Quantum Leaps of Acquiring Knowledge

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Galadriel

Quantum Leaps of Acquiring Knowledge

Post by Galadriel »

Hi.

What would be the fastest way to acquire as much knowledge [that has been acquired through people, by books, lectures, docu,mentaries, etc] as humanly possible?

Yeah, it's that open of a question - feel liberal; completely, with your opinions.
Russell Parr

Re: Quantum Leaps of Acquiring Knowledge

Post by Russell Parr »

Hi Galadriel.

This forum isn't focused on the quantity of knowledge but the quality of it, based on how grounded one's understanding of reality is, in relation to the goal of spiritual enlightenment. One does not need to read copious amounts of material in order to become genius, only enough to assist in fine tuning one's thoughts and habits. A mind thinly spread across a wide range of knowledge does not make a deep mind.

I suggest going at your own pace. Just remember that what happens in between reading matters more than what you've read.
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel »

Russell, I know quite enough of what this forums [collective conscious] is about. My question; I have expected is clear enough for the learned. If you do not know, ask - I'll pleasantly elucidate.

You may be interpreting my question as a gathering of information. Though I believe the articulation was precise. I'll reinstate - it had been 'knowledge¹'. Not information.

You really do need to ask more; instead of sharing conclusive opinions. How do you know my objective was to 'become genius'? How do you know that I wanted a 'deep mind'?

Questions: What is a 'deep mind'? What do you acquire from in between reading - why does it matter?

¹A qualitative measure I believe.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

Galadriel wrote:Russell, I know quite enough of what this forums [collective conscious] is about. My question; I have expected is clear enough for the learned. If you do not know, ask - I'll pleasantly elucidate.
This forum is not about "collective conscious". If you disagree, please elaborate on what you meant by that.
You may be interpreting my question as a gathering of information. Though I believe the articulation was precise. I'll reinstate - it had been 'knowledge¹'. Not information.

¹A qualitative measure I believe.
Your question was how to acquire as much knowledge as possible. Did you mean instead how can one become enlightened as quickly as possible? If that's the case, this is done by dedicated oneself wholly to it, while cutting out all distractions. Perhaps take on a meditative practice to develop better focus. Reduce or cut out addictions to drugs, entertainment, food, etc. Embrace a solitary lifestyle.
You really do need to ask more; instead of sharing conclusive opinions. How do you know my objective was to 'become genius'? How do you know that I wanted a 'deep mind'?
Note taken, thanks for the suggestion. You're right, I don't know if your objective is to become genius, as it pertains to this forum. But that is what this forum is about, so the discussion will inevitably veer in that direction.
Questions: What is a 'deep mind'? What do you acquire from in between reading - why does it matter?
By deep I mean a profound mind, capable of perceiving reality in its purest form with ease. This can only be done by developing certain mental habits, or rather, getting rid of delusional mental habits. While what you read is indeed important, it will not make much of an impact on you until you determinedly implement what you've learned through and through. This takes a lot more time than it does to acquire the knowledge.
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel »

Looooool. I'm done. I enjoy your enthusiasm and participation - thanks. But you're not helping. Sorry! I'm not going to discuss it further.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Galadriel wrote:What would be the fastest way to acquire as much knowledge [that has been acquired through people, by books, lectures, docu,mentaries, etc] as humanly possible?
Hi G! The answer can be nothing else than hard work and as much honesty and sincere dialogue as you can muster. The reason for that lies in the nature of knowledge: the growth of connections in the mind and between people, ideas and abstracts. Growing things is hard work and it cannot be copied.

But Russell is right, if anything, this forum attempts to deal with a whole other growth, beyond people, books, lectures, good, evil and the gods.

As far as humanly possible.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Galadriel: You may be interpreting my question as a gathering of information. Though I believe the articulation was precise. I'll reinstate - it had been 'knowledge¹'. Not information.
Hi Galadriel, is not knowledge of the subject (you) of primary importance if speaking and 'doing' truth is the desired outcome of one's seeking? My understanding of the goal of this board is that it is wholly dedicated to this one purpose, first to the realization of one's truthful subjective nature and second, the living wholly of this realization of truth-of-self. If you care to share your wisdom of ultimate self/you-identity it might be the catalyst for an interesting discussion.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Galadriel wrote:What would be the fastest way to acquire as much knowledge [that has been acquired through people, by books, lectures, docu,mentaries, etc] as humanly possible?

Yeah, it's that open of a question - feel liberal; completely, with your opinions.
Galadriel wrote:Looooool. I'm done. I enjoy your enthusiasm and participation - thanks. But you're not helping. Sorry! I'm not going to discuss it further.
Feel liberal, but if you say the wrong thing, woe unto you!

Russel, I think you need to learn to read minds so you can regurgitate what people already know as that seems to be what everyone wants to see.

It's as if I ask you to guess a number 1-10 and if you guess right, I'll stay and make you guess some more; but if you guess wrong, I'll imply you're stupid and storm out. You may get lucky once or twice, but the end is inevitable. I can't figure how you've not gone mad by now. Moreover, I'm not quite sure I haven't :p
Gintaras P.

Post by Gintaras P. »

Hi Galadriel. If I may ask, what do you want that gargantuan knowledge for? I mean perhaps it would lend a helping hand to your audience in answering your question. How so? Knowing what your'e after might help to think of the answer you are looking for.