A compilation of the best bits of Genius Forum, organized thematically

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
visheshdewan050193

A compilation of the best bits of Genius Forum, organized thematically

Post by visheshdewan050193 »

A distilled compilation of what I found to be the most interesting dialogues regarding the cultivation of genius over the course of 20 or so years in this forum. Feel free to download from the link and have a read.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Maximiliano Vignaga

Re: A compilation of the best bits of Genius Forum, organized thematically

Post by Maximiliano Vignaga »

That is very useful. Very much appreciated, thank you.

Have you suffered yet for the truth? How's it been going?
visheshdewan050193

Re: A compilation of the best bits of Genius Forum, organized thematically

Post by visheshdewan050193 »

Maximiliano Vignaga wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 pm Have you suffered yet for the truth? How's it been going?
Glad it can be of help. I've had my fair share of suffering for sure, but I'd say I've been luckier than most (check out the Trump thread in Worldly Affairs to get a better read on me). I've managed to keep a conventional life so far, actively participating in normal daily life, and managed to refine and mature my philosophical thinking to a degree while doing so, and managing significant alterations to my daily life precipitated by the stress of doing both (which have involved two episodes of an altering of consciousness that sort of resembled a state of mushin that tipped over into partial psychosis).

I think I have a decent foundation for now (I'm just turning 27 in January). But it's rapidly approaching a point when I have to treat the Infinite as a do-or-die proposition, and decide whether to embark on a non conventional path that would help make it easier to pursue wisdom for those interested while being mired in conventional life. It is an invigorating prospect, and I think I'm beginning to understand what Hakuin meant by accumulating great balls of faith, doubt and tenacity of purpose.

I'll be meeting David during Christmas to talk about and better clarify certain issues, so I'll see what the new year brings.