The World of Woman - Rich Zubaty & Sue Hindmarsh

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)
Pye

Re: The World of Woman - Rich Zubaty & Sue Hindmarsh

Post by Pye »

David earlier in the thread wrote "Good post" to xerox; Elizabeth writes:
I thought that Pye's response to skip was a sufficient rebuttal, reinforced by her direct rebuttal to xerox - but I suppose there are a few points that I can add.
You'll want to be careful about assumptions such as this, Elizabeth. If not commenting ("skipping") a post is "sufficient rebuttal" then I have no idea how this game is played. Nor does non-comment imply full agreement. Please note as well that my "direct rebuttal" to xerox regarding nurturing/providing was not "direct rebuttal" to the entire original post, but further questions on this one point.

skipair writes:
No young woman grows up with the majestic dream of driving to a fertility clinic to buy the seed of her future baby . . . And the only way she could fail [relational matters] is if she's psychologically damaged . . . etc.
Children grow up with all sorts of "majestic dreams" for their adult lives that do not end up matching reality. I imagine any 'psychological damage" to come in the form of his or her inability to adjust to the reality of things. What difference does it make whether a woman has had a "traumatic relationship history" before making decisions such as these? These are the same things that become deep reasons for men to bag certain aspects of life in practice, too.

Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Pye wrote:David earlier in the thread wrote "Good post" to xerox; Elizabeth writes:
I thought that Pye's response to skip was a sufficient rebuttal, reinforced by her direct rebuttal to xerox - but I suppose there are a few points that I can add.
You'll want to be careful about assumptions such as this, Elizabeth. If not commenting ("skipping") a post is "sufficient rebuttal" then I have no idea how this game is played.
Wow, did you misread my post. I guess that with you around, "skip" is not an adequate shortening of "skipair." Would you prefer skippy?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

xerox wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:If it were, wisdom would need something that was capable of doing these things - and we have already established that wisdom does not need anything.
l dont understand this.
If wisdom were the doing of wise things, wisdom would require a doer.
xerox wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
xerox wrote:Sloughing off all the nonsense is the process by which we come to bask in our already complete natures. Seamlessly.
Indeed - who are we?
Simple... no thing. There is no you, no me, no we, no man, no woman, no nothing. There is only every thing and NO thing.
So if we are no thing, then who is the we that is basking in our already complete natures? It sounds to me like you are saying that no thing is complete. In that case, you are agreeing with me that in order for anything to be completely complete, it must be the Totality, which is every thing.
xerox wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
xerox wrote:The un-truth of melding one consciousness with another. This will, at worst, destroy your consciousness. At the very least, much unnecessary energy will be expended in its defence.
Defend what? Defend completeness? From what? How could we be complete if we are not everything that was, is, and ever will be?
Defend the redundant, the indefensible, the non-existent, namley... you, me, we and all that redunant non-sense.
so how can your consciousness be destroyed if it is non-existent to begin with?
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth,
I say you underestimate the potential of sages.
From what I’ve read and experienced, the animal physiology cannot be transcended totally, and the right environmental conditions can easily reactivate it.
If that is your belief, then you missed my point. There are some things that men are better suited for, and some things that women are better suited for. A wise man would realize that there is a need for some people of the female gender. He would want all minds optimized - male or female. He may decide that there should be more male children born than female ones - but that happens naturally anyway. No wise person would ever do away with all of either gender out of some perception of inferiority.
Elizabeth, what I meant was that if an enlightened man found himself in a situation, where having children with an intellectual women was an option, he would choose a male over a female given the latest technology, based on the overwhelming evidence there is that the probability women have to be sages compared to men is much lower. It’s just a numbers game, that’s all.

But given the small percentage of enlightened men there are, and the even smaller percentages of reproduction opportunities they have with intellectual women, I don’t think there is a need for concern.

