Drowning in the animosity of your own element

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Gintaras P.

Drowning in the animosity of your own element

Post by Gintaras P. »

I have come up with this phrase and I am wondering if there is anyone who can makes the sense of it and what would that sense say? And if I rephrase it into: Drowning in the element of your own animosity,- what sense if any it would make then? This phrase rose from the whirlpool of my thoughts while I had certain someone in my mind. With no further explanation here we go! Any answers are appreciated, thanks.
encode_decode

Re: Drowning in the animosity of your own element

Post by encode_decode »

Please keep in mind that the following meanings are copied and pasted from google search. My apologies for that.

drowning - die through submersion in and inhalation of water.
in - expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.
the - used to make a generalized reference to something rather than identifying a particular instance
animosity - strong hostility
of - expressing the relationship between a part and a whole
your - belonging to or associated with any person in general
own - used with a possessive to emphasize that someone or something belongs or relates to the person mentioned
element - an essential or characteristic part of something abstract

So if I start to reason from the chosen sentences above I get the following:

drown - die through submersion

in - surrounded by something else

the - rather than identifying a particular instance

your - belonging to any person in general

own - used with a possessive to emphasize that something belongs or relates to the person mentioned

the last three words indicate that you possess an element(your being the possessive) - for it to make sense the element would have to be given unless you are talking about the self; then I suppose the element may have been given but I am not sure here.

of: becomes the relation

drowning in the animosity - this indicates that death ensues because of the relation you indicated between: animosity and element.

Really I have only expanded the original sentence here and I think there is a "but" to be had.

I think your statement has a more abstract sense like an idiom.

I would imagine you are saying:

Somehow I have failed so therefore I am angry and I want to die.

or

Pieces of me feel like they are disappearing because anger consumes them.

I have to say that it is hard to make sense of so therefore I am not certain this helps.

The rephrase makes a little more sense:

Drowning in the element of your own animosity

in that you are indicating you have an element of animosity.
Gintaras P.

Post by Gintaras P. »

encode_decode wrote:Please keep in mind that the following meanings are copied and pasted from google search. My apologies for that.

drowning - die through submersion in and inhalation of water.
in - expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.
the - used to make a generalized reference to something rather than identifying a particular instance
your - belonging to or associated with any person in general
own - used with a possessive to emphasize that someone or something belongs or relates to the person mentioned

So if I start to reason from the chosen sentences above I get the following:

drown - die through submersion

in - surrounded by something else

the - rather than identifying a particular instance

your - belonging to any person in general

own - used with a possessive to emphasize that something belongs or relates to the person mentioned

the last three words indicate that you possess an element(your being the possessive) - for it to make sense the element would have to be given unless you are talking about the self; then I suppose the element may have been given but I am not sure here.

of: becomes the relation

drowning in the animosity - this indicates that death ensues because of the relation you indicated between: animosity and element.

Really I have only expanded the original sentence here and I think there is a "but" to be had.

I think your statement has a more abstract sense like an idiom.

I would imagine you are saying:

Somehow I have failed so therefore I am angry and I want to die.

or

Pieces of me feel like they are disappearing because anger consumes them.

I have to say that it is hard to make sense of so therefore I am not certain this helps.

The rephrase makes a little more sense:

Drowning in the element of your own animosity

in that you are indicating you have an element of animosity.
Hello encode_decode, firstly, thank you for your reply. This means a lot to me as this was my first post on Genius Forum and I was genuinely seeking sorts of "approval" by racional, intelectual mind to my method of thinking by way of which the "statment" came about. I am glad to say that I do find a resonance in your response with what I felt/thought myself while analysing this statment.
I guess I was hoping someone will nail exactly what I had in mind without considering the chance of that seeing the light of day but you got pretty close. Deconstruction was somewhat a miss from the point but neither did that introduce any objections which is fine. This statment was to describe someones mental current and probably even a way of life, at least for now. Them sentences you used to describe what you imagine I'm trying to say fits perfectly when trying to draw a mental picture of that person but wwe need more of them, drowning in the animosity is no easy feat to lay down in acurate detail. So yes, it is a current mental state of someone. Not pretty one, and I tried to help, succeded a little I think, shown her a way to awekening, and she is already seeking enlightment although without awekening it is hard to achieve, hard by no means even after beeing awekened.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Gintaras P. wrote:I have come up with this phrase and I am wondering if there is anyone who can makes the sense of it and what would that sense say? And if I rephrase it into: Drowning in the element of your own animosity,- what sense if any it would make then? This phrase rose from the whirlpool of my thoughts while I had certain someone in my mind. With no further explanation here we go! Any answers are appreciated, thanks.
Your statement is more ambiguous then anything else. It is asking other to read your thoughts (emphasis mine), and then give you a definitive answer as to what the phase mean in other individuals thoughts parallel to yours.

Without knowing what element of animosity one is dealing with, how can one determine where to begin to address you?

As each word of your phase have been address by another poster, it should be noted their definition are generalized (dictionary given) meaning of relativism, but not from singularity of ones personal thinking. Thus, the explanation given is a smattering event of assumption based not upon anything comparative to the whirlpool of thoughts in your mind. Of course you say this phase is dealing with a mental condition, but what are the elements of animosity which brought (bring) them about?

Please give more details

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Gintaras P.

Post by Gintaras P. »

jufa wrote:
Gintaras P. wrote:I have come up with this phrase and I am wondering if there is anyone who can makes the sense of it and what would that sense say? And if I rephrase it into: Drowning in the element of your own animosity,- what sense if any it would make then? This phrase rose from the whirlpool of my thoughts while I had certain someone in my mind. With no further explanation here we go! Any answers are appreciated, thanks.
Your statement is more ambiguous then anything else. It is asking other to read your thoughts (emphasis mine), and then give you a definitive answer as to what the phase mean in other individuals thoughts parallel to yours.

Without knowing what element of animosity one is dealing with, how can one determine where to begin to address you?

As each word of your phase have been address by another poster, it should be noted their definition are generalized (dictionary given) meaning of relativism, but not from singularity of ones personal thinking. Thus, the explanation given is a smattering event of assumption based not upon anything comparative to the whirlpool of thoughts in your mind. Of course you say this phase is dealing with a mental condition, but what are the elements of animosity which brought (bring) them about?

Please give more details

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
The claim that my statement is more ambiguous than anything else is spot on, it reflects part of my thinking pattern. You see, not to place limitation on my thinking I do not exhaust every detail or aspect or whatever the subject is. That way I feel the deeper level of thought material synthesis can be achieved. I did not ask anyone to guess what I'm on about with my original statement, only for approval one way or another about is legitimacy. It is possible though someone could've done it in the way of reproducing whole picture accurately from only a small part of it. All of our thoughts resonate with multiple influences and there is a way to track them back to the source. A lot of statements I know, I do that and then if someone pulls me up on that I will try to work my brainbox and defend my argument or ride on debate acquiring new knowledge and synthesis. Thank you sir too for your input.