fluid theory

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
the discourse

fluid theory

Post by the discourse »

I have been watching modern tv and with these new slowmo HD cameras I have been seeing drag race cars on TV, bend and flex. I began thinking about a simulation called "Rigs and Rods" and I said to myself, do metals behave as chains of rods? I said no, thinking back on Archer's Paradox, I believe metals actually function as a fluid and form wave motions.

Thus it is my hypothesis that all matter in the universe is a fluid and it is only our consciousness which creates the appearance of rigid bodies. Our conscious "frame rate" creates a powerful illusion that rigid bodies exist, when in fact all is fluid. I am wondering if this hypothesis is contradicted by scientific equations or validated.

Furthermore, as a metaphor, mathematics and equations are a sort of "cheat code" in order to bypass reality altogether, it is kind of like a "shortcut" path that goes the opposite way and eventually creates a sort of duplicate mirror world a hollow mannequin of sorts. Mathematics is essentially a metaphor of reality when reality may be an incalculably vast fluid.

In metaphor, the human brain and consciousness can be likened to an order or clockwork surrounded by a storm of ever present fluids at the helm (death), we are the one structured, rigid entity surrounded by fluids and so we liken the world outside us to what's in us, rigid bodies and gear clockwork.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: fluid theory

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

the discourse wrote:... it is only our consciousness which creates the appearance of rigid bodies. Our conscious "frame rate" creates a powerful illusion that rigid bodies exist, when in fact all is fluid. I am wondering if this hypothesis is contradicted by scientific equations or validated.
Scientists are generally not that concerned about how something appears to ordinary consciousness. There are a few models which look at all material as fluid, even the universe like with luminiferous aether now re-emerging as e.g. a quantum vacuum or "pilot wave" theories. When talking to physicists some do admit that they look somewhat "double" at reality and are also aware that daily consciousness is a lot like looking at shadows on the cave wall, perceiving bodies or materials. But do realize that this has been a very practical way to deal with the world, each other and the exchange of things.

I agree that rigid bodies and gear clockworks are first and foremost mental constructs. They are like methodologies to handle what is being thrown at us. Simply stopping to do so tends to decrease our capacity. Any organism which does not abstract its environment doesn't seem to live long enough to pass genes or ideas on. To radically alter human perception of world and bodies, the brain needs to be trained, probably in some virtual environment. Mind altering states like drugs are in the end too random, too unguided to train a brain in such a way that it doesn't collapse into fantasy or decay. Although philosophy can become a path.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

the discourse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:09 am I have been watching modern tv and with these new slowmo HD cameras I have been seeing drag race cars on TV, bend and flex. I began thinking about a simulation called "Rigs and Rods" and I said to myself, do metals behave as chains of rods? I said no, thinking back on Archer's Paradox, I believe metals actually function as a fluid and form wave motions.
Yes. If you have a rod that is sufficiently long, could you transmit information faster than the speed of light by virtue of the rigidity of the rod? Of course not.
Thus it is my hypothesis that all matter in the universe is a fluid and it is only our consciousness which creates the appearance of rigid bodies.
That seems correct. There is no such thing as rigid, but degrees of fluidity.
Furthermore, as a metaphor, mathematics and equations are a sort of "cheat code" in order to bypass reality altogether, it is kind of like a "shortcut" path that goes the opposite way and eventually creates a sort of duplicate mirror world a hollow mannequin of sorts. Mathematics is essentially a metaphor of reality when reality may be an incalculably vast fluid.
Math cheats. Math is a construct we invented.
so we liken the world outside us to what's in us, rigid bodies and gear clockwork.
Keep in mind that we are the outside world. The distinction between inside and out is completely arbitrary.
the discourse

Post by the discourse »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 pm
the discourse wrote:... it is only our consciousness which creates the appearance of rigid bodies. Our conscious "frame rate" creates a powerful illusion that rigid bodies exist, when in fact all is fluid. I am wondering if this hypothesis is contradicted by scientific equations or validated.
Scientists are generally not that concerned about how something appears to ordinary consciousness. There are a few models which look at all material as fluid, even the universe like with luminiferous aether now re-emerging as e.g. a quantum vacuum or "pilot wave" theories. When talking to physicists some do admit that they look somewhat "double" at reality and are also aware that daily consciousness is a lot like looking at shadows on the cave wall, perceiving bodies or materials. But do realize that this has been a very practical way to deal with the world, each other and the exchange of things.

I agree that rigid bodies and gear clockworks are first and foremost mental constructs. They are like methodologies to handle what is being thrown at us. Simply stopping to do so tends to decrease our capacity. Any organism which does not abstract its environment doesn't seem to live long enough to pass genes or ideas on. To radically alter human perception of world and bodies, the brain needs to be trained, probably in some virtual environment. Mind altering states like drugs are in the end too random, too unguided to train a brain in such a way that it doesn't collapse into fantasy or decay. Although philosophy can become a path.
I understood everything you said, except for the "double" thing. Please clarify this further. My gut tells me that you meant that physicists have a "practical sight" of reality, and then their "sight in the lab". But I am not sure.
Serendipper wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 pm
the discourse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:09 am I have been watching modern tv and with these new slowmo HD cameras I have been seeing drag race cars on TV, bend and flex. I began thinking about a simulation called "Rigs and Rods" and I said to myself, do metals behave as chains of rods? I said no, thinking back on Archer's Paradox, I believe metals actually function as a fluid and form wave motions.
Yes. If you have a rod that is sufficiently long, could you transmit information faster than the speed of light by virtue of the rigidity of the rod? Of course not.
Thus it is my hypothesis that all matter in the universe is a fluid and it is only our consciousness which creates the appearance of rigid bodies.
That seems correct. There is no such thing as rigid, but degrees of fluidity.
Math cheats. Math is a construct we invented.
so we liken the world outside us to what's in us, rigid bodies and gear clockwork.
Keep in mind that we are the outside world. The distinction between inside and out is completely arbitrary.
I agree with 3/4 of what you said, so C, good job, passing grade here.

Except for statement 4, which is false. The distinction between inside and out is completely not arbitrary. (Although the fact that consciousness is trapped within certain bodies, as opposed to others, does seem arbitrary, however there may be a hidden reason that is unknown to us, that is not arbitrary at all.)

The first person camera is inside bodies, there is a distinction and it is not arbitrary, it is located in the brain. However, why this occurs exactly, is unknown. However, the distinction is not arbitrary. You look at the world through a first person camera. What you see is a photograph, a representation of what the outside world is. It is not arbitrary. There are two options here: Either it exists, or you are inside a virtual reality simulation. If it exists, it will continue to exist whether or not there is anyone there to witness it. If it is only a virtual reality, or "quantum" effect that has no permanence of it's own, then, for the duration of your existence it will exist, and since your body is not arbitrary, but a constant, nothing about it is arbitrary (except the arbitrary part is the random-seeming genes/family background you seem to have been given as an avatar.)