Human Dynamics

Post questions or suggestions here.
Gretchen

Human Dynamics

Post by Gretchen »

Scott and Sapius, God love you, you will understand better than anyone what I am about to write. You wade through all the bullshit and stand by your conviction of what you believe and continue to support me no matter how ego-filled, how self-absorbed, how damsel in distress you think I am…good for you. I will appreciate your comments.

After reading the latest round of posts, I was amazed at what I read. I began a new thread because the other one needs to be buried, if not cremated. After I comment about the most amazing things I read, I have some thoughts to discuss at the end.

Sue:
I don’t need anyone to hold my hand nor speak words of kindness. Scott raked me over the coals in another thread. I don’t think he is the hand holding type. Unhappiness is not the issue and this was made clear enough because Scott basically said the same thing you did but in a point of clarification.

I posted the thread because the majority of people here are not the average man on the street. I am looking to find someone, not necessarily the whole membership, to discuss what one doesn’t ordinarily see, the obscure, because most average people don’t have these types of discussions. I’m not here to pursue wisdom, enlightenment, or perfection in a do or die serious fashion, but to attempt to understand that which is unexplainable with assistance from those who would not look at you as if you were crazy. And yes, a guy at work commented that the nature of this web site was a bit bizarre, and he is one of the most open-minded people up there.

From what I’ve read in the Tao in the past, the serious pursuit of wisdom, by itself, cannot achieve enlightenment unless combined wholeheartedly with compassion. So for you to call Sapius and Scott “boy scouts” is mocking the essence of what enlightenment is about. Ego is trying to warm up to the male members of this board attempting to show how masculine you can be rather than understanding that there is more to achieving wisdom than “generate into an escapist entanglement in concepts, theories and dogmas.” I am not trying to make an enemy of you because I really respect what you have said in other posts, but this attack is unfounded.

Sue replied:
Women are like little children. Seeing males using them to pleasure themselves, is disgraceful. It just goes to show how much respect most men have for themselves.
Why do you hate men (and women) so much? And why demean your own gender? Goodness knows we already have a strike against us at the beginning.

Sue also replied:

By not acting in accordance with Truth, you condemn you and your future lives to remain in Samsara indefinitely. It could be that Sapius’ and Scott’s lack of consideration for passthrough has put her philosophical development back another thousand years or more.

First of all, I resent your insinuation. You don’t even know me or my philosophical development…why, we haven’t even discussed a word yet in this forum and you’ve already drawn grand conclusions. Secondly, Sapius and Scott, unlike others, have tried to discuss something rationally without shoving it down your throat or making you feel as worthless as a horse or human being needing euthanasia (TY Dilbert) Where is Hitler when we need him most?

Prince:
These men are not “girlies”. These men are safe enough in their skin to not be concerned one way or the other about gallantry…Sapius reads through all the crap written about him and he just doesn’t really concern himself with it. All he says is what he believes to be the truth…causality.

Sapius wrote:

… read a thread here with the subject, “Causality is Free”, and then tell me what you understand.

Sapius, bless you. I shall read that soon.

Scott wrote:

Her being here and speaking to us has brought her quickly forward. No matter what we say, because of who we are, she is rapidly being brought up to speed with us. Once again, it's good that she's here.

I read something a while back that I pulled up: True compassion knows no rules. Compassion can drive one into hell itself for the sake of others. Does compassion then drive one to be unwise? Of course not, for wisdom, too, is not subservient to rules. A person of compassion and wisdom is a truly free person, who will not hesitate to act against traditions, conventions, and laws if his wisdom and compassion tell him to. Even though he is filled with joy of life, the true sage guided by compassion and wisdom has higher priorities than happiness, obeying the law and mere survival.

(But Scott, I do want to preface this quote by referring back to the true sage who in possibility of forfeiting his life, steps in between the violent man and the clinic door anyway)

Scott also wrote:

So, I think we should continue discussing it until your mind is clear on it. Don't pay attention to antagonists.

I shan’t.

