The mind of Elizabeth Isabelle

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)

The mind of Elizabeth Isabelle

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 am

Last night this forum's very own Elizabeth Isabelle, who goes under the name "wannabealot" on EZboard, posted five threads at Steel Woods containing very graphic photos of eviscerated and rotting dogs, vomit, and diseased or rotting human body parts. Here are the threads:

[WARNING: Links to threads with very graphic photos follow.]

Dog pictures
foot fetish
Need a hand?
Lunch
Very Sticky Buns

She has been banned from SW for trolling, of course, but the question I wonder about is this: What might motivate somebody to do something of this sort?
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Carl G » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:47 am

Anger?

And, no thanks, I have no interest in the pics.
Good Citizen Carl
User avatar
Carl G
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: Arizona

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 am

Carl G wrote:Anger?

Maybe so.

And, no thanks, I have no interest in the pics.

I doubt that most would. I linked them to provide "documentation" for anyone interested in checking out the truth of what I said.
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:02 am

Philosophaster wrote:I doubt that most would. I linked them to provide "documentation" for anyone interested in checking out the truth of what I said.



I don't have much to add here except to strongly reccomend that no one check those links. I made the mistake of clicking on one of them and it was disgusting.


But I don't really think anger explains it. At least not fully. I've gotten angry at a lot of people, and not intentionally tried to harm them or begun to follow them around the internet doing such things.
Last edited by Katy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Katy
User avatar
Katy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Georgia

Re: The mind of Elizabeth Isabelle

Postby Elizabeth Isabelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:46 am

Philosophaster wrote:What might motivate somebody to do something of this sort?


Funny you should ask that right after deleting the thread in which I explained all that.

How about ongoing attackes including flat-out lies that kept going on no matter how long I ignored it? Ignoring them didn't help, trying to correct them with truth and logic didn't help - in fact FP decided to officially suspend all rules of civility in one thread and declare a free-for-all against me just because their members demonstrated they were unable to hold a civilized debate. Of course there was a rule that if I didn't post futher, the attacks were supposed to stop - so I didn't, but the lies got bigger and bigger.

And what was the official response to uncalled-for attacks, lies, illogic, and broken rules? The official response was "sticky buns" and other such nonsense words. You act like I'm supposed to be perfectly fine with people making up all kinds of stuff about me, telling me that not only does nobody over there like me or want me around, but also that everyone over here goes over to FP chat to make fun of me - and Katy even claims to have gotten spontaneous email from 5 GF members just to ridicule me behind my back while pretending to think I have a brain while positng on the forum. Considering that there are not that many frequent posters on GF, she's pretty much claiming that the majority of GF is in conspiricy with her. Bullshit - I believe that people here are willing to say stuff to a person's face.

You and your crew does not understand when spoken to logically - do you understand the picture review of the situation by posting ugliness and referring to it as "sticky buns" or do gross pictres mean more to you than how you treat actual people?
.
User avatar
Elizabeth Isabelle
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 am

Re: The mind of Elizabeth Isabelle

Postby Katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:54 am

If you're going to post accusations, back it up. What supposed lies?
-Katy
User avatar
Katy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Elizabeth Isabelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:59 am

That might work in most situations, but why would I want to post lies about myself? It's enough that others are trying to smear me, I don't need to republicize it.

Besides - I did post the lie about 5 people being in conspiracy with you.
.
User avatar
Elizabeth Isabelle
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 am

Postby Katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:03 am

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:That might work in most situations, but why would I want to post lies about myself?
.


Nice avoidance technique.
But since you've already stated they're lies, it doesn't hold any water.

Elizabeth claims that I am lying about everything I say because of a mental disorder despite the fact that she has no proof I'm lying at all, and the mental disorder in question doesn't have anything to do with lying.


And you have this weird paranoid thing about "conspiracy" - which I never said. I said it's human nature to talk about people, and no one is exempt from that.
-Katy
User avatar
Katy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Elizabeth Isabelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:05 am

Philo asked a question, and I answered it sufficiently.
.
User avatar
Elizabeth Isabelle
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 am

Postby Katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:07 am

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Philo asked a question, and I answered it sufficiently.
.


you answered it with more lies.
And, really you failed to answer it. What is it that made you snap? Lies being told (which you fail to demonstrate in any way)? You told plenty about me, and I didn't attack you until I was attacked. I also didn't write threatening or insulting PMs to you.

