Taking notes

Post questions or suggestions here.
Boyan

Taking notes

Post by Boyan »

When reading a work, Nietzsche's work for example, it seems to me i should write down somewhere the main concepts and argumentation behind them, so I can revisit them when i wish.

This would suit me especially when I don't have the work in my personal library.

Do you take notes? If so, where do you keep them? One big book for all the works' notes maybe?
Mirage

Re: Taking notes

Post by Mirage »

How about using "post its" and/or a highlighter?
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

Well I am aware of individuals who make a point of hiding things in their underwear. And then take them out of there in public again. So if they are really precious notes...
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Boyan wrote:When reading a work, Nietzsche's work for example, it seems to me i should write down somewhere the main concepts and argumentation behind them, so I can revisit them when i wish.
He that writeth in blood and in proverbs desireth not to be read, but to be learned by heart. - Nietzsche
DHodges

I'll take an A flat, Alex

Post by DHodges »

Matt Gregory wrote:He that writeth in blood and in proverbs desireth not to be read, but to be learned by heart. - Nietzsche
Excellent point. Taking notes is good if you are reading for a class, or are writing a paper about philosophy. If you are reading it for real, allowing it to be a part of who you are and what you do, doing philosophy, then there is no need for notes.