Flash? Friends/Foes?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Kelly Jones

Flash? Friends/Foes?

Post by Kelly Jones »

Just some housekeeping:

Is Flash a necessary option?

I don't see any reason for keeping the friends/foes categories. Can it please be removed?

-
Dan Rowden

Re: Flash? Friends/Foes?

Post by Dan Rowden »

I don't even know what this means!
Katy

Post by Katy »

Kelly Jones wrote: I don't see any reason for keeping the friends/foes categories. Can it please be removed?
-

If you don't see a reason for it, how about you just don't use it.
The foes category I find to be one of the best things about the new system. The friends I haven't figured out. I marked a couple people as friend to try to see if it did anything. So far I haven't seen any changes at all in their posts or PMs.
-Katy
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

To be clearer: when composing a forum post, there is an array of BBCode tag options. One of them is "Flash".

The friends/foes option is a way of organising how phpbb renders a forum for a particular viewer.

It's unnecessary to mark friends or foes, because if some member is really a nuisance as to be a foe, it is because they're not interested in the forum's goals and should be banned; if valued as a friend, then it is because they contribute to same goals, in which case one doesn't need the crude egotistical support of having their posts stand out in pretty colours.

One who is annoyed by people talking nonsense, is both attracted and repulsed by that nonsense. It's best to abandon love of it, and practise abandoning it while experiencing that nonsense, instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

-
carmen

Post by carmen »

Can I get a job in animation in the United States with a Latin American Bachelor degree? Ive been told that in the animation industry whats important is your portfolio and not your diploma, any chance for me?
Last edited by carmen on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

How should any of us know?
mystex

Post by mystex »

B-b-but I thought you know everything, Dan!

*SHOCKED*

(Ban my IP)