Now…after reading all of this pomp and circumstance, I went to the acupuncturist. While under the needles, I always go off into an ozone like place, so I decided to try my hand at meditation, the subject being the human dynamics I just read. Two things came of that hour of reflection and relaxation, one is clearer and the other is not, but do not ask for more clarification as I won’t give it to you nor can I. It is to be your insight that I wish to read. Any fallacies in the thoughts are my own and not intended. Here goes:

Who is more enlightened:
One who lives the truth but hides in the fog; or,
One who hides the truth and lives in the fog?

A longer story:

You want to learn to play tennis. You sign up at the club for Beginner’s lessons and show up in your running shoes, cut-offs and favorite t-shirt. You are joined by many others dressed in attire ranging from magazine ad togs to things you wouldn’t wear outside the door of your home.

The tennis pro joins you on the court. May I have a show of hands as to how many have never played tennis before? Most raise their hands. Good, now may I have a show of hands as to how many have played tennis before? Three people raise their hands. Good, now may I have a show of hands as to how many people have ever played competitive tennis before? Only one raised their hand while remarking that it had been many years ago.

The teacher assembled the students on the court and began to teach the proper form, execution and scoring of the sport. The instruction went on for several classes over the weeks, during which time the teacher began rallying with the students in order to help them with their ground strokes and form. Some students were better at rallying than others. In fact, some of the students who had never played before actually showed more natural ability than those who had played before.

The teacher brought in another pro and divided up the class. One set was to receive instruction for half of the class while the other set played a tennis game. The new pro further divided the set into groups of two so that each person could play another person in a singles game. You get out there on the court and find that you have been paired with one of the worst players out there. You hit the ball to them and they send it flying over the mesh dividers separating out the various tennis courts. You win the game.

Next, the teacher pairs you with a beginner who has played competitive tennis. They hit the ball to you and the two of you rally it around, but then you hit the net. No matter how hard you try, you hit the net. You lose the game.

Then, the teacher pairs you with a beginner of your same skill. You both rally the ball, one time you lose, the next time you win, but the game ends in a draw.

Finally, the teacher lets you choose someone, to include himself, to play a game while waiting on the other pro’s lesson to finish. Whom do you choose? If you want to get better at the game, the wiser thing to do is to pick the person that has more talent than you. That way, you can begin to emulate their movements, see their techniques and perhaps increase your ability in the game. But, what if the worst player picks you? What do you do?

I await comments
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

-
The above is once again a call for sympathy. Because of this, I recommend this thread be moved to Worldly matters. Then those who feed off of dead carcasses can have their fill.

-
Sue
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Scott and Sapius, God love you, you will understand better than anyone what I am about to write. You wade through all the bullshit and stand by your conviction of what you believe and continue to support me no matter how ego-filled, how self-absorbed, how damsel in distress you think I am…good for you. I will appreciate your comments.
If you're going to be ego-filled/self-absorbed/damsel in distress, then it'd be best if you didn't do it on the Genius Forum. This is a place for serious discussion about the path to wisdom, not a place to play the damsel in distress.

I have to say, making a whole new post and playing it out the way you have is kind of dramatic...but you're new here so I don't personally blame you. Just know that you shouldn't make such a big deal out of these things. Posting here opens up wounds. My feelings were hurt pretty much everyday I posted here in the beginning. Some things really shook me up. I think most people experience this. We all confront the ego here...which we all take to be ourselves. In helping eachother out, sometimes we hurt eachother.

Making a big deal of it is kind of self absorbed. Keep it philosophical, and if it isn't, take it to the Worldly Matters forum or use the private message function.
I posted the thread because the majority of people here are not the average man on the street. I am looking to find someone, not necessarily the whole membership, to discuss what one doesn’t ordinarily see, the obscure, because most average people don’t have these types of discussions. I’m not here to pursue wisdom, enlightenment, or perfection in a do or die serious fashion, but to attempt to understand that which is unexplainable with assistance from those who would not look at you as if you were crazy. And yes, a guy at work commented that the nature of this web site was a bit bizarre, and he is one of the most open-minded people up there.
The website is only bizarre when looked at from the outside. It seems to be about misogynistic self-absorbed nerdiness. It actually has nothing to do with being a nerd, being self-absorbed and hating women. It has to do with figuring out all your questions, no matter how deep. It confronts you. If this is bizarre, then bizarre must be the sanest thing in the world...because ignoring these things is just nuts. Walking through your life without figuring out the answers you have and never taking a look at yourself just doesn't make any sense.

