Women, Freedom, Entrapment, Strategy

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Women, Freedom, Entrapment, Strategy

Post by Dennis Mahar »

postscript: Alex, it's unfortunate the boys' club could only laugh with you over your biblical ugliness toward Dennis. But then, most of this thread and its opening thrust is shot through with biblical ugliness .
What's been disclosed is a guy who hides his money from a 'beautiful soul'.

looks like a terror of 'beautiful souls'.

the Inquiry into alleviating the miserable conditions for a damsel in distress has been held for millennia.
The situation and the ramifications and consequences issuing have been thoughtfully examined and tested by experience.

The conclusion is to refrain from 'bedding the wench'.

'dipping the wick' devolves into a mere control drama involving justifiers, bragging, attachment, fearfulness, distrust, poetry, second-guessing, vigilance, always keeping an eye out for possible danger.
in short, a troubled conscience.

Of course, the Inquiry is conducted by men who are interested in refining consciousness.

One's little peccadilloes are spotted and smiled upon and in that noticing brought to light and dissolved.

freedom is such a treasure.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

The entrapment strategy is dependent on secrecy. That is, withholding information against the notion of relation. Withholding control can be seen as defining between what is/pertains to a relation and what is/does not. So freedom would require an agreement on information and control, and the maintenance of it in a relationship. Checking if you are free and not being mislead would require maximum access to information, and seeing if a relationship could be mainteined in such conditions. Something that may require a relation between equals, and that women may not be interested in doing if not favorable to her.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The entrapment strategy is dependent on secrecy. That is, withholding information against the notion of relation.
The entrapment strategy is based in simply withholding.
In this case the carrot is money. (the witholding)
She, without the carrot, is not unaware who has the carrot and that there is carrot.

As long as she without the carrot, shows 'appreciation' for slivers of carrot coming her way, the mutual enslavement persists.
She without the carrot is aware a witholding of 'appreciation' is fraught with danger because where there is carrot there is stick.
The stick is the complete loss of slivers of carrot.
Last edited by Dennis Mahar on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Seeker, I personally do not think there can be an direct quotes from many thousands of years ago. It does make a difference to know this (if indeed it is true). So, it is a Doctrine assembled by a school or by various schools. And I am sure there is variation between the doctrines.

A couple of questions: if all that surrounds us is a product of the mind, where exactly is that mind?

Also, it would seem that if it were true that it is our mind that produces everything, that we would be able to change any element of it by will. In Buddhism it does of course hinge into all those tales of Buddhist sorcerers and magical men with strange, mystic powers. But, this seems to be all in the realm of fantasy and in fact we change our world by making adaptations in our attitude, or by very hard-won abilities in physical manipulation.

These ideas are not a challenge or a threat to me since I don´t find them (fantasies) very useful for practical matters and the living of life.
I can't go on. I'll go on.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:Seeker, I personally do not think there can be an direct quotes from many thousands of years ago. It does make a difference to know this (if indeed it is true). So, it is a Doctrine assembled by a school or by various schools. And I am sure there is variation between the doctrines.

A couple of questions: if all that surrounds us is a product of the mind, where exactly is that mind?

Also, it would seem that if it were true that it is our mind that produces everything, that we would be able to change any element of it by will. In Buddhism it does of course hinge into all those tales of Buddhist sorcerers and magical men with strange, mystic powers. But, this seems to be all in the realm of fantasy and in fact we change our world by making adaptations in our attitude, or by very hard-won abilities in physical manipulation.

These ideas are not a challenge or a threat to me since I don´t find them (fantasies) very useful for practical matters and the living of life.
The question "if all that surrounds us is a product of the mind, where exactly is that mind?" is never reached by the sentient mind, because in all the logic, mysticism, magic, metaphysics, no one has started from the beginning of why they exist. It is always after the fact man begins his logic. The philosopher, preacher, and intellect will take you any and everywhere but to the core of what the source of consciousness is.

Hello
"the rock and the tree and the man are the ALL in ALL, I am THAT" [someone said to me. I replied:]

the rock and the tree and the man are the ALL in ALL, THAT I am . And what is THAT?

And what is THAT?

If one cannot begin to tell me what THAT is in themselves by linkage to ones Spirit Conscious - then one needs to consider this is what Nothings [inclusive] means, for if one is not continuously clarifying what THAT is by sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell wholly, they are talking about nothing of the reality of THAT.

Talking about nothing is the reality ones projects and live by. It is the Principle and the Pattern "the law of the Spirit of life" must follow according to the law of the spirit and intent of that projection.

Talking about nothing is the reality ones projects and live by.

I must be so attuned to the NATURE of THAT which I am in, I must ask myself continuously what am I projecting into my conscious world of people places and thing? Am I projecting THAT IN TERMS OF ITS SKIN OF SPIRIT, or am I projecting nothing?

