"Does the reality of each man being real depend on images

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

"Does the reality of each man being real depend on images

Post by jufa »

which are before him? Or does man's reality depend on the mental images projected by his mind in the state of awareness he bears witness to by making the formed words he project a reality? Those projected formed words which he find within the maze built of all words written, manifesting images of his interpretation of pictures he have attempted to paint over with his colorful definitions?"

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Glostik91

Re: "Does the reality of each man being real depend on image

Post by Glostik91 »

Does reality depend on the mental images projected by one's mind? hm, well that is an interesting question to ask. So this mind which is hypothetically 'projecting' reality, is it not also a part of reality? A projector isn't a part of the film being projected on a screen. So how am I supposed to make sense of this metaphor unless this mind you talk about is also not a part of reality?

Wait, I think I've read this somewhere before. Yea I'm pretty sure you must have plagiarized this from the Library of Babel.
a gutter rat looking at stars
Dan Rowden

Re: "Does the reality of each man being real depend on image

Post by Dan Rowden »

Actually Jufa answered his own question, more or less:
Life does not tolerate anyone who does not give their whole Spirit in every situation, circumstance, condition, and environs which shall come upon them, and which they live within. Man's struggling and suffering proves this out. The 'warrior hero' has come through the maze and realize to give ones whole Spirit, there can be no human spirits of interpretations of man's outer objective visions, and inner subjective feelings which will influence the path of faith leading into the invisible one must take. Why? because God has said I AM a Jealous God, and "thou shalt have no other gods before me."

To have other gods equal to, or influential upon that which is of God is not an illusion, it is an out right lie. And we are told to entertain this lie grieves The Spirit. One must worship God in deed and in truth, and the only way this can occur is to worship God as He is, a SPIRIT. And to worship a SPIRIT, take blind faith. So let us talk of the reality which cannot be comprehended in the terms of the blind faith needed, not to comprehend, but to shut down such theories, and concepts as men have offered up to those in earnest search of "Christ in them, their hope of glory."
https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/group ... ages/21083