Nonsense Threads

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)
Dan Rowden

Nonsense Threads

Post by Dan Rowden »

Hello everyone,

I have decided to adopt a somewhat tyrannical attitude towards threads I regard as vapid and worthless. They will be deleted by me at my discretion. Worldly Matters is a forum for material other than the specific subject of Genius Forum, but it is not intended to be a dumping ground for banality.

My judgements will be personal and arbitrary. I'm afraid you'll have to live with that.
Carl G

Re: Nonsense Threads

Post by Carl G »

Whew, finally. I thought the reign of insanity here would never end.
Good Citizen Carl
Monster Cock

Post by Monster Cock »

Have you now instituted the new "Monster Cock Rule"? I must admit that I am flattered you have seen fit to make a new rule simply so that you can justify deleting one of my threads. Perhaps you should make a new forum simply for me to blog about the "banalities" of everyday life. You can call it, "Monster Cock Highlights" or "Huge Penis Ravaging Tight Young Girls."
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Great. Now this thread will probably be deleted.
Good Citizen Carl
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Dan, does "really funny" over-rule "vapid and worthless"?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

MC: it took both of us working in tandem (but, surprisingly enough, not homoerotically) to get that thread deleted.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

DHodges wrote:Dan, does "really funny" over-rule "vapid and worthless"?
It could do, but Monster Cock is about as funny as a heart attack.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

If Dan had a heart attack, that would be pretty funny.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

If Dan had a heart attack, that would be pretty funny.
Not to mention impossible, save his alternator stops functioning properly. But that can be easily replaced, and the viscous ichor that pumps its way into every cavity to maintain his core temperature can resume its proper flow.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

No, I just think it would be funny.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Yes, hilarious. Especially if it causes him to be severely handicapped for the rest of his life. I love when other people suffer.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

For the record, dick-duo are both on their first and only official troll warning.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

My friend, Monster Cock, told me that he has been "permanently banned." I don't believe that qualifies as a warning, but I will tell him he can come back, seeing as how you are only warning him. I'll let him know that he will be reinstated asap.

Also, I would like it noted for the record that we both feel as if we are being censored, and we won't stand for it!
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Censored for making fun of cripples for needing medication. It's in the same class as making fun of women for sucking at philosophy, convicts for being in prison, meteors for obeying the laws of gravity, starving children for needing food, and blind men for not being able to see. If you'd like to discuss the merit of such humour, I'm sure Dan is all ears.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

Are you calling yourself a cripple? I never said that, but I haven't really read any of your long-winded accounts of your psychiatric evaluations. Does your mental health somehow transform you into a cripple?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

For the love of....

Okay, mental illnesses are diseases that are incredibly difficult to treat, primarily because so little is known about them. My attacks on psychiatry are aimed at prejudice toward the labels that not even psychiatrists are immune to, mishandling of the illnesses by conventional medicine, and popular misconceptions about the capabilities of those striken with any such illness (it has nothing to do with, for instance, your ability to be good at philosophy).

I am currently receiving $1050 per month, plus free medicine (my medication costs over $300/month) through the Albertan government through a plan called "Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped" (AISH). Now, I'm lucky that I "merely" suffer from what is known as bipolar disorder. Other people on AISH include the blind, quadrapelegics, the terminally ill, and the severely retarded. No psychiatrist, doctor, therapist, homeopath, or bureaucrat has so much as batted an eye when I expressed regret over what I feel is stealing money from the government. They universally assure me that I actually do need this money, and it would be practically impossible for me to hold steady employment.

Leonardo da Vinci had bipolar disorder. So does Robin Williams. Such men are incredibly lucky, and are the exception.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

so wait, are you saying you're a cripple or not? Isn't that a simple question even for a mental patient to handle?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

What's your feeling about niggers? Do you think they should all go back to their country of Africa?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

pen15 wrote:My friend, Monster Cock, told me that he has been "permanently banned." I don't believe that qualifies as a warning, but I will tell him he can come back, seeing as how you are only warning him. I'll let him know that he will be reinstated asap.
Ah, yes, I forgot I gave him time to cool his heels. No-one really gets "permanently" banned from GF. But sometimes those who engage in trolling behaviour need to go away and think about it a while.
Also, I would like it noted for the record that we both feel as if we are being censored, and we won't stand for it!
Trollish behaviour needs to be censored. There's a difference between free speech and deliberately disruptive and stupid behaviour. It's not complicated - show the board a modicum of respect or go elsewhere. That seems like a reasonable enough standard to me. I don't want potentially interesting new users coming here and finding the place laced with idiocy masquerading as wit and freedom of speech.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Please don't feed the trolls, Trevor.
pen15

Post by pen15 »

Okay, that's fine. I will try to be less disruptive than I have been, but I can't promise I am happy about it. Maybe I will hack into your system and delete all the messages on your server just to get even.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

pen15 wrote:Okay, that's fine. I will try to be less disruptive than I have been, but I can't promise I am happy about it. Maybe I will hack into your system and delete all the messages on your server just to get even.
Hahaha. I didn't really expect you to be happy, but I have to set a standard of behavour conducive to the purpose of the board, otherwise it's a pretty pointless exercise.

Oh, and I suppose you know that hack threat would mean automatic banning on 99.999999999999999999% of boards.
1ntel

Post by 1ntel »

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
ChochemV2

Post by ChochemV2 »

And 99% of hack threats are BS. The best he could probably do is pull together a few idiots for a DoS but directly hack the server which hosts this site? I doubt it.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I know, which is why I'm not taking it seriously. Canadians have a wicked sense of humour, obviously.