Genetic engineering will probably prove to be a more efficient method to correct the problems with both genders anyhow.
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pye

Post by Pye »

Elizabeth writes:
Wow, did you misread my post. I guess that with you around, "skip" is not an adequate shortening of "skipair." Would you prefer skippy?
oh. This I misread, sorry.
nevertheless . . . you interpreted for yourself. That's all I felt bound to address.

David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

One of the perennial problems of people using pseudonyms, or at least pseudonyms which don't use capital letters and resemble ordinary words.

-
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Genetic engineering will probably prove to be a more efficient method to correct the problems with both genders anyhow.
Only if the engineers know what they're doing. Just because you can turn on a car and hit the gas doesn't mean you know how to drive. If either gender is seen as having "problems" with their genetics, they may run into a building.
eliasforum.org/digests.html
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Divine Focus wrote:
Only if the engineers know what they're doing. Just because you can turn on a car and hit the gas doesn't mean you know how to drive. If either gender is seen as having "problems" with their genetics, they may run into a building.
I’m sure all sorts of blunders will be made. Every technology is abused; it is only as good as the people using it.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Ryan Rudolph wrote: I’m sure all sorts of blunders will be made. Every technology is abused; it is only as good as the people using it.
That's to a certain point only. If the technology in question is for example the creation of sizable black holes, one should really stop thinking in terms of trial and error, blundering and people's intentions. At that point perhaps certain roads should not be taken at all until absolute containment of experiments including the information how to perform them can be guaranteed. Perhaps this is already the case - how would we know?

With genetics a similar 'event horizon' might be in sight.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Pye wrote:Diebert, yes, notions of masculinity as the individuating force that rises up out of the indistinguishing miasma of dark femininity - these stand as perfect metaphors for the original condition of paternity/identity that lead men to think this way;
It doesn't lead just men to think this way. It leads thoughts to become thought in any form at all. Any perfect metaphor stands way above the miasma of sense after all, in true value fashion.
Freud, being one of patriarchy's best mouthpieces, could think and say no differently than he does. After all, he was particularly prone to the patriarchal business of getting all up in the sexual behavior of women, in addition to creating normative theory that makes anything of women beyond regular and willing genital sex in monogamous heterosexual marriage some sort of aberration.
Considering the times he might have given the best advice possible from a therapeutic point of view, directly addressing the levels of anxiety and neurosis he uncovered. Should he have encouraged the women to leave sex and marriage behind? That might not have relieved her anxiety in the least. Any other realistic concept of the liberated woman becomes dangerously close to masculinizing her.

Of course Freud had no idea how the two world wars and the following nuclear fears would provide enough abuse that would leave most of humanity highly neurotic - leaving the door open to the age of Woman.
paternity/identity and its mushroomed plummage. Very many things to understand lay there.
It would be interesting to see this more fleshed out like how you see identity and paternity related to power and consciousness. Why not write an article on it if there are so many things to understand? Exposition of the paternal mind.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Definitive explanation of the difference between the sexes:
HOW MEN AND WOMEN SHOWER DIFFERENTLY . . .

How To Shower Like a Woman

Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks. Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas. Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc. Get in the shower. Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone. Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins. Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean. Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner. Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red. Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash. Rinse conditioner off hair. Shave armpits and legs. Turn off shower. Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mold spots with Tilex. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small country. Wrap hair in super absorbent towel. Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

How To Shower Like a Man

Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile. Walk naked to the bathroom. If you see wife along the way, shake wiener at her making the 'woo-woo' sound. Look at your manly physique in the mirror. Admire the size of your wiener and scratch your butt. Get in the shower. Wash your face. Wash your armpits. Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off. Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower. Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area. Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap. Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk. Pee. Rinse off and get out of shower. Partially dry off. Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time. Admire wiener size in mirror again. Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake wiener at her and make the 'woo-woo' sound again. Throw wet towel on bed.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

I have downloaded this excellent episode many times, however after 77:53 the mp3 is finished. It cuts out in mid-sentence, and after looking at the transcript I am confident that this is an incomplete episode. Can anyone post a link to a proper mp3 or a fixed linki?