You're failing to go beyond the superficial. Why is it that Elizabeth snapped and went way beyond appropriate or acceptable behavior where others would have ignored it or laughed? What is it about Elizabeth that makes her think this is an appropriate response to anything? Why was Elizabeth continuing to read a thread at a board she doesn't go to? In order to upset herself? To feel persecuted?

You claim to want wisdom, but in order to find it you have to look beyond the superficial. Spend some time to actually think about your reasons for doing things, and patterns of behavior.
-Katy
User avatar
Katy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Elizabeth Isabelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 am

This forum is not interested in Philo's girly attempt to start drama over here, and your thinly veiled attempt at trying to make it look philosophical is not going to work either.
User avatar
Elizabeth Isabelle
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 am

Re: The mind of Elizabeth Isabelle

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:31 am

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Funny you should ask that right after deleting the thread in which I explained all that.

This is what you posted in that thread, which has been moved, not deleted:

What's she [Cloudy] going to do? Lock me out so I can't talk to my "friends" anymore? It has already been established that I don't have any of those. Run a thread specifically for attacking me while throwing truth and logic out the window, and the justice of it is repeatedly "sticky buns" or some other such nonsense? Oh yeah, that's already been done. I know, she could show up on GF and start posting random attacks there, too - oh wait, done and done. Hey, maybe she could get some of her buddies to attack me too - and if I defend myself, she can accuse me of persecuting them! Oh yeah, she already did that, too - not that Rory wouldn't have done that on her own anyway... a person can't put that much effort into being two-faced without a personal interest in doing so.

Well, ignoring the nonsense didn't make it go away. Reason didn't work either. Since I'm hated anyway, I might as well demonstrate what these attitudes boil down to.

And you "demonstrated" this, I gather, by posting pictures of rotting flesh, vomit, and a diseased anus. Okey doke. :-)

Of course there was a rule that if I didn't post futher, the attacks were supposed to stop - so I didn't, but the lies got bigger and bigger.

You had participated in the thread through February 16th, which is in fact the same day most of the "attacks" were posted. I suppose that those who attacked you that day ought to have read your mind and thus known that you had "exited" the thread, correct?

And what was the official response to uncalled-for attacks, lies, illogic, and broken rules?

To confine those things to a single thread and allow anyone to vent who wanted to vent.

You and your crew does not understand when spoken to logically - do you understand the picture review of the situation by posting ugliness and referring to it as "sticky buns" or do gross pictres mean more to you than how you treat actual people?

I don't recall insulting you, attacking you, or "posting ugliness" about you. I did post some facts to kick this thread off, of course.
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:33 am

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:This forum is not interested in Philo's girly attempt to start drama over here, and your thinly veiled attempt at trying to make it look philosophical is not going to work either.

I thought that at least a few might be interested in your highly rational and considerate contributions to SW.
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Shahrazad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:26 am

Philo,

A person can only take so much bullshit. I've read enough of Elizabeth's posts to know that she has substance and depth. But being attacked by 3 or 4 vicious posters at the same time can make a person act out of character. Believe me, I know because it happened to me, in the same forum and with the same people. There's only one wise way to deal with people like the ones perpetrating these attacks: staying as far away from them as possible.

Since I'm in a truthful mood right now, I'll just come out and say what I feel. I have always liked you Philo, and I think you know that. But you have some very vicious women in your forum, and they can attack others with total impunity at FP, while anyone attacking them will get warned or banned. Who would want to post there?

Back to Elizabeth. It isn't true that she's a troublemaker, and it isn't true that she is hated by all over here. I like her and appreciate her insight. And she doesn't have problems with all females, because she has never had problems with me.

When I first met her, she posted something I kind of took personally. Instead of hating her or telling all my friends what a bad person she was, what I did was confront her about it. I gave her a chance to explain her actions, and it got all cleared up very quickly.

Had I not made the wise decision of leaving FP forever, right now I'd be the target of the vicious attacks and not Liz. In a way, Liz filled the vacuum produced at FP when I left. Poor Liz.

Man, am I glad I don't post or lurk there any more!

IMVHP Philo, what you are guilty of here, if that word can be used on you at all, is failing to control a situation from the beginning. You should have nipped it in the bud. People viciously ganging up on a single poster is just not acceptable behavior.

I'm pretty sure the situation would have not been allowed to escalate at this forum.
User avatar
Shahrazad
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm

Postby Cory Duchesne » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:29 am

Philo and Katy,

Although Elizabeth I'm sure is going through some exceptional emotional stress, and although I'm sure that, in a sense, she is her own worst enemy, I don't think her recent behavior indicates that she is as 'sensationally out of her mind' as you are making her out to be. And if she is, then I believe that makes this thread even more unwarranted. I don't believe in treating mentally ill people this way, by disgracing and humilating them so calculatedly. But I'm not ready to conclude Elizabeth is as sensationally insane as you might want to make her out to be.

