Who is the Smartest Person on this Forum?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Monster Cock

Who is the Smartest Person on this Forum?

Post by Monster Cock »

I would like to know who is the smartest person at Genius Forums. If you have an answer, then let me know who it is. I will not give credit just because someone posted a lot of posts. This thread is to tell me who is the smartest and why. You can also tell me who is the dumbest, but you cannot put me into it because I am the judge, so I will determine who is the dumbest and who is the smartest. I have already nominated Thomas as the dumbest poster. So far, I haven't been able to find even one smart person here, but if you think I am overlooking someone, then just let me know. I will look forward to any answers you may have. If no one has any ideas, then I will declare myself the smartest, and Thomas will win for being the dumbest.
Dan Rowden

Re: Who is the Smartest Person on this Forum?

Post by Dan Rowden »

His name is spelled "Tomas". And whilst this is the "non-philosophical" forum there's a limit to the level of stupidity I'm prepared to tolerate here.
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

What, can't he even spell his own name right? Also Dan, by moving that other thread, you have only succeeded in having two links to it, one in each forum.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

It's quite obvious by his behavior MC believes he's the smartest and feels some proud in outsmarting and outwitting 'geniuses'. This belief also makes him the dumbest so both awards go to the judge himself, per definition really.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

MC,
I agree with Dan here: Tomas is the smartest person here. It took me years to figure out what the hell he was saying. Idiots simply cannot relate to the words of the wise, but once a person can figure out how to relate to the wise, he can figure out how to relate to anyone. No wonder Buddha said there was more merit in understanding 4 lines of his poetry than there was in giving him all the gemstones in the universe.

Second place would go to some wild combination of DavidQ, Dan, Sue, and Leyla. Although any one, two, or three of them could disagree with me without causing me to shed a single bead of sweat, if I managed to find a way to get all four of these philosophers to disagree with me on some topic, I would be worried that I had just lost my mind.
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

Trevor, just because you are psychotic and "Tomas" is shell-shocked, doesn't mean that there is anything more than some sort of bizarre psychological link between the two of you. Call it supreme intelligence if you must; I'd just call it a twisted personality.

Diebert, Thank you for agreeing with me that I am the smartest person on this forum. I will respectfully disagree that I am also the dumbest.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Motherfucker:
You have absolutely no understanding of mental illness whatsoever. Shut your trap, and keep it shut until you learn humility.
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

Well, tell me what I am missing. The way you talk, it sounds like you think you are Buddha, not just some moron who is into it because it's popular. Isn't Buddha that fat guy who sat with his legs crossed and looked like he was taking a shit all the time?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Well, tell me what I am missing.
You are missing an interest in truth. For instance, in insulting philosophers with mental illness, you may as well be insulting Gulag survivors. I see no humour in it.
The way you talk, it sounds like you think you are Buddha, not just some moron who is into it because it's popular.
I would much rather be a Buddha than a copy-cat. The respect I have for Buddha is solely due to the fact that I recognize he was a better philosopher than me, not because I need his guidance.
Isn't Buddha that fat guy who sat with his legs crossed and looked like he was taking a shit all the time?
You are confusing two characters in Eastern mythology. There is "The Fat Buddha" who definitely never lived (he is like Santa Claus), and "Siddhartha Gautama", the prince who gave up all his worldly possessions to try to find a solution to suffering. He looks entirely different than "The Fat Buddha", is likely to have lived at some point in history (1000+ BC), developed a religion that later pacified the Mongol hordes, and is the person most people refer to when they refer to the Buddha.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:
Well, tell me what I am missing.
You are missing an interest in truth. For instance, in insulting philosophers with mental illness, you may as well be insulting Gulag survivors. I see no humour in it.
Trev, you're trying to train a lion and yet you offer up your arm for him to eat. There is a distinction between people who do and don't want to reason that will save your breath. Don't feed a dog at the dinner table and it will go away.

