Do the QRS have a superiority complex?

Post questions or suggestions here.
xerox

Post by xerox »

Last edited by xerox on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Quinn

Re: Do the QRS have a superiority complex?

Post by David Quinn »

Just bumping this up for Victor's benefit.

-
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

But I don't think that Q, R, and and S are superior at much of anything.
This is a bit much, in my view. QRS-bashing is fashionable and I've certainly engaged in my fair share. But compared to "the average person," any of these guys are light-years more logical and rational. I don't see any point in downplaying that.

Superiority, in terms of intellect, is a measurable, demonstrable issue of fact. QRS and numerous others here have it, regardless of their views. As you pointed out in your other thread, it doesn't guarantee that all of their views are coherent. But the raw processing power is most definitely present in superior amounts.

What that particular form superiority means in general, as applied to daily life, is another matter. I would suggest that it means relatively little. In fact, from the perspective of our society, superior intellect can be closer to a handicap when it is combined with certain unconventional views.
I live in a tub.
Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

Yeah, I was giving them too little credit. They definitely have brainpower pretty high above the average. And I even agree with a lot of their values and some of their beliefs, though certainly not all.
Unicorns up in your butt!