I think her logic (however riddled with pain) was:

The attitude of her x-friends at FP and SW are the equivilant to the ugliest images she could possibly find.

It was just her way of trying to telling you how she felt about you. She wanted to insult you the best she could. Why was she doing that? Likely, because she felt intolerably insulted and apparently needed some way of retaliating, along with a means of feeling the justice that we are all probably biologically wired to crave. I personally don't believe in free will, and so I can't help but have a bit of empathy for people who indulge in some exceptionally counterproductive and self-harming behavior, as Elizabeth has apparently done. I believe the motives behind the maker of this thread and the events leading up to it are appalling and should disgrace more than just Elizabeth, but also Philo, Katy, and god knows who else over at FP and SW. Although Elizabeth can get on my nerves over here, and although I personally, and others can be a bit harsh with her, we don't ever have her ever indulging in such behavior as she reportedly has done over in SW. For the most part she's not that bad.

But over in your camp, her behavior is a bit different apparently. But maybe that says something about you? By trying to throw onto Elizabeth feelings of disgrace and humilation with attitudes and threads like the one over in FP and ones such as this, you are disgracing and humilating yourself, IMO. Don't get me wrong, Elizabeth's postings of pictures is not the sort of behavior I value or believe are justfied, but I also don't value the attitude that went into this thread, or the attitudes comprising the events that lead up to it over in FP - whatever they were. What happened, happened. When a person suffers greatly, or when ones mind is very disturbed and frightened, the result can be very emotional, angry, and sometimes disgusting for those who have it a bit softer. My point is that Elizabeth is not in control. In fact, no one is. So if you understand my point, then maybe you will start living your life with a bit more empathy, honesty and responsibility. Give the girl a break, and leave her alone.

You may have a problem with her over in your neck of the woods, but over here, she's not so bad that we need to start a thread about her, or ban her.
User avatar
Cory Duchesne
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Canada

Postby Unidian » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 am

That's all well and fine, but as long as the mentally ill are going to be running rampant through our electronic living rooms, we have a problem. I agree with you 100% that ideally, Elizabeth should be viewed as an object of compassion. Her behavior is clearly the result of a tortured mind. However, that does not mean we need to indulge such behavior, and frankly, I think it would be irresponsible of us to do so.

In my opinion, this situation should be ended at once with the removal of Elizabeth from the communities at which she is experiencing this conflict. That would be best for all concerned.

And for the record, she should also get out of this den of bizarre religious lunatics on the double if she has any interest in regaining her composure and sanity. Her discovery of this place has been her complete downfall - one only needs to examine her web site for evidence of that.
I live in a tub.
User avatar
Unidian
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:00 pm

Postby Katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 am

Cory Duchesne wrote:You may have a problem with her over in your neck of the woods, but over here, she's not so bad that we need to start a thread about her, or ban her.


Yes, but this has nothing to do with us. It has to do with the fact that her post accusing you of idolizing QRS is pure projection. She wouldn't want them to think less of her so she pretends to be all perfect here. Though I must wonder... what would happen to her if they all died in a car crash?

At any rate, Nat is right that we should have compassion towards the mentally ill. And that that includes Elizabeth. However, that doesn't give her an open door policy to attack me with impugnity, nor to attack my friends and their board. Eventually, we all run out of patience.
-Katy
User avatar
Katy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Cory Duchesne » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 am

Unidian wrote:That's all well and fine, but as long as the mentally ill are going to be running rampant through our electronic living rooms, we have a problem.


No, not we. You and your closer associates have a problem with Elizabeth. I personally don't. I can't speak for anyone else of course, but I think you'll find most people who appreciate GF share my view.

I agree with you 100% that ideally, Elizabeth should be viewed as an object of compassion. Her behavior is clearly the result of a tortured mind. However, that does not mean we need to indulge such behavior, and frankly, I think it would be irresponsible of us to do so.


Then don't indulge in it. Delete her posts, ban her from your sites, and wipe your hands clean. It will be for her own good that she gets away from the mostly nonesense and hypocrisy that goes on over at your sites.

But instead, Philo and Katy, because they are unconscious of their addiction to the malice and drama, unwittingly try to get other people smoking the drugs - all the while congratulating themselves for being noble and just. It's a disgrace.

In my opinion, this situation should be ended at once with the removal of Elizabeth from the communities at which she is experiencing this conflict. That would be best for all concerned.


