Enlightenment

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Enlightenment

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Well,
It's just remarkable to be abiding in such and such a way that the continuing impression 'bliss' is the word appropriated for it.

the word picture 'seamless, undivided, whole' looks apt although imputed (name and form conveyed significance upon) on a base.
mentioning parts as we do, base, delivers the whole.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Let me put it this way D.

If I reify a concept aka pull it off the menu.

What the concept gives up is characteristics, properties, functions.

as a means to an end, what end?
in order to for the sake of.

bliss generator?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Leyla Shen wrote:
The moon lights up the finger in the reflection of the pond.
Blah blah, fkn blah, Diebert!
And sometimes the finger lights and sticks up the hole where the moon no shine. Always gets some groaning!

Apparently you missed the joke. You sound like such a humorless wrench these days.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:If I reify a concept aka pull it off the menu.
You're just assuming you're reifying stuff. The story might be a bit bigger than that.

But perhaps you like to keep it small and easier to digest. Hence your obsession with menus and blisses in your vocabulary :)
Leyla Shen

Ghosts and Goblins

Post by Leyla Shen »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Leyla Shen wrote:
The moon lights up the finger in the reflection of the pond.
Blah blah, fkn blah, Diebert!
And sometimes the finger lights and sticks up the hole where the moon no shine. Always gets some groaning!

Apparently you missed the joke. You sound like such a humorless wrench these days.
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your enlightened and protracted engagement with Dennis.

Please, do carry on!
Between Suicides
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Ghosts and Goblins

Leyla Shen wrote:I didn't mean to interrupt your enlightened and protracted engagement with Dennis.
A joke becomes only really funny if it's also tragically true at some, barely conscious level. Unless some sensitivity is offended.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

What I said Diebert is exactly what Neitzsche pointed out as a possibility.
'in a nutshell'.
You missed it.

He came up with a formula for bliss against the odds.
'we are literary philosophers'
unencumbered
we are free of yoke.

a mood and understanding.

Your 40 trillion words on it still circling the wagons without 'getting it'.

You realise he was practical don't you?
nuts and bolts.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:What I said Diebert is exactly what Neitzsche pointed out as a possibility.
Yes, his first baby steps, in a nutshell. But with way better grammar and punctuation at least.
He came up with a formula for bliss against the odds.
No, he just explored nihilism, the very one he announces for the 20th century. And he looked to oppose it, to look beyond it.
Your 40 trillion words on it still circling the wagons without 'getting it'.
It must look like a mountain from your perspective ;-)
You realise he was practical don't you? Nuts and bolts.
He went nuts and bolted. His philosophy was driven by strict regimen: whipping his own horse.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

he just explored nihilism
He took 'cookie cutter' on.
He got out of 'Bleak House'.
He was Jazz.
Radical.
Magnum Opus, Tour de Force.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:
he just explored nihilism
He took 'cookie cutter' on.
He got out of 'Bleak House'.
He was Jazz.
Radical.
Magnum Opus, Tour de Force.
Meaningless worship. If you can't crush him as equal, you can't really access him either.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Brickbat for Fred?

His spirit leaps off his pages.
spiritedness..
hale fellow, well met.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:Brickbat for Fred?

His spirit leaps off his pages.
spiritedness..
hale fellow, well met.
Sure you like to soak it all up but can you also give back?
Not in the usual digested, liquefied forms please...

Or like Fred said: learning to obey oneself -- and, or, as language rule -- before learning to command: including proper language, concepts and functions.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

All the philosophers stand in attendance upon the prime duality.
freedom and bondage.
highly intelligent, they are disenamoured with bondage and make a 'jail break'.
In their respective causes/conditions aka private soliloquoy I hear them healing themselves.

of course they are bound to formalise or polish it up to an arbitrary rule.
In order to get published.
put out there in the public domain in such a way the basic cognition appears emotionless.

it is deeply personal,
something gentle held for protection,
the notion of sanctuary.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

A single essence, infinite forms. A mind easily strays among infinite forms. But the essence remains ever the same, never straying from the mind.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:All the philosophers stand in attendance upon the prime duality.
freedom and bondage.
highly intelligent, they are disenamoured with bondage and make a 'jail break'.
In their respective causes/conditions aka private soliloquoy I hear them healing themselves.

put out there in the public domain in such a way the basic cognition appears emotionless.

it is deeply personal,
something gentle held for protection,
the notion of sanctuary.
It's amazing what sentences can do in aid of understanding your view! I relate to everything you said about desiring to heal the prime duality of bondage and freedom except for your statement about polishing one's private soliloquy up to an arbitrary rule in order to get it published. For me, writing in sentences is a natural ordering of the thinking process. Or at least it seems that way.

I was particularly touched by your insight of "something gentle held for protection, the notion of sanctuary." In relation to my experience, the metaphorical Christ Child come to mind.

Is it your experience that bliss is the unconditioned outcome of the healing process of being unconditioned?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Isn't Diebert protecting a form of languaging thusly:
something gentle held for protection, the notion of sanctuary
I 'get' it.
bliss.
hale fellow, well met.

the mind 'thinks' causes/conditions, because this/because that, this ceases/that ceases, this arises/that arises.
a set of assessments
a range of options
a formula struck. (a cognitive breakthru). (a vehicle).
in order to for the sake of?
an end to suffering.

the recent tete-a-tete of the form afficionado's
'language is a woman preying'
suggests bondage/freedom.

The Kalahari Bushman discriminates 'brown cow' 30 different ways from the Context 'what's at stake'.
a failure to be brought about by a lack of supply.

The distinction is:

'The Kalahari Bushman discriminates 'brown cow' 30 different ways from the Context 'what's at stake'.
a failure to be brought about by a lack of supply.'

something is protected.
Guarding being.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Is it your experience that bliss is the unconditioned outcome of the healing process of being unconditioned?
You see, the Kalahari Bushman is tethered to his 'brown cow' and discriminations concerning.
that's his facticity, historicity, conditioning.

Diebert thinks that's important.
the tethering.

I say and the Immanent is saying Spirit is a priori to facticity, historicity, conditioning, forms of being.
The distinction 'formless'.
Infinite.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:it is deeply personal, something gentle held for protection, the notion of sanctuary..
Yes, your "hiding place", your "private soliloquoy", your own "healing" which is another protection.

You are so clever in distinguishing it in everyone else but your own ooze. That's the most common human projected condition aka ignorance.
Dennis Mahar wrote:All the philosophers stand in attendance upon the prime duality. Freedom and bondage. Highly intelligent, they are disenamoured with bondage and make a 'jail break'. In their respective causes/conditions aka private soliloquoy I hear them healing themselves.
You're hearing your self here. When a philosopher sees, he goes quiet or speaks out. He descends with "the sickness". He calls it the human condition and therefore the only healing lies beyond human. But he's not opposing to annihilate, synthesize or change. He opposes because he loves to rule, loves the difference, loves himself and the world. This must be alien enough since you write as if all opposition wants or needs something. Nietzsche called that way of looking at it: "slave morality".
Lucky for you nowadays it only needs a free message board without language rules to publish! And now even you have a place among the "ones that heal themselves". Forever healing and covering up a wound which is ignorance too, since the wound is a form of negation often covered by the band-aid of indifference.
it is deeply personal, something gentle held for protection, the notion of sanctuary.
Yes, Dennis.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

what are you protecting?
what has you snarling, the brickbat.
what has you purring, the bouquet.
what's running you?
He opposes because he loves to rule, loves the difference, loves himself and the world
oh yeah, the script.
ol' crusher.
give it a rest lad.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:what are you protecting?
Dennis protects Dennis by repeating his beliefs.
what has you snarling, the brickbat.
Dennis! No really, the love of displaying the contrast between thought and marmalade.
what has you purring, the bouquet. What's running you?
Love for Wisdom and love for Dennis trying to hide his pain by sabotaging his own language and being. Passion for irony and getting to the contemporary Buddhist disease of "quieting" inquiry or attempts to weaken the mind. The joy of crushing religious strongholds only to see another one rising.

Truth pours out. Asserting itself. Rejecting nothing. Only slaves are looking to ask "for what purpose" or "what's the function". They are the menu!
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

I'm typing on my phone, is anyone else having problems logging in via Windows?

