thoughts, ideas and views

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
the discourse

thoughts, ideas and views

Post by the discourse »

Been browsing Menoftheinfinite youtube channel, saw a video about Friends and Ego. Dan Rowden's I think.

I firmly believe society needs to see these videos, because they are vital components to a functioning mind.
These videos taught me not to believe these videos or worship these videos. I do not worship the Menoftheinfinite videos as a fraudguru, and I freely intellectually disobey the videos, however these videos have good content. I respect the videos. And I daresay, I love the videos.

Had I done the videos, according to my own thoughts, ideas and views, I would have done them a little different. But its always easier to correct things in hindsight, it is easier to critic an already made creation, rather than create your own. The pioneer walks through the forest, while the critic sees all the holes in the forest through his or her mountain telescope.

I cheer and I root at many moments and ideas in the video, I myself try to be a spiritual friend, to those around me. I do it at any cost, even if they yell at me, try to drown me out, or threaten me, I teach them, Use logic and reason, but they do not want to use logic and reason, for they are hystericals, the sheep of society.
I recognize that in my own mind, when I go out and about, I have spiritual friends within my own mind, and when I turn on the TV. For instance, when I watch a skit and they mess up the skit, I want to deep down forgive them, and pretend like there is no mistake, but the Demons of Truth do not allow me, they show me the flaws, they show me the errors, no matter the cost. They even hurt me, for example if I put on a bad looking outfit, or make a mistake, they will punish me and warn me endless about it. These are true friends. When I go out at the supermarket, I will see a person and the Demons of Truth will not allow me to not judge them, I plead to the Demons of Truth, let us be happy, not hate, not insult, not judge, but the Demons of Truth will insult and insult, and all of the insults are true about them, I cannot deny the truth of it. For the only way out through a society full of lies and delusion is Truth. Not to sit idly by, nodding your head in submission to constructs made from inferiorly made logic and reason.

However, I disagree with the video also. I believe we must be human. That friends must boost our hearts and souls. Friends must not only insult, and tell the truth, but also hold and love. I believe love and logic and reason are not mutually exclusive dichotomies, just as eating a good meal is not the opponent of logic and reason. Love and kindness is like a good meal, fuel for the spirit, it is what makes us truly human.
A 98% psychopath may be a better hero than an ordinary man, and save the world due to his or her superior logic and reason, but still has a human side to him or her. But a 100% psychopath beware.
Russell Parr

Re: thoughts, ideas and views

Post by Russell Parr »

Hi TD, welcome to the board.
the discourse wrote: Been browsing Menoftheinfinite youtube channel, saw a video about Friends and Ego. Dan Rowden's I think.
Do you mean this one?
I firmly believe society needs to see these videos, because they are vital components to a functioning mind.
These videos taught me not to believe these videos or worship these videos. I do not worship the Menoftheinfinite videos as a fraudguru, and I freely intellectually disobey the videos, however these videos have good content. I respect the videos. And I daresay, I love the videos.
There are definitely worse things to fall in love with!
I cheer and I root at many moments and ideas in the video, I myself try to be a spiritual friend, to those around me. I do it at any cost, even if they yell at me, try to drown me out, or threaten me, I teach them, Use logic and reason, but they do not want to use logic and reason, for they are hystericals, the sheep of society.
I recognize that in my own mind, when I go out and about, I have spiritual friends within my own mind, and when I turn on the TV. For instance, when I watch a skit and they mess up the skit, I want to deep down forgive them, and pretend like there is no mistake, but the Demons of Truth do not allow me, they show me the flaws, they show me the errors, no matter the cost. They even hurt me, for example if I put on a bad looking outfit, or make a mistake, they will punish me and warn me endless about it. These are true friends. When I go out at the supermarket, I will see a person and the Demons of Truth will not allow me to not judge them, I plead to the Demons of Truth, let us be happy, not hate, not insult, not judge, but the Demons of Truth will insult and insult, and all of the insults are true about them, I cannot deny the truth of it. For the only way out through a society full of lies and delusion is Truth. Not to sit idly by, nodding your head in submission to constructs made from inferiorly made logic and reason.
What you say at the end here is great, but the particular examples you mentioned are subjective truths, having very little to do with Absolute Truth. The better one's understanding and grasp of the Absolute, the more trivial things like how well an outfit is put together or the execution of a TV skit become.
However, I disagree with the video also. I believe we must be human. That friends must boost our hearts and souls. Friends must not only insult, and tell the truth, but also hold and love. I believe love and logic and reason are not mutually exclusive dichotomies, just as eating a good meal is not the opponent of logic and reason. Love and kindness is like a good meal, fuel for the spirit, it is what makes us truly human.
A 98% psychopath may be a better hero than an ordinary man, and save the world due to his or her superior logic and reason, but still has a human side to him or her. But a 100% psychopath beware.
When we talk about "what makes us human," we're discerning that which separates us from animals, right? If that's the case, then only logic and reason make us human. Emotions are what make us animal. I will say though that the wise doesn't rid himself of love, but expands it to amass the whole of Reality, no longer employing it for selfish reasons. Hence, Agape.