It has very little to do with what goes on over here. You have hardly any business bringing your conflicts over onto this board. But that is basically what you are doing. Spreading your disease.

And for the record, she should also get out of this den of bizarre religious lunatics on the double if she has any interest in regaining her composure and sanity. Her discovery of this place has been her complete downfall - one only needs to examine her web site for evidence of that.


I believe she has seen the truth about the hypocrisy and spinelessness of the attitudes at FP and SW, and she sees the straight-fowardness of the people over here.

She is sandwiched in between two opposing realities, she's caught in the middle, she hasnt had the strength to be confident in a side yet, and so yes, that's hard on a persons sanity.
User avatar
Cory Duchesne
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Canada

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 am

Cory Duchesne wrote:But instead, Philo and Katy, because they are unconscious of their addiction to the malice and drama, unwittingly try to get other people smoking the drugs - all the while congratulating themselves for being noble and just. It's a disgrace.

Nah, I just wanted to let people here know about Elizabeth's wise, worthwhile, and rational contributions to other boards.
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Cory Duchesne » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 am

Katy,

Cory: You may have a problem with her over in your neck of the woods, but over here, she's not so bad that we need to start a thread about her, or ban her.

Katy: Yes, but this has nothing to do with us.


What?

If by 'us' you mean you, Philo, Nat, etc, well, then yes, I think banning Elizabeth from SW and FP, and starting this thread has everything to do with you.

It has to do with the fact that her post accusing you of idolizing QRS is pure projection.


How does it? I don't care if Elizabeth loses her cool on me. I've lost my cool on her a few times too. We've gotten on each others nerves many times. But that has nothing to do with the fact that I think lowly of the motives behind this thread and some of the attitudes over at FP and SW in general.


She wouldn't want them to think less of her so she pretends to be all perfect here.


That's your problem, not mine.

At any rate, Nat is right that we should have compassion towards the mentally ill. And that that includes Elizabeth. However, that doesn't give her an open door policy to attack me with impugnity, nor to attack my friends and their board. Eventually, we all run out of patience.


Keep the conflicts and emotional issues of FP and SW over at FP and SW. We don't want your disease.
User avatar
Cory Duchesne
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trevor Salyzyn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 am

Philosophaster, you hypocrite. I thought puppy dog pictures were acceptable?

I believe Elizabeth has a far better understanding of what "sticky buns" means than the people who apparently were using it on her. There should be no more emotional reaction to these pictures than there is to any other picture, since I mean sticky buns doesn't really mean much of anything....



Elizabeth, I have never said anything behind your back to Katy. I have, however, described you behind you back to others as someone with a good memory, who unfortunately lacks subtlety. I stick by it; if anything, the behaviour you displayed is evidence of this.
User avatar
Trevor Salyzyn
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 am

Cory Duchesne wrote:But that has nothing to do with the fact that I think lowly of the motives behind this thread and some of the attitudes over at FP and SW in general.

Elizabeth made some rational and highly intelligent contributions to SW and I just wanted to share them and see what you guys thought.
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Postby Cory Duchesne » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:23 am

Philosophaster wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:But instead, Philo and Katy, because they are unconscious of their addiction to the malice and drama, unwittingly try to get other people smoking the drugs - all the while congratulating themselves for being noble and just. It's a disgrace.


Nah, I just wanted to let people here know about Elizabeth's wise, worthwhile, and rational contributions to other boards.


Yes, those wise, worthwhile and rational other boards.

Perhaps the shoddiness of those other boards is partly responsible for the shoddy behavior of the member?

In other words, as Diogenes once said: "Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves?"
User avatar
Cory Duchesne
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Canada

Postby Cory Duchesne » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 am

Philosophaster wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:But that has nothing to do with the fact that I think lowly of the motives behind this thread and some of the attitudes over at FP and SW in general.

Elizabeth made some rational and highly intelligent contributions to SW and I just wanted to share them and see what you guys thought.


Well, I think that your forums, FP and SW are not rational and highly intelligent. I think that they value the sorts of conditions that create the sort of problems you are having.
User avatar
Cory Duchesne
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Canada

Postby Philosophaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:30 am

Cory Duchesne wrote:Well, I think that your forums, FP and SW are not rational and highly intelligent. I think that they value the sorts of conditions that create the sort of problems you are having.

I see. Well, at one time you posted on FP, Cory. How were you treated?

Also, Aaron Mathis, another poster from GF, recently made a good post in FP's science forum. How would you say he is being treated?
User avatar
Philosophaster
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 am

Next

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest