We the gifted, we are discriminated

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
xcosy

We the gifted, we are discriminated

Post by xcosy »

It is time to put the word on the thing.

There's this poll on google which says 45% of MIT and such graduates are still virgin. I doubt they're all joking.

When I was a teen I had trouble socializing, with people giving up on me. I went back to read, and I was already writing like an adult when I was 13 or 14. So when I thought I was boring, well I was, but it's more that I was frustrating them. And when you frustrate everyone, then they team up to venge themselves.

Remember the stigma on D&D, on vidya, and then on computers. It wasn't because the activity was shameful, but because it was used by shamed people, as the best means of escapism. So the stigma was a symptom, and not the cause of why we were laughable.

This all comes down to fear of the difference, or more precisely the fear from existing. To exist it means, in a way, that there's me and the rest. And so the stranger the rest, the more then I exist, because then the more I stand apart. I think it wouldn't be so pronounced if we taught children about the confusion of being, instead of going around it and confusing them with random knowledge.

As soon as possible, they have to be briefed about the existential situation. It's ridiculous, but it's true. To simply say that we are without knowing why and how, or even what we are, and so we are on a quest to pacify this mess to figure it out, then to simply say that already it would be helpful.

The aggression of the poorly graded, and the pretension of the smart, it is just a defense system from this strangeness which confuses them oppressively. So they have to shield themselves from the unknown, the non-understood. They're not briefed about the core issue, but treated like meat to wonder about it all in a corner, with no solidarity, and then we wonder why it's such a mess, and a psychological tragedy. Even the authority isn't assuming itself.

The intensity of being, it is one reason people kind of like tyranny, or at least to be in a submissive state. To be at the top of the reins, to be totally free, free from conflicts/power/obligations/religion/addictions, then it means being in complete awareness of the situation. People don't want that, because they haven't been prepared. They are raised in the cushion of ignorance.

If you really, really think about it, the fact that we exist in a seemingly imperfect world, with threats around, it is to the reason profoundly disturbing, because it goes to the core of existence. We don't exist in a special cloud. We are a branch of it all. So if it is flawed, then deep to the core of it all, it would be flawed, and the metaphysical consequences are puzzling.

But personally, I'm afraid more from perfection than imperfection. Because perfection, it feels like being on rails, like prisoners, though maybe it isn't. In a perfect world I'd feel like the slave of my every moment. So in imperfection, I take comfort. There is room to breathe. haha

Already, nobody will agree with what I have said. People never agree with me, because it means agreeing with the fringe, and so being on the fringe, and so it's psychological suicide. Just reading my words, it increases your odds to stay virgin, or to become virgin again if you aren't.

The more likely thing is that perfection and imperfection are both no more than words on the page. So then it would be the reason which is flawed. Or maybe, we decide if they mean anything, and maybe even it means something for those who believe it, but they can only bring the world to follow in this view at the measure of the will of others.

Sometimes, I imagine there is the people, and there's really nothing else. It's like the falling tree doesn't make a sound if nobody hears it, but in a more advanced way, because I believe surely the tree is always there, and the sound also, but it is part of the people.

I see the universe as a web of consciousness pools, with the matter inbetween perceptions, and with multiple perspectives. Whereas people see the universe as a bunch of billiard balls, with their minds who-knows-where. But the mind is just there, and it's likely that's all there is. The mind is the edge, looking in. These colours and stuff, this is the universe. People reject it, because then it causes problem with religion, as you have to claim paternity.

The Bible, it is funny when you think about it, because it looks like a man who looked at the world, and tried to imagine it with less people, then less and less, to have an idea of how it all started. Then instead of imagining that before the first man, there was a ape, then a fish before that (which would be quite a feat of imagining), then he had to settle on "the first man got out of the ground, because of the will of something greater than man, and with power over matter".

All the rest then, it is a beautiful but flawed thought experiment. The funny thing is that in a way, it is holy still. You have these men who tried their best to express the will of God, and either they were right, or either they were speaking the will of all the will there is. It is just the knowledge was lacking, so it has to be reconsidered, but the will in a way is very precious. Maybe we will never have a situation again where the will is expressed so purely, with blind candor.

