Self Ego Thinking(Evil) Vs Humility Before The Holy.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
ExhaustionToLight

Self Ego Thinking(Evil) Vs Humility Before The Holy.

Post by ExhaustionToLight »

It's seeker by the way, hello everyone. No hard feelings deebsby, I learned not to insult at least!

I've come to understand and believe that sufferring, and the mind that experiences sufferring, should very well be described as the devil. I have also come to understand and believe that the only true enlightenment is to walk in reverence of God or Tao, despite my previous 'dismissal' of the idea that there is a living God.

During almost the entire time I was reading from Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, and so on, I had never really realized how little I ever even considered or truly contemplated the idea of a living God, it was as if I was in some sort of denial- or thoroughly 'decieved' in to believing the idea was insane- so that I would always avoid any true attempt to know a living God or seek his presence.

I also believe that in the tao te ching laozi clearly describes the Tao as a guiding or living Tao, and ofcourse refers to the source and origin.

I know that in the end, I would have come to God with or without any text, word, or discussion.

I also now see the chaotic negative force of egotism, thought-clinging, and the temptation to attachment and sin, as well as the temptation to sink into evil worldly lust, as well as all sin as the Devil. It could simply be described as "Darkness" (You know that darkness in your life and could not deny it.) or perhaps even as "Chaos". (As opposed to order).

Again, if you sink in to this darkness it seems that some eventually can even revere it or accept it, and in this way be like a devil worshipper (psycopath).

Previous to a few days ago I strictly said that I did not believe in any living God nor did I much consider it since what seems like a far younger age.

One way to realize that this understanding is indeed true may be to see that no matter what, every single sin that you committ without repentence and prayer keeps you in a cycle of sufferring, for me that was endless exhaustingly insane conjecture thought-chasing without the light, without reverence.
I believe you can try this for yourself.

Another way may be to realize that you have an endless inclination to bring awareness of the truth to others.

Another way may be to understand that athiestic and sinful social conditioning (such as lust) is heavily promoted by Hollywood, TV programs, western schools, etc- from the moment you saw a Globe you were in at least one way taught that there is no God. I mention this because I think most of us may have underwent such a situation year after year.

Ways in which I may have used to react to the idea of a living God:
Confused, scornful, laughing, avoiding, ignoring, and primarily, thinking it impossible and silly, with no evidence in even my most personal experience.
Yet how quickly and consistently did I deny? Very quickly indeed, and that is a sign.

What I think God means now:
God is All, but in a way goes unrecognized, like he is invisible or silent, to those who do not seek him in faith, who are thus, in a way, of the Devil.
I would say: Seek God in your life authentically and call out to him and repent your sins. I believe that every time you accept the lightest of sins, such as worldly fear, longing lustfulness, any prolonged lack of awareness of God's light, any inner denial of God, or any public embarassment to declare his name, that you should pray.

To know God look for him in the light around you, without skepticism or intention to immediately explain him away, and when you begin you will feel the mystery, that mystery is your opportunity to know his presence, instead of chasing it away every single time with thought and criticism, PLEASE, follow it with your heart and revere it as God.

I hope that you will see, because God is not some fantasy concept, no, he is All, every miracle, his kingdom is within and around you, and you can know him with a step of faith which truly brings you to recognize him as like a guiding force of warmth or love, a father of light- literally.

I strongly suggest that if you are divorced from God (a non-believer) that you just seek him rather than scorning the idea with your self-assurance, without the light you are essentially alone.
Turn away from The Devil who leads you to sin, the masking of sin, the propogation of sin, the pretence of self-assuredness, and the Pretence that you ever really knew in any way that there is no God, because you never truly believed that, since he is a step away, so close even that the blind at least feel his breath :)

In comparison to what I know, the truth of loving light and guidance that is the living God is the certainty, and I also know that until I realized God I always eventually ended up being burdened by sufferring due to sin (I always eventually lost awareness and happiness, and this reoccurred as a very common state) - no matter what, I don't think it is possible to even remain in awareness or happiness consistently or want to without reverence. Why should you remain in silence alone? Will it lead you to the true everlasting life?

I will personally be praying for members of the forum, and I strongly suggest re-reading the Bible, the new testament, and Jesus Christ specifically if nothing else and you think I'm just overly stupid, though I will not attempt to explain why I mention Jesus and the bible specifically right now.

King James Bible
Luke 17:21
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

New International Version
Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I probably could say more but I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks a lot and I hope you are all doing well and that at least one person who is in the darkness gets to read this! Bless you, you are never alone, and know that God is a real living God, not a hope of the mind. I believe there is no egotistical man, no matter how intelligent he believes himself to be, that will not tremble when he truly realizes the extent and reality of the deciever, and be overjoyed when he truly realizes the light of God <3 :)
jupiviv

Re: Self Ego Thinking(Evil) Vs Humility Before The Holy.

Post by jupiviv »

Hi there ExhaustionToLight. I didn't read your post very carefully, but I believe I grasped the gist of it.
God is All, but in a way goes unrecognized, like he is invisible or silent, to those who do not seek him in faith, who are thus, in a way, of the Devil.
I would say: Seek God in your life authentically and call out to him and repent your sins. I believe that every time you accept the lightest of sins, such as worldly fear, longing lustfulness, any prolonged lack of awareness of God's light, any inner denial of God, or any public embarassment to declare his name, that you should pray.
If God is the All, then my sins are a part of God. Why should I repent before the All for a part of the All?

I don't want to offend you, but have you considered the idea that feelings of piety are often reactions to deep and seemingly insoluble suffering? If so, would you say it applies to your case?

Again, I am not trying to offend you but help you in the very paltry way that I am able. When we experience great suffering, we want to latch on to the first pleasurable thing that presents itself to us. That thing could be religion/ideology/activism, with the sense of community and belonging they bring, or a pretty girl, or a video game. It doesn't matter what it is. The end result of it is that we see only what we *want* to see, and truth - at best - sits last on the long queue of things we want to see.