The way you talk, it sounds like you think you are Buddha, not just some moron who is into it because it's popular.
Well, I think GF is a community Trev can feel part of, not to say he doesn't have noble intentions, but his is sheer # of posts is testament to a probable addiction here. I agree, he sometimes comes across as someone who believes they are an authority figure among others, and whether he means to or not, and think this somewhat blinds him to a bigger picture. Personally I think Trev should take a break from the computer, follow the 7 points I outlined in the homeopathy thread, and take a vacation. But this is easy for me to say and is of course up to Trev himself. After all, what do I know?

It's just about time for an internet break myself. :)
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

skipair,
Trev, you're trying to train a lion and yet you offer up your arm for him to eat.
I'm training humans, though. Humans rarely bite, even when you give them the most delicious treats.

For example, try handing a friend a couple grand out of the blue for the first reason you can think of, and watch it be rejected.
Well, I think GF is a community Trev can feel part of, not to say he doesn't have noble intentions, but his is sheer # of posts is testament to a probable addiction here.
It's a testament to the number of years I've spent in philosophy forums. I've had breaks from Genius Forum, the longest being nearly 2 years, and the most recent hiatus being somewhere in the range of four months of inactivity about 2 or 3 months ago.

I return to GF because it's the best philosophy forum I've ever come across.
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

Oh okay, so that short book "Siddhartha" is supposed to be about the Buddha? Well, you learn something new every day. Personally, I prefer the fat Buddha precisely because he is like Santa Claus, and I don't need to think of any little indian boys running around as anything special. Also, skipair, which one am I, a lion or a dog?
skipair

Post by skipair »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:skipair,
Trev, you're trying to train a lion and yet you offer up your arm for him to eat.
I'm training humans, though. Humans rarely bite, even when you give them the most delicious treats.
But this human has no intention of reasoning, so your words become his weapons.

S: Well, I think GF is a community Trev can feel part of, not to say he doesn't have noble intentions, but his is sheer # of posts is testament to a probable addiction here.

T: It's a testament to the number of years I've spent in philosophy forums. I've had breaks from Genius Forum, the longest being nearly 2 years, and the most recent hiatus being somewhere in the range of four months of inactivity about 2 or 3 months ago.

"I've had many breaks from heroin, the longest break being nearly 2 years, and the most recent being a few months. I return to heroin because its the best high that I've come across."
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Trevor wrote:
Skipair wrote:It's a testament to the number of years I've spent in philosophy forums. I've had breaks from Genius Forum, the longest being nearly 2 years, and the most recent hiatus being somewhere in the range of four months of inactivity about 2 or 3 months ago.

"I've had many breaks from heroin, the longest break being nearly 2 years, and the most recent being a few months. I return to heroin because its the best high that I've come across."
Doesn't that make you a heroin user as well, Skipair? A bit of a double-standard mentality you seem to be peddling...
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

skipair,
My words are my weapons, too. I guess it would be fair to arm him similarly... if he's stupid enough to listen to my words he'll be forced to reason.
There is a difference between drug use and philosophy. If you honestly need me to get into the details, you are probably correct: you do need a break. Give yourself some time to relax and enjoy the wisdom that you've come developed here.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Cory wrote:Doesn't that make you a heroin user as well, Skipair?
Yes, and from one user to another, we should probably stop.
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:skipair,
My words are my weapons, too. I guess it would be fair to arm him similarly... if he's stupid enough to listen to my words he'll be forced to reason.
Well, best of luck. I've said my peace on the matter.

S: "I've had many breaks from heroin, the longest break being nearly 2 years, and the most recent being a few months. I return to heroin because its the best high that I've come across."

T: There is a difference between drug use and philosophy.
Agreed, but I don't really see you, or most people, doing much philosophy here. I see people induldging in a need of theirs to have discussion with other people. The guise they use to hide this addiction is "its about truth and logic", but if any of the regular posters here were actually serious about it, they would spend more time with themselves, less time in books, and certainly less time talking about it all. I don't see philosophy, I see emotional venting, from you in particular oddly enough. It is not my intent here to disrespect you, and it is even more a lesson I'm teaching myself than anything.

This will be my last post for a while, maybe forever. But before I go I want to make it clear to all the regular posters here that I know I'm not any better, but deep down I do know when I'm bullshitting myself. Do you?
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

"Oh okay, so that short book "Siddhartha" is supposed to be about the Buddha?"