Anyway, I am a bit deviating. I tend to be inadequate. I don't know what to say. I must go to sleep. You'll just have to deal with this mess. I think I am slightly antisocial. It's because people don't recognize my genius.

I'm learning to write more obscurely so that eventually, it'll be recognized
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: We the gifted, we are discriminated

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi Xcosy, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. It all seems not very organized although bits and pieces contain evidence of some thought.

But it's like you're afraid to take really one topic, one focus. As if you're afraid to think, to ask "is this really so?" or if you just like the emotional impact.
I don't know what to say. I must go to sleep. You'll just have to deal with this mess
You sound like you were half asleep when writing your post. Why don't you wake up instead? Get out of the fog, stop aborting every thought, every sentence before it ran its course. In a way your write like a serial killer of your own reason, the moment you start thinking about something, you quickly kill it. Rince and repeat! Why do you do that? Are you aware of that? Like a baby-genius abortion clinic, afraid of its own off-spring.

Stop killing your mind. Next time, write about one thing only. Forget the idea that you're "gifted" (you're ruining your talent) or that others somehow have to "deal" with you, they don't have to -- and of course they won't if you love your own incoherency so much. You have to deal with you and nobody else.
steve

Post by steve »

Why do you want people to recognize your genius?
interchange

Post by interchange »

xcosy wrote:But personally, I'm afraid more from perfection than imperfection. Because perfection, it feels like being on rails, like prisoners, though maybe it isn't. In a perfect world I'd feel like the slave of my every moment.
You fear this perfection because you feel you might attain it (even though it is an impossible demand). Why of course would you fear that? Because it was a demand placed upon you by the needs of others (most likely from your mother who could not tolerate and meet your earliest needs, forcing you to repress them). Thus, your experience of stability in the world is conditional upon maintaining these repressed needs and fulfilling the conditions upon which you did receive praise. Gifted (per your title) is a more apt word than genius. This paradigm has indeed given you gifts, one of insight into the needs of others, and one of the ability to monitor your aptitude in meeting those demands, providing you the tools to become ever better at doing so (even though you must always fall short).

Of course you fantasize of grandiose things which might be in your reach. They ward off the emptiness conferred in the idea of not meeting those demands, stripping you of all the stability you possess and leaving you with the emptiness that you fear.

You will ping pong back and forth between the grandiose and the depressive, each time running away from the loneliness that is inherent in each. If you were to succeed finally in meeting the demands placed on you in whatever your idea of "perfection" is, then you would have confirmed what you fear -- that it was not your wish for perfection which brought you to it. And that make you one with the loneliness that you feel.

Stop. This loneliness that you fear in either outcome is already part of you. It is the loneliness of realizing on some level that you were not loved or admired for who you are, but instead under the conditions of what others needed you to be. You cannot get that back. You must mourn your lost opportunity for validation and love of the parts of you which were required to be repressed.

When you do so, you will also lose your need to be admired and recognized for your "genius". And you will finally be able to actually attain that perfection that you speak of. However, I doubt you will pursue it, since it was never you who wanted it in the first place.
the discourse

Post by the discourse »