If I am projecting nothing, I am the one projecting the illusion in the world. It is I that am projecting and living the illusion I say is not real. - jufa
and goodbye.

Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa

http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Pye wrote: delusional idea that there is no world but in the mind. Such a thought is borne out of the flesh of human suffering; it rises from grounded earth (by fleeing from it). It is utterly incoherent the world is all dream and only exists in 'me' when world has to be assumed in order to say this.
World does not have to be assumed, nothing has to be assumed, assuming is the big issue here. If you don't assume, don't pretend you aren't completely ignorant, then you see the only thing you know are these flowing experiences of consciousness, that everything else, all thoughts in relation to ultimate reality, are nothing but fleeting illusions of thought, abstract imaginations with no relation to reality, a group of woven guesses, bias, dogma, bullshit. You are not realizing that your imaginations and reasoning of anything more than sensation, are nothing but imaginations, you have assumed something independent of consciousness with absolutely no valid reasoning.

The only reason you are assigning "here" more reality than a an imaginative experience is because it is shared with other people's experiences and you don't have memory or a grasp of anything but "here". Currently here.
Pye wrote: Thoughts are things as surely as any other thing in the world. Is it all dependently originated? Sure. Is it impossible to exceed our own instrumentation when measuring the world? Sure. But if you stay there, parked in the garage,
Here's the issue, you've had a thought, an imagination, thinking that just because all you know of the world comes from sensation, doesn't mean that all the world exists only as sensation.

YES IT DOES. <

You have only had a few fleeting illusory thoughts, completely forgetting how deeply ignorant you are, then assumed that the objects you see somehow correlate to a world independent of seeing! How did you jump here? Seriously do you even have a reason? You, like everyone else, is assuming consciousness is a result of the physical world, when instead there is no physical world outside of consciousness, what is seen.
Pye wrote: It rises from the earth, from the fleshly, from the whole of all this dependently originated phenomena. The physical is the spiritual; the matter and the energy

And what is the earth? What is flesh? What is matter and energy? You have no clue! When you think of these things all you have is another abstract imagination, maybe picturing some electricity in your mind for energy lol, All these things are nothing but labels for the particular manifestations your sensations! In other words, all these objects and things you think are different, external, independent, or physical, are actually nothing more than manifestations of the same changing sight/feeling/sensation.

The whole universe = Sensation, understand?

Your room, you seeing it, your body, your feeling it, all that exists are these feelings flowing, your reasoning for thinking your consciousness is a result of your fleshy body is completely flawed, the body exists only so far as the sensations go.

Your body and existence, which is actually sensual experience and is encompassed by sensual experience, existing only as appearances and projections, arose through the projection of "other people's" experiences. All arising from whatever you want to call that stuff you see while dreaming. Imaginative experience, nothing more, anything more is just another imagination, see.
Stop assigning "more reality" to here.

I understand that this is more complex then we understand, meaning I don't presume to know why or how our experiences are interconnected and shared, or why we experience illusions of body and world such as we do, why they can be apparently consistent or apparently inconsistent, why our memory is the way it is, that's just how things are, the knowledge you have of anything more is just another of those imaginations. The point being, whatever evidence you think there is for anything more than flowing sensation, (Physical world existing when not being seen) is delusion.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:

Here you go again, having another imagination and illusory thought asking "where" or "why" or "how" thinking that your answer is going to be anything more than another abstract imagination, a fleeting image seen by the mind.

The reason your answer is nothing but an imaginative experience, is because your question is nothing but an imaginative illusory experience.

All that exists is sensation flowing, all your knowledge is actually just knowledge of that sensation, the way it might flow, the way it looks, feels or works.

When you label different things, light, matter, energy, body, what are you labeling?

Particular manifestations of: Sight, feeling, sensation, understand?

There is nothing in existence more ever known evidenced or supported. All evidence, knowing, and reasoning saying otherwise, is actually just made up of more of these abstract imaginations and sensations.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

movingalways wrote: Which is why a man of reason who does not love himself and/or laugh at himself is a fool. Also why those who say "love is all we need" without giving the reason why are also fools.

When we have this understanding of the why of reason and of love and joy and kindness, mental-emotional lust [suffering] disappears from our consciousness. Is this what you mean by the implications wisdom has on consciousness?
Yes, both fools, and there is no need for an understanding of the why, mental-emotional lust and suffering disappears from our consciousness simply by letting go of past or future, familiarity or distraction through thought, when everything is let go of there is nothing left but what is, then one will act with virtue naturally. In wonder, amused, uninterested, aware of what he knows is eternal, hence patience, enjoyment, lack of worry, this is where love comes in, love of the tao, love of what is, is part of the natural order, beauty and mystery.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

I have been down these 'thinking' roads and have concluded that it is necessary to stay grounded in the world. To accept it as 'for all intents and purposes as real', and to work within it. That means: while we are incarnated into this realm, we deal with the realm. I suppose I could begin to become captured by whatever seems to be capturing you. People do this with their spiritual and abstract ideas. Look at Jufa!