Actually it is not about the Buddha at all. The Buddha is peripheral to the story. It is a lovely tale about a man, an individual, learning to deal with life, to be in life, to come to terms with what his life means, and to learn how to die. It is not an escape from life or an alternative to life, it is not an absolutist head-trip with rules and regulations and 'evil women' here and 'wise men' there. Siddhartha, like most of Hesse's work, is a work of art more than anything, but also like most of Hesse's work it is a book dealing with ideas. In Siddhartha, the Buddha's way is the Buddha's way and Siddhartha's way is Siddhartha's. The message I think is quite relevant, perhaps especially in this forum, with all this odd, and suspect, attraction toward absolutes.

Skipair,

The only reason I participate in this and other forum is to discuss ideas, and to see what other people are thinking. I have no lofty goal before me, I am not seeking anything in particular and I am not trying to avoid anything in particular. Personally, I think philosophy is...just a way toward the bigger and more interesting question of how you (we) are actually living life, in this mere second that we are alive here.
Ni ange, ni bête
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

skipair,
Agreed, but I don't really see you, or most people, doing much philosophy here. I see people induldging in a need of theirs to have discussion with other people.
You need to work out what philosophy is before you make a claim such as this.
The guise they use to hide this addiction is "its about truth and logic", but if any of the regular posters here were actually serious about it, they would spend more time with themselves, less time in books, and certainly less time talking about it all.
This series of claims is, as far as I can tell, complete bullshit. You have said: people are not serious about philosophy, they do not spend time by themselves, they spend a great deal of time with books, and they spend time talking about all the things they do. On top of this, you claimed that people here do not deal with truth or logic, but only mention these words in passing.

The evidence for each and every one of these claims is lacking. Perhaps you could start by focusing on a single one of these claims, so as to show me the method by which you proved these all to yourself.
I don't see philosophy, I see emotional venting, from you in particular oddly enough.
Pardon? I am not emotional when I speak. I goad people into thinking for themselves with techniques I adapted from Victor Danilchenko, the Insult Philosopher. I know how to affect another person's emotions so that they speak carelessly.

The fact of the matter is, you are projecting your own emotions onto my writing. So do others, and I know about this prior to typing; for a recent example, see my exchange with Monster Cock. He performed simultaneous fallacies of hasty generalization and ad hominem when he tried to attack both me and Tomas, after I implied that this whole thread was showing great idiocy on his part. The corrective to his fallacies was a harsh, no-holds-barred warning. He immediately changed tactics.

If I whined about the fallacies he was using, there would have been no effect. I've seen that approach fail enough times to know never to use it.
It is not my intent here to disrespect you, and it is even more a lesson I'm teaching myself than anything.
No, you are learning from me and others here. Don't delude yourself, and show some humility.
This will be my last post for a while, maybe forever.
I've heard this enough times that I never take it seriously. Next time you return, use your real name.
But before I go I want to make it clear to all the regular posters here that I know I'm not any better, but deep down I do know when I'm bullshitting myself. Do you?
The door hits you in the ass on the way out: you are the only one bullshitting. As arrogant as he was being, even Monster Cock was being courageous in his honesty, and that is respectable. On the contrary, I recognize your bullshitting for what it is, and do not find it acceptable.

Don't weaken your own idiocy by pretending that others are being the same kinds of idiots as you.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Monster Cock wrote:The way you talk, it sounds like you think you are Buddha,
Trevor is Buddha. Unfortunately, so are you.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Troll Buddha. An especially virulent form.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

smartest: Dan : )

dumbest: Monster : (
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

'Smartest' doesn't always equate with 'intelligent', but with cunning and trickery...A genius is in a realm of his own, and is often neither smart nor intelligent, but merely 'turned on' having insight into some particular aspect of the universe...Given the weight of arrogance, conventional wisdom, meanness and bourgeois etiquette manafest at this forum, no genius has yet arrived. As for Monster Cock, he's just a medocre, shit stirring pedofile, while Dan' s philosophical regurgitations offer no new perspectives whatsoever...Monster Cock should realize that viginas are meant for fucking not looking at...
z
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