You say you don't care about enlightenment or the path. I don't see why that's a problem. You have questions. You wonder about things. A spark has been ignited in you, and perhaps soon it will become a raging fire. The way I see it, it isn't up to you whether you start wanting enlightenment or not. Nature decides everything, and if it's "in the stars" then it will happen. I believe that being around people makes you more like them. The more you're around this website, the more you'll become the things it's about. That's why I say it's good for you to be here.
From what I’ve read in the Tao in the past, the serious pursuit of wisdom, by itself, cannot achieve enlightenment unless combined wholeheartedly with compassion. So for you to call Sapius and Scott “boy scouts” is mocking the essence of what enlightenment is about.
Don't assume things. If you haven't achieved enlightenment, then you don't know what can or can't achieve it. Reading something doesn't qualify as understanding.
I read something a while back that I pulled up: True compassion knows no rules. Compassion can drive one into hell itself for the sake of others. Does compassion then drive one to be unwise? Of course not, for wisdom, too, is not subservient to rules. A person of compassion and wisdom is a truly free person, who will not hesitate to act against traditions, conventions, and laws if his wisdom and compassion tell him to. Even though he is filled with joy of life, the true sage guided by compassion and wisdom has higher priorities than happiness, obeying the law and mere survival.
When you hold onto compassion, then hatred is there. When you hold onto wisdom, then ignorance is there. Enlightenment is about not holding onto anything, and then naturally there is true compassion and true wisdom.

Know that I'm not a sage, Passthrough. I'm just a person who is trying to reach enlightenment.
Who is more enlightened:
One who lives the truth but hides in the fog; or,
One who hides the truth and lives in the fog?
The one who has no delusion in their mind.
A longer story: ...But, what if the worst player picks you? What do you do?
This really just depends on whether you want to progress, or help others progress. But this isn't anything like Sapius or myself talking to you here.
- Scott
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Sue,
The above is once again a call for sympathy. Because of this, I recommend this thread be moved to Worldly matters. Then those who feed off of dead carcasses can have their fill.
I agree it should be moved to Worldly matters. But I disagree that me conversing with Passthrough is "feeding off of a dead carcass". I consider it more like bringing life to a dead carcass.
- Scott
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

PT,
Focus here for now. And don’t interpret every sentence, paragraph or chapter as you go along. Read it once to the end, and then reread it.
---------
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Because of this, I recommend this thread be moved to Worldly matters.
As it pleases you.
If you're going to be ego-filled/self-absorbed/damsel in distress, then it'd be best if you didn't do it on the Genius Forum.
Sarcasm, Scott, but no matter.
Focus here for now. And don’t interpret every sentence, paragraph or chapter as you go along. Read it once to the end, and then reread it.
Sapius, I will. Thank you and you know why. Bye~
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Sapius, I will. Thank you and you know why. Bye~
PY, no need to thank, I’m not doing anything for anyone “else”, but as courtesy to “myself”, I have to respectfully reply, Bye for now.

Absorb that book with an open mind, which is not hard to do if you keep any of your preconceived ideas of God aside, say even for the sake of re-understanding what the word God may actually mean.

In fact, I think it might be time for me to say Good Bye to this home of ten years too, since I see that what I say kind of disturbs quite a few who according to me should actually not be disturbed, and interpret my presence as some sort of self-promotion of some kind, or self “satisfaction”.

Talk about ‘human dynamics’, the topic of this thread, which I think you could only restart once you have read that book and understood your “self”. Good luck, and all the best.

Those who think I’m “talking” to a Passthrough, think again. What can I really say… to them?
---------