Dennis the sentient spirit cannot help making distinctions, he is by default, tethered to his form-making mind. He heals himself of his faith or logical assumption that when its sentience ends the tether will snap and of its ability here and now to make wise sentient decisions.

What I don't understand is why the wise spirit who accepts its temporary tethering to the body must limit itself to one expression of spirit? Only logic, why? Only bliss, why? Surely the wise spirit knows which expression is the right one in any given moment.
Diebert van Rhijn

movingalways wrote:I'm typing on my phone, is anyone else having problems logging in via Windows?
Yeah, it seems the forum software needs an upgrade to a more recent version. I got PHP errors at preview and other places. Still can post though.
Only logic, why? Only bliss, why? Surely the wise spirit knows which expression is the right one in any given moment.
Expressions are how the spirit moves in any given moment. On a forum like this reasonable, measured discussion seems like a good thing. To craft some thoughts is a good thing. If one can learn to do it without any resentment, it's just as well bliss, which just means: glad tidings! In the broadest sense.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Golly gee Diebert, diatribe aside.
I asked you what you are protecting.
You made a statement vis a vis.
I told you it was a concern about Supply.

You made a statement vis a vis a Supply problem.

The logic entailed shows that there is no supply problem and that in your case there is a lack of supply with regard to your preference and an oversupply with regard to your aversion.

Is there a possibility for clear thinking?

Pam,
There's one distinction.
The mind discriminates.
causes/conditions, because this/because that, this ceases that ceases, this arises/that arises.

Academese has to be broken down from that form.
Workshopped.
The great thinkers are concerned with a possibility for being, who am I and who am I being.
Breaking down the academese shows 'character and plot' for existential critter.

I like to get in the grip of the character and it's plot and think the thoughts of the philosopher in situ.

I was at a men's weekend of 50 guys and we all stripped naked.

The walk of Jesus to Calvary was acted out by each of us over many hours.

I dragged a sapling through a gauntlet of pummelling, buffetting men spitting derisory, hateful language at me.
The sense of betrayal etc.. palpable.
To stand in that.
All the men were profoundly moved in the experience and there is no other possibility than the embodiment of love and kindness if the topic of character and mental strength is called up.

Kierkegaard's conversation centres around talking to Regina and God, it's not hard to get 3 actors up for that.

Weininger's death scene where the lines are spoken and he puts the pistol to his head shows that it is terrific the gun was loaded in light of his congenital depression. Sad Sack.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:Is there a possibility for clear thinking?
But that's the thing, Dennis, I'm not that sure we have the same definitions on what constitutes "clear thinking". What do you mean with that. When people have different definitions the conversation never can happen. You talk about supplies but the rest of the world calls it values. Without values there can be no thought, no evaluation, no structure. Get it? They are the same. It's no coincidence that you write your posts without much structure. This is because you appear to oppose or trying to transcend value but end up opposing thought, any expression or opposition which is not your own. You attack it in your own way, by disruptive repetitive phrasing, nihilist thought and some attempt at deconstruction. Which is all good in terms of power but slavish in terms of how you lack appreciation and care of your own position. That's why I call you a nihilist since you don't even take the time and trouble to weigh and construct your own thought. You're trying to "unconstruct" but that is witnessed here is your own attack on yourself.
Weininger's death scene where the lines are spoken and he puts the pistol to his head shows that it is terrific the gun was loaded in light of his congenital depression.
The shot was through his heart, not a minor detail. Sometimes it's important to have details right and not write whatever comes to mind. He was possibly re-enacting his own hate as he couldn't overcome the resentment in him self as he complained at times. Compare this with Nietzsche's major vision of the snake crawling in the shepherd's throat. Some take the bite, othere just get bitten. It's important to forget about "healing" in either case. But it's a good illustration of the real issue at stake: can you let go of the hate or is it ingrained too deeply? Don't forget that all teachings point to it, how ultimate rejection of reality lies at the bases of all "suffering" and ignorance. Rejection equals hate. Reality itself hammered on the cross. This is why we need to understand bliss as a lack of this hate. Everything else is pretentious indulgence.
Diebert van Rhijn

movingalways wrote:I'm typing on my phone, is anyone else having problems logging in via Windows?
Kevin fixed it with a new board version. Hail to the chief! Can you login again too?