That's an interesting point to ponder. I tend to associate kindness and civilness with intellect and especially genius because these are people who are so enlightened and involved in analysing a certain aspect of the universe that they simply are not interested in crime/rudeness/evil. And what makes them so special is that they are involved in aspects that are supposed to be beneficial to mankind as well as to themselves ( it interests them, keeps them out of jail, etc. ). An evil person can also be a genius, but this person ultimately means little to mankind as he or she will just F everything up so that it can be built up again. This of course stimulates creativity as new structures and social systems are given a chance to pop up, but its origin was harmful and violated logic, stimulated guilt and caused future disruptions of a vicous cycle. Evil is easy, and being good is just so much tougher, which is also why I associate it with intellectual achievement. Who can not crush a man's skull? But who can grow gardens within it, meticulously and creatively, so that it may pick the fruits that grow there and watch the sun rise over it, so that bare feet can dance in the grey soil of the skull, and the seeds of love can blow through the heavens to explode every other head with the branches of culture, the roots of vitality? Anyway, William James Sidis is still my Number One genius of all time, and an example of a nice human being. I regard his parents, who tossed their son into the limelight so that it could blind and scar him, as the main reason for his downfall. They, I am sorry to say, where on an ambitious quest to promote psychology and learning skills, to the point where ironically they diminished one of the greatest examples it could have produced. He was not just a genius, he was a CHILD, a HUMAN BEING, who was thrown at the mercy of the masses, and he died as a Christ figure, a socialist who only wanted the best for everyone. People can mock him, his soul is eternal and now untouchable by the grimy beaks of the vultures of time.

To love the Philosopher

Fresh, sharp, green,
grass growing through
two moist rolling eye balls,
with little roots that
stretch to and feed upon the grey soil
lodged by a skull casing,
pressing the little roots tighter
and tighter and further and further
into the nothingness of everythingness,
all access to nothingness, infinite roots,,,
and I pressed my pale skin like dough,
and spread in onto your bones of nothingness
and baked it in the sun
and saw it golden brown
and called it you,
and I hug you but you are cold,
the green grass in your eyes tickles but
stabs like the points of sharp knives,
stupid, harsh, ancient little pieces of grass,
staring out at me from cold water,
icy white glaciers rolled into little balls,
I rolled them,
and watch them feed on nothingness,
on ideas of eternity
Philosopher,,,
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

Trevor, are you playing Dungeons and Dragons again? Am I the evil sorcerer whom you have manipulated into casting a deadly spell upon myself, thus allowing you to increase your wisdom and magic points? In this situation, I must admit, you have utterly destroyed my hitpoints down to zero. I am destroyed.

zarathustra, Am I a pedophile just because I have had sex with girls under the age of 18? And yes, I still prefer young and tight pussy. That's just my preference, but I would fuck a milf if she was really hot still. I haven't ever done so, but you never know what could happen on down the road. Just the other day I saw a hot forty-something at the airport, but prior to that I hadn't known they existed. Maybe I am getting older, so I like a broader range of women.

About that book Siddhartha, I read about 10 pages on the shitter once. It wasn't that thrilling. I don't read very much anymore, so maybe that makes me a genius. Also, I agree with the other point someone made about genius being someone who is highly skilled in a very specific branch of something. Just because you scored high on a test doesn't really qualify as much as it should be something practical where you are a genius.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Monster Cock,
Trevor, are you playing Dungeons and Dragons again? Am I the evil sorcerer whom you have manipulated into casting a deadly spell upon myself, thus allowing you to increase your wisdom and magic points? In this situation, I must admit, you have utterly destroyed my hitpoints down to zero. I am destroyed.
No, you are a certain type of fool that, despite all his attempts at humour, fails to amuse me. I would like to say that your failure to be a fool makes you wise, but this is not the case. You are still extremely foolish. You're just not funny.

I'd stick to trying to tell true from false; maybe after a few years of practise people will laugh at your cynicism, since you have utterly failed to impress with sarcasm.