What Insights Have You Experienced?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cahoot

Re: What Insights Have You Experienced?

Post by Cahoot »

That’s even better. Here’s the quotation you reference, the reason you keep calling me stupid and delusional.
Because, empirical evidence indicates that once the body dies, Fini. Last stop. End of the road. End of the line. Punch the ticket.

What’s the evidence of otherwise? (Turn the receiver dial away from the reception setting that marks this question as an assertion that the evidence does not exist.) (;
That’s the exact quote.

Just answer the question. What’s the evidence of otherwise?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

What happened to that last question in bold? You didn't describe its relevance yet?
Cahoot wrote:That’s the exact quote.

Sigh. Didn't I already give conditions (which can be met by you immediately, so don't act like I'm avoiding it) under which I agreed to fully explain and answer this question or any others? What was wrong with those conditions? Any reasons not to? I can provide reasons for.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:What happened to that last question in bold? You didn't describe its relevance yet?
Cahoot wrote:That’s the exact quote.

Sigh. Didn't I already give conditions (which can be met by you immediately, so don't act like I'm avoiding it) under which I agreed to fully explain and answer this question or any others? What was wrong with those conditions? Any reasons not to? I can provide reasons for.
Question not answered.

Funny guy. Waste of time. You go now.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

You know what, you're right, big waste of time.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Insight:

William Deming’s quality ratio is a handy integration tool, as it rationally defines waste-of-time when demonstrated dishonesty is afoot.

If one is not inclined to conceptual analysis, or is illiterate, then attention to motive-force reveals the same knowledge that Deming’s quality ratio reveals.

In related news, Thoreau calculated that walking to Philadelphia was more cost efficient than working to buy a train ticket.

In related news, Eric Hoffer was onto the same knowledge as Deming. Lots of people are.

This is helpful information for those who don’t know what to do with their life, or who fear leaving extended adolescence.
ardy

Post by ardy »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:You know what, you're right, big waste of time.
God! you are sounding like a drunk telling the same story over and over. Admit it you are gaining something here you cannot get elsewhere. I wonder what it is?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

ardy wrote:God! you are sounding like a drunk telling the same story over and over
Really, I didn't pick up on that. I was under the impression I was sounding like an ordinary fella talking to a caveman.
ardy wrote:Admit it you are gaining something here you cannot get elsewhere. I wonder what it is?
I disagree, besides the occasional illumination of truth from some insightful members, and the same from those who aren't so insightful(which one can get just about anywhere), there's not much else I can think of. Criticism is always appreciated, but unfortunately, it is much more useful when it is coupled with sound reason.
ardy

Post by ardy »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
ardy wrote:God! you are sounding like a drunk telling the same story over and over
Really, I didn't pick up on that. I was under the impression I was sounding like an ordinary fella talking to a caveman.
ardy wrote:Admit it you are gaining something here you cannot get elsewhere. I wonder what it is?
I disagree, besides the occasional illumination of truth from some insightful members, and the same from those who aren't so insightful(which one can get just about anywhere), there's not much else I can think of. Criticism is always appreciated, but unfortunately, it is much more useful when it is coupled with sound reason.
That is true but the assumption is that you know sound reason when you hear it. As a young person that is unlikely and there seems to be an instant dislike of criticism amongst today's younger people. It is generally referred to by our boys in their late 20's/early 30's and their friends as 'negative shit'.

As if you can unlock the mysteries of life by shutting your ears and attacking anyone who criticises you or offers a differing opinion to your infantile thinking.

Good luck as you have a long way to go and it won't be easy. Assuming you continue to Seek Wisdom...
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Edit
Last edited by SeekerOfWisdom on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

A rainy day can be distinguished from a sunny day, but noticing the distinction between a rainy day and a sunny day does not make the day a rainy day, not even if two or more people notice the rain.

A pathetic Mewler may experience the irrational feeling that the weather report is an imposition, but that doesn’t change the weather. Neither does a carbon tax.

Whining is whining

You can whine about what was done to you

You can whine about what you don’t have

You whine about what you didn’t receive

You can whine about what you want

The well-worn path of whining can be your work

Or you can work with what you’ve got
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

There used to be little insights sprinkled around the United States along the paths people passed in their cars. They sometimes ended with the word, Burmashave. I don’t remember ever seeing the above insight along the roadside, but it does fit in to another time. In a way that is to say, less crude than modern sensibilities that have been conditioned by an escalating reactionary-mentality in the arts and culture, such as the art of speaking and writing, i.e. verbal energy, in which the imagination is provided with much more than it could ever encounter in reality.

One wonders if such signs still exist, and more importantly, if reading the cadence of thoughtfully worded road signs at an early age is an indication of the principle that form influences content, even to the extent that form is content and content is form.

The content of the smart-phone is mirrored in form, which is to say, thought energy becomes voice energy that is stored in a smart phone, but not all thoughts are spoken and not all words become action. Which is relevant. Doesn't practically everyone have a smart phone these days?