The fundamental question

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
TheImmanent

The fundamental question

Post by TheImmanent »

In what form do you exist?
Tor__Hershman

Re: The fundamental question

Post by Tor__Hershman »

Meaningless form
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Tor__Hershman wrote:Meaningless form
A form then. Whether meaningless or meaningful, what is your true form?
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

The fundamental question is sex.

The fate of mankind hinges on the fundamental answer.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

I exist as the distinction maker: name in union with its value or worth.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

movingalways wrote:I exist as the distinction maker: name in union with its value or worth.
What is the true form of the distinction maker?
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Cahoot wrote:The fundamental question is sex.

The fate of mankind hinges on the fundamental answer.
The fate of mankind already is, already was, will be, will never be and never was. In your perspective it hinges on an answer. In your perspective, there is a form in which you exist. In what form does your perspective exist, and in what form the one with the perspective?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

TheImmanent wrote:
movingalways wrote:I exist as the distinction maker: name in union with its value or worth.
What is the true form of the distinction maker?
Everything that exists.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

No sex, no people, no mankind, no form.
Works without the no's, too.

What are you saying?
Orenholt

Post by Orenholt »

The form of the universe of course. ;)
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

TheImmanent wrote:In what form do you exist?

Ultimately "I" don't exist (this body is an illusion)
Conventionally "I" appear to exist as a body in human form.

Break down form into atoms...all form is a form of energy.
Where did this energy come from ?

The TRUE SELF ( ?)

https://www.stuttafords.co.za/images/br ... _pic01.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU#t=165
Urizen

Post by Urizen »

Form is not meaningless. Form manifests the formless, which is infinite possibility (Beyond-Being). Infinite possibility contains the possibility of Truth (Necessary Being), and consequently of Beauty, which is the splendour of Truth, and of Goodness, which is inner Beauty. The world is the actualisation of the possibility of Truth; on the physical level, this is perceived as Order, Intelligibility, and Equilibrium; without these qualities, which are actually dimensions of Truth, the universe would never have been actualised, not even as an illusion. Man is a manifestation of the Truth; an eternal archetype incarnated in matter.
Kunga wrote:Ultimately "I" don't exist (this body is an illusion)
Conventionally "I" appear to exist as a body in human form.
Your 'conventional' I is relatively real. Your absolute 'I' is Absolutely real. The relative is a manifestation of the Absolute. To say 'illusion' is to say 'manifestation', which is dependent and relative in relation to the Divine.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Urizen wrote:Your 'conventional' I is relatively real. Your absolute 'I' is Absolutely real. The relative is a manifestation of the Absolute. To say 'illusion' is to say 'manifestation', which is dependent and relative in relation to the Divine.

Yes
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Cahoot wrote:No sex, no people, no mankind, no form.
Works without the no's, too.

What are you saying?
A truth is not created or destroyed. The truth of a thing finite in time is timeless. A perspective in time may experience uncertainty, but the concepts are already timelessly true the way they are defined. Mankind and its fate are concepts, which, depending on the reference point in time or beyond time has happened, will happen, will never happen and never happened.

In your perspective mankind's fate hinges on the question since you are unaware that the answer and the question are timeless, and believe that you travel on the spearhead of time, and believe that you are the biological image that you conceive. It is understandable, since appearances meet the eye.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Urizen wrote:
Your 'conventional' I is relatively real. Your absolute 'I' is Absolutely real.
Who is the possessor of an 'I', and several.

Several answers is no answer to the question of who you truly are, a conglomeration of ideas that are switched between. A real 'I' is not worn like a cloak. Much closer to the heart than that.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

The big bang, i.e., the fundamental answer.

Though time flies like a spearhead, fruit flies like a banana.

All that is, everything in the universe, form and formless, expanding from everything, was once a dimensionless point. Visionary transcends didactic to the sky god.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Orenholt wrote:The form of the universe of course. ;)
Doesn’t it go, a horse is a horse, of course, of course. A little giddiup in the rhythm.

If it’s talking to you, the form is either human or machine. Not horse. Which is not to say a horse can’t communicate with St. Francis types.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Cahoot wrote:
The big bang, i.e., the fundamental answer.

Though time flies like a spearhead, fruit flies like a banana.

All that is, everything in the universe, form and formless, expanding from everything, was once a dimensionless point. Visionary transcends didactic to the sky god.
No moment is ever erased. Time and space are one; the boundaries by which limited bodies are told apart. To be assigned in space is to be assigned in time. But time only exists in relation to reference points, as does scale.
jufa

Post by jufa »

The fundamental question, who determines form. The 1st question demand a 2nd second fundamental question: and by what means?

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
ardy

Post by ardy »

There is only one answer to a question such as this and others like it. DON'T KNOW...
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

jufa wrote:The fundamental question, who determines form. The 1st question demand a 2nd second fundamental question: and by what means?
By that second question you reveal a bias. Without answering the first question, you assume the second question is inferred by whatever the answer is. If the answer is the same to both, you have already overlooked it.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

ardy wrote:
There is only one answer to a question such as this and others like it. DON'T KNOW...
You refer to yourself, but don't know what you are. If you don't know, perhaps what you refer to is a misconception.
ardy

Post by ardy »

TheImmanent wrote:
ardy wrote:
You refer to yourself, but don't know what you are. If you don't know, perhaps what you refer to is a misconception.
If you are so sure of who you are, please enlighten me. Who are you?

If I am a misconception then why not? There is nothing fundamental behind any of us, so a misconception is as good as anything else.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

ardy wrote:
TheImmanent wrote:
No one in particular.
If I am a misconception then why not? There is nothing fundamental behind any of us, so a misconception is as good as anything else.
If what you refer to as yourself is a misconception, this is to say that you cannot be captured in a reference point. It does not mean that you are a misconception — in which case the misconception would not be a misconception in the first place. The misconception is you being a finite self.
ardy

Post by ardy »

TheImmanent wrote:
ardy wrote:
TheImmanent wrote:
No one in particular.
If what you refer to as yourself is a misconception, this is to say that you cannot be captured in a reference point. It does not mean that you are a misconception — in which case the misconception would not be a misconception in the first place. The misconception is you being a finite self.
Nothing points to an answer to the questions 'who are you' or 'what is your form' or to split your original question 'why do we exist'. All words fail completely as does misconception.

The gateless gate points to this and the final answer is??????