Thanks in advance.
Laird

Post by Laird »

Here is a link to the actual mp3. I recommend using a download manager that supports resuming - e.g. on Windows one that pops into my mind is GetRight (that's not necessarily a recommendation, just the first one that popped into my mind). The host that the guys are using seems to be flaky - I had a lot of problems downloading podcasts when I was on dial-up.

Oh, and once you've got it all: don't forget to laugh. This is comedy after all.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

That's exactly what it is - comedy. The question is, where does the comedy reside?

I'm not sure why you are not getting the full show, Bryan. I've just downloaded it again and had no problem. Maybe you do need a download manager, as Laird says. Mozilla Firefox has its own download manager and works well.

-
Laird

Post by Laird »

David Quinn wrote:Mozilla Firefox has its own download manager and works well.
As far as I'm aware though it doesn't support resuming, so I wouldn't recommend that one.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I think you generalize too much, over-simplify and get some stuff totally wrong.

The brain is highly plastic and pretty much the same from men to women. It's also very similar in bonobos and chimps, they are smart creatures. Corvids (ravens/crows) are also highly intelligent creatures.

Structural change in the brain can occur through practiced behavior. Brain activation patterns can change with experience.

The base brain differences are rather insignificant, the culture is the bulk of the influence.

The feminist movement however is total bunk. It never was about equality. "Women's rights is human rights". Ok, then call it "human rights" and call them "Human Abuse Shelters" and "Parent's Aid" and so on....
Animus

Post by Animus »

I did a rather large post to this last night, but I guess I lost it.

I wanted to point out that family violence statistics in Canada are very different from the US or Australia. Canada reports 7% of women and 6% of men are the victims of family violence. Women are more likely than men to use weapons in 11 categories. Men are more likely to use fists in a fit of rage. Ontario Works provides social assistence to members of "prescribed classes of people" which in my personal experience excludes white-males.

Controlled testing of female mathematics demonstrates women's ability to perform above male average when primed with a particular statement, when primed with "women are poor at math" they perform poorly.

The original post was much more involved outlining Beecher, Klein and Klein, Rosenthal and the rest of the history of the development of the experimental methodology of psychology. More recent experiments implimenting full control methodology (double-blind) has produced rather equivelant results in men and women on standardized testing.

Perhaps you guys will consider looking into this dichotomy. I would be more inclined to accept "rationality" and "emotional reactivity" over "masculine and feminine" even though there may be a statistical average of a statistical average of statistical averages that makes the "masculine/feminine" cognitive faculty dichotomy remotely applicable. But I feel it is far too removed from truth to be an efficient or respectful platform of discussion
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

Women don't have the right to vote because they don't go to war? Okkkkk.....neither do lots of people but if they live in the country they have the right to vote in my opinion.

Husbands become redundant after the wife has a baby? Okkkkk...maybe said wife is buy looking after and breastfeeding said baby. Maybe if wife does not "put out" for awhile after having given birth to such baby, the husband needs to either learn the fine art of masturbation or think about why he is in the marriage.

Rich is a bitter man.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

No kidding.
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

rofl Dan

I seem to remember it was you who agreed to a hubby being redundant....in fact I can't remember you rebuking Rich's comments much at all.

"It's a cold mich nicht tonicht" *wink*
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Rebuking people like him in a discussion leads only to silence and/or a cessation of discussion -or useless confrontation. The listener hardly needs me to be their guardian.
Karius

Post by Karius »

what is proposed here ?

I mean we say men are like this women are like that......and that there is an issue regarding male-female dynamic.

What is the conclusion of all this ?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

The conclusion is you stop trying to find your self identity and self worth through subjugation and domination, which is likely what has defined most of your life. Men and women (if they exist with average to above levels of polarization) are so different that the only way they can coexist is though rituals, hard work, and often psychological violence.

Perhaps a pair of "gender floaters" would have an easier go at it, but in any matter that involves seduction (rather than truth), the ground is shifting sands, moved by hidden tides.