I have to confess that in some visionary space I do understand that we beings come into this realm from something incomprehensible: an energy plane or a plane of pure being. But again, for all intents and purposes 'the world' is real. Real until perhaps I leave it? I don't know. Maybe then it turns to memory...or like a dream long ago.

What I have done with my own visionary content (or deep intuition) is exactly that I choose to keep my focus here.

Eighty-five percent of your rap, to me, just seems like jibber-jabber: what is the possible value of it? What does your knowledge do for you as an incarnated person?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I understand that this is more complex then we understand, meaning I don't presume to know why or how our experiences are interconnected and shared, or why we experience illusions of body and world such as we do, why they can be apparently consistent or apparently inconsistent, why our memory is the way it is, that's just how things are, the knowledge you have of anything more is just another of those imaginations. The point being, whatever evidence you think there is for anything more than flowing sensation, (Physical world existing when not being seen) is delusion.
Does that mean you are no longer assigning absolute existence to consciousness?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Dennis, labeling, naming, stop it, I honestly don't know what "assigning absolute existence" means, am I assigning an abstract imagination, an illusory fleeting thought as a characteristic of consciousness? No, that's everyone else, the words "exist" or "doesn't exist", "real" or "not real", these don't mean anything, worlds like this shouldn't even be used.

"I have to confess that in some visionary space I do understand that we beings come into this realm from something incomprehensible: an energy plane or a plane of pure being. But again, for all intents and purposes 'the world' is real. Real until perhaps I leave it? I don't know. Maybe then it turns to memory...or like a dream long ago."

An energy plane or a plane of pure being, atoms or consciousness or star dust or matter, vibration and frequency and body and world, all names for the same thing, transient sensation, imaginative experience.

Yes, the world is as real as it gets.

Think about your life ten years ago, or even 5 days ago, that was just a long ago dream, all you have of it is a few fragmented images, and when you are experiencing another form, not alex, you will have zero memory of alex, clearly, you only have memory of that which you are, and at best these are only fragmented memories which are actually not really memories but are new experiences of the moment, new abstract imaginations arising now, time being an illusion, along with aging, death and rebirth.

Your idea of keeping your focus here is actually you keeping your focus on not here. The value of this is only in recognizing one should let go of all else, all future and past, you won't do that as long as you haven't realized your experiences arise from you and are subject to you, if there are problems in your life, you have made the choice for them to exist, you have gotten caught up in illusion.

When you do get that, you will see that simply by letting go of all else, you enter a paradise of right now where nothing can ever go wrong, get rid of desire and attachment, there is nothing to lose, nothing to go astray, you are essentially getting rid of negativity and worry, and here's a fact for you: get rid of perceived negativity and worry, and they are gone.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Dennis, labeling, naming, stop it,
what the fuck do you think you are doing.
get off the bong.

your were calling consciousness 'god'
base and cause.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

It's practical, it will get you to paradise (end of suffering, future/past, worry/fear).

So few people let go of their presumed knowledge(all of it) enough to live with nothing but now, to realize now is only made up of sensation and all that exists is sensation.

So many read Lao tzu and the Buddha, and miss their points completely, or brush them off as vague, but, the ultimate secret of existence, so hard to accept, so hard to properly realize: The whole world is nothing more than imaginative experience, all knowledge is nothing more than imaginative experience, that's all of it btw.

You are eternal, LIKE an eternal dreamer, hate to break it to you, but your in "heaven" if you let go, and you are one with the all.

"May they become completely one! As we are one! I in them, and you in me! " - Jesus Christ

Amen.

Just realize what you are, that which is "aware" of you, the experiencing and knowing of alex, is the same which is "aware", experiencing, knowing, of me and all else. Undivided. It is not a thing, you experience what it is every day, won't explain it.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

God is a three letter word, don't get riled up, I'm on the bong all of a sudden now because you got angry, you constantly need to label people and assign them your own perceived flaws or characteristics, love you, but "are you assigning it absolute existence?" is an abstract question, it has no meaning, put it in a sentence that has a meaning and I will answer it.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

absolute means to exist from its own side,
unchanging,
permanent.

are you assigning consciousness that status?

the Buddha does not.
the Buddha opens up the possibility for the transformation of consciousness, the refinement of consciousness.
If consciousness existed from its own side change would be impossible.

what's what about what's so.

insert your standard reply here: 'it's all sensation'.

the senses do not reflect on experience.
the mental faculty does.
get it straight.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"And it is impossible that any one can explain the passing out of one
existence, and the entering into a new existence, or the growth,
increase, and development of consciousness, independent of
corporeality, feeling, perception, and mental formations"

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/buddha2.htm

Consciousness is made up of only what is changing and impermanent, transient sensations and mental faculty. They flow as one and make up consciousness.

