Is political discourse even desired?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
JohnJAu

Re: Is rational or political discourse even desired?

Post by JohnJAu »

Pam Seeback wrote:
Pam Seeback wrote:
Causation and consciousness "are not the very same thing exactly."
John: Yes they are, just not in the sense of the totality.
Pam Seeback wrote:Where is your reasoning that the totality is not the causality?
It is. I was making a distinction similar to how individual consciousness is not the totality-implying word "consciousness" as a general term. One's own consciousness is the very same thing as causality(causality is all that's present in making it up), but it clearly isn't the totality 'causality', it's an obvious and probably unnecessary statement as it lead to this confusion.
In your reasoning of consciousness = causation, consciousness causes unconsciousness, a logical fallacy.
Do you mind explaining what you mean by 'unconsciousness'? I am equating what we refer to as 'consciousness' as a total, with reality, and therefore wouldn't use the word consciousness at all, since it implies a split.
, a distinction or difference is not a split, implying a literal severing of the totality into different parts.
It does when you say consciousness may come to an end while causality continues onward.
You act as if consciousness itself is just another impermanent form or illusion. Not realizing that all known reality falls under the category, and that my earlier statement is indeed true.

Describe one other thing, it's impossible.

But I've made my position on this view clear for years, you are unlikely to change your mind on it. Ultimately it is still irrelevant to that fact that one's karma continues on and one's consciousness continues on, because consciousness does not depend on the body or any enduring forms (enduring forms have never existed, not for a minute, and not from one year to the next, yet your individual experience has continued on, proving consciousness does not depend on anything to endure for its existence. To deny this you would have to deny that there is the ongoing individual experience known as 'consciousness' at all.)
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Time to end this loop-de-loop. My young pup is signaling me that it is time to go to bed. I shall, my friend, heed her simple wisdom.
JohnJAu

Post by JohnJAu »

I had assumed you were Australian for some reason, but I guess the time difference shows otherwise, enjoy just another good old fashioned awakening to the same stream of consciousness :P Goodnight.