SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOUR XMAS SHOPPING SPREE:

Post questions or suggestions here.
Jason

Re: SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOUR XMAS SHOPPING SPREE:

Post by Jason »

Man you've been muted in your recent posts to this thread. A smiley emoticon after I called you an "irrationally defensive moron"? What have you done with the real Victor? Perhaps I'm cutting too close to the bone. Oh well, whatever, there's obviously no progress being made here with you.

What's the background in your new avatar meant to be? I imagine it to be representing the flames of hell - you've always, appropriately, looked two horns away from the stereotypical devil image; all arched dark eyebrows, goatee, moustache and narrowed evil eyes.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Jason wrote:Man you've been muted in your recent posts to this thread.
There is obviously no point to the thread now. I said what I had to say, did my monthly dose of the 'good samaritan' schtick, you don't want it, that's that. The rest is bickering. Eat cake.
A smiley emoticon after I called you an "irrationally defensive moron"?
Yup. i find this amusing. You are trying way too hard, positively straining with effort.

Hmmm. You seem to have really thought that would get to me. I was hoping you were better than that.
What have you done with the real Victor? Perhaps I'm cutting too close to the bone. Oh well, whatever, there's obviously no progress being made here with you.
Oh, there is indeed no progress being made.
What's the background in your new avatar meant to be?
it's a really cool pic of the solar surface (I used the second photo from that link). The fire stuff is solar plasma.
I imagine it to be representing the flames of hell - you've always, appropriately, looked two horns away from the stereotypical devil image; all arched dark eyebrows, goatee, moustache and narrowed evil eyes.
I work hard to cultivate that image. I keep a pitchfork next to my desk, to keep the kids in line. I am glad someone noticed.
Forethought Venus Wednesday
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

I imagine it to be representing the flames of hell - you've always, appropriately, looked two horns away from the stereotypical devil image; all arched dark eyebrows, goatee, moustache and narrowed evil eyes.
No, no, no, Jason. It's a definite sign of Victor's messiah complex. At some point, he found the Catholic depiction of Christ with bright, circular halo unconsciously meaningful.
Between Suicides
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Unconsciously? Silly girl, I created the halo on purpose, to tease certain people. It's a semi-private joke -- those who know me, get it.

Man, you are truly dumb...
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

A joke, as in creating a tense expectation that's transformed into nothing upon further realization (after Kant). But with that in mind much of what Victor semi-seriously posts here is a joke as well. The expectation is willfully created there's insight, knowledge and actual understanding but it all evaporates rather quickly!

And lets not forget Victor does really pose as a radiating guru. Otherwise he won't be repeatedly making strong declarations on the topic of after-life, where real freedom lies, what the common cause of people's psychological struggle is and so on. The difference with most other people on the forum is that Victor actually denies acting out that role. There lies the basic dishonesty exposed and not so much in him being right or wrong on the topics themselves, as sometimes he does nail one.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

OK, you got me. I am a radiating guru. <rolls eyes>

Dude, you are missing the point -- the difference between knowing and teaching. I am after the former, not the latter.