was thankful that she was around.

The kids listened to her better than they did to me, too. Good disciplinarian.

She was smart. Not into philosophy but I did discuss Nietzsche and Kierkegaard with her often. She understood the concept "woman."

I consider that her ex-husband killed her. He had her boys taken away from her. That killed her. Not long after he took them away, she fell asleep at the wheel and ran under a tractor-trailer truck. Instantly decapitated.

He moved into the house and, thanks largely to the Social Security payments he received for the boys after Kathie's death, he has done very well financially. Selling his current home and moving to a much larger place and getting married.

When Kathie was alive, his child support did not even cover the cost of child care so that she could work.

He just bought a boat.

I consider him to be a cunt. Pure bred pussy. Kathie was a much better man.

The so called purity of marriage between a man and a woman is one gigantic dick-wad hoax. Total bullshit.

Sex between a man and a woman may be a stress reliever but damn. At what cost?

In marriages that do last until old age, the sexes merge, i.e., the male becomes more feminine and the woman becomes more masculine.

Faizi
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Thats a totally tragic story.

"In marriages that do last to old age, ie, the male becomes more feminine and the woman becomes more masculine"

I knew that women became more masculine, but I didn't know men became more feminine, hmmm, you learn something new each day. So David Quinn is going to become a pussy, are you looking forward to this David? When you get there David maybe you'll be inclined to burn Nietzche or Weinenger. This is hilarious, he's gonna be a woman!

Just a little humor, no offense intended
N0X23

Post by N0X23 »

creativegal:

Quote:Quote:<hr>It happens all the time everywhere, it doesn't make it normal.<hr>

Well yes, if it did happen all the time and everywhere, that would indeed make it normal.

Quote:Quote:<hr>Normal activity produces life!<hr>

So an old man dying in his sleep isn’t normal

and what of masturbation, is that a normal sexual activity?

Hypothetically.
If two men and a woman were to engage in a abnormal activity together, but the woman became pregnant and gave birth to a normal healthy Christian boy, due to the debauchery, would that then classify their threesome as legal and normal?

Quote:Quote:<hr>
Abnormal sex produces abnormal pleasure and that all!<hr>

What aspect of pleasure designates whether its normal or abnormal?

Also, if a Christian couple, legally married in the appropriate, God sanctioned ceremony and church, on their wedding night, practiced nothing but oral and anal sex, would you define that as normal or abnormal?

Quote:Quote:<hr>
I cannot think of the three legal terms for the different loves we share. One is Agupy love, and there are two more I have written down somewhere, you must know of these three loves I speak of.<hr>

The word isn’t Agupy, it’s the Greek word Agape,

Agupy is a small fish.

But the irony is , Agape love is the love of one’s fellow man, they even have a ceremony dedicated to agape love called a Love Feast, where men ( no woman) of all social castes are invited to express their love for one another.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Nox

Just because it does indeed happen everywhere world-wide, this still doesn't make it normal. I use the Bible as reference as others use Nietzche or Weinenger
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Oi! That was a bit below the belt, David Quinn. Although, I must admit, it can be difficult to tell the difference at times.
birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes »

Quote:Quote:<hr>David, are you going to bring back The Brothel, or what? I feel like I'm missing a body part.<hr>Leyla, do you think any QRS are enlightened? Even if not, it's obvious you consider them teachers. Have you visited them? If I lived in Australia, I probably would have.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

David Quinn is not married.

Faizi
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Leyla, do you think any QRS are enlightened?<hr>

I reckon David is. I’ve not read much of Kevin’s stuff -- and even less of Dan’s (?). However, I must ask you what your notion of enlightenment is? To you, how does such a state manifest in a being and why? Is it permanent?

Quote:Quote:<hr>Even if not, it's obvious you consider them teachers.<hr>

I find the ease and profound simplicity with which David communicates concepts that are generally quite unwieldy to be inspirational. I have been so inspired by a number of people and conversations from time to time on this forum. But the state of enlightenment is beyond reason, Anna.

One of my favourite lines is the one Kevin used the other day:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Kevin: In that case, we can safely ignore your statement, since it cannot be true.<hr>

In reply to:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Analog: there can never be absolute certainty in the universal sense.<hr>

That is what I call beauty.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone respond to it. It is always ignored. Fascinating.

Quote:Quote:<hr>Have you visited them?<hr>

Not yet. But I did consider it just the other day after being reminded of them -- and a long overdue trip to The Franklin -- by a documentary on the Tasmanian Devil.

Quote:Quote:<hr>If I lived in Australia, I probably would have.<hr>

If I lived in the US, I’d probably visit Marsha.
birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes »

Quote:Quote:<hr>David Quinn is not married.<hr> So what. Neither are the others. If that is what you're thinking. In that case, why not snag all three? Why be conventional?

I think this is an idea whose time has come. Men cannot handle the annoyance of an entire woman by themselves.

Sexual jealousy is absurd.
birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes »

Quote:Quote:<hr>I reckon David is.<hr>Why don't you go see him, then?

Quote:Quote:<hr>I must ask you what your notion of enlightenment is?<hr>Don't know. I'm more concerned these days with whether it is ever possible to get out of the hole we are in. Is it possible to stop dreaming? Why is conventional truth so hard to pin down?

I question whether an enlightenment of the sort that one has definitely "arrived" exists. Jed McKenna says it does, but then, it appears his books may have been made up.

But even there, I'd say that platform (definite enlightenment) is really just the beginning of the real adventure.

Quote:Quote:<hr>To you, how does such a state manifest in a being and why? Is it permanent?<hr>Due to the bigness of reality and the individuality that pervades it, no two manifestations are alike. There are probably broad categories of realization, which adds to the confusion because not everyone is speaking of the same thing when they refer to enlightenment. Generally, enlightenment should refer to eliminating false concepts. David tries to do away with mysticism but he loves God. I would think some common manifestations ought to include no fear of death and no ability to get upset (though perhaps a bit dismayed) by people's actions.

It may not always be permanent, depending on the level of insight achieved.

Quote:Quote:<hr>I find the ease and profound simplicity with which David communicates concepts that are generally quite unwieldy to be inspirational.<hr> A beautiful mind is a pleasure but the thing you have to be careful of with men is that it is in their nature to build structures. Idea structures are girded with struts of logic. The structure holds. Nonetheless, if you walk down a city street, you will see many varieties of buildings, all well built.

Quote:Quote:<hr>But the state of enlightenment is beyond reason, Anna.<hr>So they say. Perhaps it is beyond language.

Quote:Quote:<hr>and a long overdue trip to The Franklin<hr> What's that?

Quote:Quote:<hr>If I lived in the US, I’d probably visit Marsha.<hr>Rejected again. : (

cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

<a href="http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouv ... e485">Same - Sex Marriage passed in Canada</a>
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I wrote that David Quinn is not married in reference to a remark from Creative Gal to the effect the David may have trouble accepting his femininity from aging.

I had been writing about how married couples become somewhat opposite in gender personality characteristics as they age together.

Sorry for having to take this space to explain what is already in this thread.

Faizi
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

An emotional David, imagine that. Well David you'll just have to join the ladies for tea.

Just teasing ya
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Canada passed the Bill, huh? I always knew Canadians were superior to those damn Yankees.

Must be the French/European influence or something........

Dan Rowden
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Canadians are definitely superior to Yanks. Doubt it? Just ask a Canadian.

I realize that all Canadians are not pompous prigs but plenty of them are pompous prigs.

They just passed the thing to try to make themselves look European or something.

Is same sex marriage legal in Europe and Australia?

By the way, those of us in the south do not consider ourselves to be Yanks. I still believe that the south should separate from greater Philadelphia -- after getting rid of the Falwell types, of course.

The only prig more pompous than a Philadelphian is a Canadian.

I agree with their choice and I agree with the French that Americans are insufferable jackasses.

But I resent the air of cultural superiority and snobbery.

Faizi
cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Marsha: They just passed the thing to try to make themselves look European or something.<hr>

I'm sure there is some truth to that. But even most conservative Canadians really aren't interested in legislating morality. Although the ones who do, are getting louder, hopefully not as a result of increased quantity, with any luck they're just in there last throes!

Quote:Quote:<hr>Marsha: Is same sex marriage legal in Europe and Australia? <hr>

Belgium and the Netherlands are the only other countries with legalized same-sex marriage. (according to the article at least)

Quote:Quote:<hr>Marsha: But I resent the air of cultural superiority and snobbery.<hr>

Even though we manage to have our own brand of political debauchery, it's still hard to switch on Fox News and not feel a sense of relief.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Morality was our better traits but our sensibility is what brougt Canada a multicultural Country, People traveled aross the world to reside in our Proud Country,everyone around knows Canada is the greatest place to be, despite what you foreign tongues say. I know my Country better than the most elite. I'm far from snobbery, I only think like an aristocrat, I am as humble as they get, and I enjoy shopping the second-hand shops, and the consignment stores.

Our court systems are good, they know what they are doing. Our people know pretty much to behave themselves, so most people here are good natured good Canadians, people won't do dirt to you here, unless you're into the underground stuff, drugs etc. etc. etc. People don't call the cops on others around here to much, people handle people, and people know it. We are much a positive family; with sensibility of the mense.
But, I will be the first one to point my finger right at the rulers and blast them with words which will bite like a bitch
But, being a public figure I must be careful.

Our Prime Minister Paul Martin says we are a nation of minorities, if our nation were divided-up into four parts, three parts were against and only one part was for, this is the exact parallel as to what happened in our Country, he gave in to a minority minority over a majority minority.
Our government now is under the rule of evil, we're going to see these ? kissing right in the streets no doubt, what a sickening thought. I wonder if there is a place on this earth that is pure and good, because thats where I'd go.
I'd leave my Country now, before I wouldn't.

I'm disgusted that our Country could stoop so low. Just watch how this is going to turn into a world chain reaction like the blind lead the blind. We Canadians weren't even given free vote. These Politicks, I mean Polidics, knew they would have lost to free vote.

I wasn't really ever personally against these ? I just didn't want that minority being allowed to change our Marriage Tradition.

"No amount of darkness can extinguish the light of one small candle"

Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Why don't you go see him, then?<hr>

Well, I can only respond in one way to this: in what way do you think this would be of use to me?

Quote:Quote:<hr>Why is conventional truth so hard to pin down? <hr>

I don't think it's hard to pin it down so much as it is hard to swallow.

To me "conventional truth" is an oxymoron for two reasons: convention is based on opinion, and; it leaves no room for individuality. The word convention alone would have sufficed.

I might, however, be willing to accept the term "conventional reality."

More later. Daughter's turn...

N0X23

Post by N0X23 »

creativegal:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Just because it does indeed happen everywhere world-wide, this still doesn't make it normal. I use the Bible as reference as others use Nietzche or Weinenger<hr>

Ah yes, congratulations. The manipulation and distortion of Wisdom to justify ones ignorant prejudices and bigotry, it’s a NORMAL practice, as old as time.
N0X23

Post by N0X23 »

ps.

<span style="font-size:large;">
Spain legalises gay marriage</span>

<a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article ... 00.html</a>
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Yes, its going to become world-wide
WolfsonJakk

Post by WolfsonJakk »

I doubt the Middle east will adopt the practice anytime soon.

Hey look, a commonality we have with another cultural theocracy, and our sworn enemy no less! Good times, good times.

Tharan