The world of greed, lies and deception

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Bradley West

The world of greed, lies and deception

Post by Bradley West »

IS BUDDHISM THE ‘WORD OF SIDDHARTHA’?

The world of greed, lies, and deception by Paul Hess

The world driven by greed can have no ethics
It has to be based on lies and deception
Hence the truth is anathema to such a world.
Religions lie to their followers
Politicians to their voters and businesses to their customers
So much so, survival without lies seem virtually impossible
And to think we have created such a world is frightening
If you are truthful and honest, you are a ‘fool’ they say
And out of fear, we dare not speak or publish the truth
So, it is lies, lies and more lies
And the ‘Word of Siddhartha’ is sadly lost to a world of religions
Much to the delight of their ‘holy men’ who lie for their survival
Promising a tomorrow full of hope
Knowing very well, tomorrow never comes
And here we are, like the deer chasing the mirage in the desert
Running after hope, hoping for hope where there is no hope
No wonder they say ignorance is bliss
How else can we maintain sanity in this world of insanity?

A man unable to pay his debts and constantly harassed by his creditors
stuck the following notice on his front door probably inspired by religions.

‘I WILL WITHOUT FAIL SETTLE ALL MY DEBTS TOMORROW’

‘All believers are potential customers of the elixir of religions’
jufa

Re: The world of greed, lies and deception

Post by jufa »

What's that you say?

Our assumptions, stemming from what we've digested from others, read, and been taught is based upon blind faith. And whatsoever we do in passing said teaching upon paper and by voice, makes us no different than those who lie irrespective of the motive.

In the sanctity where I go an kneel before the altar of Christ, my hope of glory, I discovered when not given by the Oath of Confirmation to a messenger to proclaim, all assumptions passed into the space of another individuals understanding is in vain, and keeps one spinning as a top. One is never given a chance to slow down the bombardment of hearsay information, and therefore can never view the glimpse of discernment passing before their view.

There is no difference in what a man believes and what he knows. Beliefs stem from what one is aware of, and one can only live from within the house one has furnished and go in and out of according to their established laws of entrance. It makes no difference whether one is aware of hearsay, theory, fact, or fragmented knowledge. In the every day experience of ones living, one experience a change of what they believed upon presentation more meaningful than that they retain. So beliefs and knowledge can be altered by ones expansion or regression.

Knowledge is different from belief and knowing. I am not speaking of knowledge learned from books and other human sources, I speak of experience knowledge which is intimate awareness. Anything which is not intimately caressing the walls of ones soul harmoniously, and vibrating from The Thunder Of Silence's rhythm, is human hearsay.

Christ is the very core of thoughts, reasoning and logic. Christ does not differentiate, does not bound, nor enslave, nor curtail our expansion or essence of conscious awareness. And whatever one is seeking, that which is sought is only found when one touch The Hem of His Garment, and is aware of the Grace of God flowing from That Secret Place, to their secret place of the most high God within them, or that "body thou has prepared me."

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Our interpretation of knowing and believing are different. While I might believe I know God and Satan are opposing metaphysical entities (to use your example from another thread), when I awaken to spirit wisdom, I come to know (experientially/directly/intimately) that that the dualism of God AND Satan is not true. For me, knowing is of the Christ or the Buddha, not of human reasoning.
Bradley West

Post by Bradley West »

Language as a medium of expression is totally ineffective in this world of concepts. It cannot convey one’s inner experience the Dhamma the source of ‘Chitta’ a process beyond space and time. In such a world, teachers, preachers, books, Buddhas, gods, Christ, etc. have no relevance. However, it is useful to express one’s thoughts in the hope of sharing knowledge and wisdom as long as he knows no one is right and no one is wrong for we are all in the same boat.
The Dhamma is unique to every one of us, hence it is said: “A one who knows doesn’t teach and one who teaches doesn’t know”.