The great gulf

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

The great gulf

Post by jufa »

This post was mistakenly place in the topic "Self always create the problems for self." I have depleted it and posted it as a new topic.

A bit of advice given to a young Native American at the time of his initiation:
'As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm.
Jump.
It is not as wide as you think.'" – Joseph Campbell

To my understanding this advise should be on the minds of all people, whether the a great gulf will be seen or not, or thought impossible or possible to jump, for all people are going through some kind of initiation on their level of consciousness. The grit of the above statement to me bath in "It is not as wide as you think - think being the fundamental principle."

In all my living, I have never seen anyone achieve The Spirit of Faith which blankets the Seven known Spirit attributes man posses. And so, in this lack of achievement, a divide of different beliefs stand before us as a great gulf.

Why? Because of his fear of stepping beyond of precipice of the xerox creation. And because man's human mind has told him he cannot cross the great gulf and go through the mind to get beyond the mind.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

http://courseinconsciousness.org/images ... 0chasm.gif
Pam Seeback

Re: The great gulf

Post by Pam Seeback »

You are right jufa, the great gulf of beliefs is there because we think it is there. In truth, which we discover in the silence of the reasoned self is that there is no gulf or divide between us. People lose faith in the truth they find in the silence of the reasoned self and return to its speculative ways because the absolute self or I that speaks and acts of truth only that is revealed in the silence of thinking has been hidden from conscious experience all of one's life.

So it is a matter of being dedicated to the realized truth that reasoning/thinking produces the false self and that one no longer desires to be identified with falseness. And of this dedication to truth only, one does eventually feel at home in the absolute self of "it is so."