I am probably talking to the wall here, the individual who posted this topic has long since abandoned these forums (5 months and only 1 post...) so I can see how the comments about how he is skittish are quite valid. But in the rare event he comes back, this post will be waiting for him.
xcosy wrote:Remember the stigma on D&D, on vidya, and then on computers. It wasn't because the activity was shameful, but because it was used by shamed people, as the best means of escapism.
Not sure if true, but it's an interesting sentiment and it opens my eyes. It's like that feeling of ridding yourself of delusion. The thing that rids of you of delusion may not in of itself be 100% true, but the logic and idea it presents is sound, solid logic. Like Vitruvius in Lego movie.
When I stop and think about it my eyes are opened. It is not right to bully people for D&D, or bully people for vidyaG's or computers. When I was a child, I used to laugh at people because everyone else was. Then the same people I was laughing with, would turn around and laugh at me. I didn't realize that I myself, was the exact same kind of target that they liked to ridicule. I was the cow without a mirror, believing I was part of the herd of monkeys. I realize now I was being played, used, a submissive slave to their social agendas and demands. But no more. After road home, after the tears, it changes you.
xcosy wrote:As soon as possible, they have to be briefed about the existential situation. It's ridiculous, but it's true. To simply say that we are without knowing why and how, or even what we are, and so we are on a quest to pacify this mess to figure it out, then to simply say that already it would be helpful.
I agree, school needs to be more philosophical. However, I am not sure how kids can be briefed about the existential situation, noone really knows why/how/what we are here or why/how/what consciousness exists, other than that non-existence cannot exist by definition, since it is non-existence, but even that is not certain, especially amongst young atheists (but as they grow older, they become less and less certain of the oncoming non-existence, by its own definition it does not exist.)

The aggression of the poorly graded, and the pretension of the smart, it is just a defense system from this strangeness which confuses them oppressively. So they have to shield themselves from the unknown, the non-understood. They're not briefed about the core issue, but treated like meat to wonder about it all in a corner, with no solidarity, and then we wonder why it's such a mess, and a psychological tragedy. Even the authority isn't assuming itself.
Society is basically a bunch of idiots, so you are on to something here, however I think you are missing the mark and making a mess concerning the core of it yourself. Maybe it's just my dogma. Your thoughts are a mess, and unique, but I mean, in terms of mechanics, a lever is a lever, a square wheel is a square wheel.
The intensity of being, it is one reason people kind of like tyranny, or at least to be in a submissive state. To be at the top of the reins, to be totally free, free from conflicts/power/obligations/religion/addictions, then it means being in complete awareness of the situation. People don't want that, because they haven't been prepared. They are raised in the cushion of ignorance.
I don't really see it as that hard. It's like, build the legos, use logic and reason, sit on the couch and point of the flaws of politics. It's really not a bad deal.
Voting for politicians .... the mindset an average person enters is looking up to the sky and saying "Lead me, Lead me, Tell me What To do, I will obey, Submit, I revoke my independence and freedom to you." Since they are in that mindset, the more ridiculous, cultish and absurd a candidate is, the more likely to they are to vote for them. Politics is a tribal and sxual affair, a football game of absurd cheerleaders, mental bondage and hysteria, team a vs team b.
If you really, really think about it, the fact that we exist in a seemingly imperfect world, with threats around, it is to the reason profoundly disturbing, because it goes to the core of existence. We don't exist in a special cloud. We are a branch of it all. So if it is flawed, then deep to the core of it all, it would be flawed, and the metaphysical consequences are puzzling.

But personally, I'm afraid more from perfection than imperfection. Because perfection, it feels like being on rails, like prisoners, though maybe it isn't. In a perfect world I'd feel like the slave of my every moment. So in imperfection, I take comfort. There is room to breathe. haha
These thoughts of yours don't seem very coherent. I surmise you mean by perfection, that you mean a world with no threats, since earlier you associated "threats all around" with imperfect world.
In a perfect world, or imperfect world, you are still the slave of every moment, and I don't see what you mean by being on rails, Paranoia is a bit like rails so perhaps you could shed some light on what you mean.
Already, nobody will agree with what I have said. People never agree with me, because it means agreeing with the fringe, and so being on the fringe, and so it's psychological suicide. Just reading my words, it increases your odds to stay virgin, or to become virgin again if you aren't.
That's not really correlative, but I will explain what I think you mean. Virgin geniuses have a tendency of not being able to relate to other people, people tend to want to have sx with someone they are connected with, geniuses are simply higher minds and do not feel the connection with a large amount of the population of which they do not respect. It is displayed in body language and verbal language during all interactions.
I'm learning to write more obscurely so that eventually, it'll be recognized
Please don't intentionally obscure. But if you write, write for you, I know I do. I know for a fact my consciousness exists, not sure anyone elses does, but I know mine does, so if I read it, at least someone reads my works.