What is permanent is experience. What is permanent is the change, the impermanent flowing feelings, (which make up all of existence and don't end, all change or transformation existing only within flowing "sensation", aka, changing feeling perception and mental formations, those are permanent, death and an "end" being nothing more than an abstract imagination, another fleeting illusion with no meaning in relation to reality.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

2 Questions answer Yes or No

1)In a dream,
is there a room on the other side of the door before you open it?

2) In your waking state, "here",
is there a room on the other side of that door, before your seeing it?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

who cares.
don't sweat the small stuff.
that's the kind of stuff bong addicts worry about.

whatever it is its dependently arisen and because of that it is empty of self.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

The answer is definitely no for the first one, and hence for the second, and it's not the small stuff, it is required to understand better existence and realize that knowledge is only illusory, the rabbit hole goes only as far as you look, this is what you are and where you are, non-being is the primal desire of your nature, serene and formless, it is your home, and you are the beginning and the end of it, an eternal dreamer. Changing sensation and impermanent transient experience is permanent, agreed?
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Your idea of keeping your focus here is actually you keeping your focus on not here. The value of this is only in recognizing one should let go of all else, all future and past, you won't do that as long as you haven't realized your experiences arise from you and are subject to you, if there are problems in your life, you have made the choice for them to exist, you have gotten caught up in illusion.

When you do get that, you will see that simply by letting go of all else, you enter a paradise of right now where nothing can ever go wrong, get rid of desire and attachment, there is nothing to lose, nothing to go astray, you are essentially getting rid of negativity and worry, and here's a fact for you: get rid of perceived negativity and worry, and they are gone.
Well actually it is only an idea in relation to the adamantly of your discourse, your desire to convince, to get someone to see things your way. You might want to consider that you don't really know me or what I do (inside of myself) and so who are you preaching to? What I am required to 'get' is only what I am doing on those inner levels which is so personal and so outside of the possibility of you knowing (because I am me and not you!) that I sense you are really talking to yourself. I don't have a problem, really, with that or even that you are saturating this thread with your discourses and Sangha (I also tend to dominate threads and pull them to those areas relevant to me). But your preachiness is, I must say, a little annoying!

But on a positive note: anyone and anything that creates a barrier between myself and Dennis is a God-send!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

But on a positive note: anyone and anything that creates a barrier between myself and Dennis is a God-send!
That's your terror of beautiful souls with the extra difficulty that you can't buy this one.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Alex I agree, we are all, in our demonstrations and activities of living within this interval of awareness, prisoners to the reality and non-reality of the universe and world of our outer objective visions and inner subjective feelings.
All things exist beyond the line of identification except in the human mind. - jufa
I am no different than you, and vice verse because we live in the world we first seen through our minds, analyzed, interpret, and built to our specifications. Every individual who has lived, as every individual contemporary with our living see and identify, not by reality of another person's concepts, opinions, theories, and ideas, but by relativism of images which has come to us for no logical reason.

Images are only relative, yet they are the silver thread which unites all minds, not by exactness, but by invisible words. Words are the picture object which justifies images as unique individual subjects. This is the infinity of what the scripture call worlds without end. Every individual picture world is real. Every pictured world is different. When any individual, therefore, attempt to tell another individual[s] what is true and real concerning the world, they have lied, not to any one other than themselves.

When a person says I think, I believe, I know, they tell the truth of their world. But lie, to others, about what is true beyond them when they express their I think, I believe, I know this to be the truth about all worlds other individual has architected for themselves to live within.

Accept this or not.

Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa

http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

You got over your self sure Dennis, but you haven't yet realized who you are, I explained what was permanent, you know what is permanent, and I used that example to show you some small stuff that it seems you weren't aware of to help you get closer to the understanding that the permanent, your true "self" nature, is me, then maybe you will stop being such a dickhead all the time, and I was doing it because that's what that classic marijuana "addict" does when he hasn't got a J to smoke.

Alex

"You might want to consider that you don't really know me or what I do (inside of myself) and so who are you preaching to? What I am required to 'get' is only what I am doing on those inner levels which is so personal and so outside of the possibility of you knowing (because I am me and not you!)"

Here is your biggest lack of understanding, and maybe jufa's, everyone has experienced pretty much exactly what you've been experiencing all of your existence, think about that, plus how ignorant you are as a single human perspective, which shows that everyone is having shallow and mysterious experiences like your own. We have the same insight into consciousness and are experiencing the same "place", all I'm doing is pointing out to you that what's occurring is subject to your thoughts and doesn't have existence independent of consciousness. You think I'm projecting my own "I believe" as jufa put it, onto you, what's really happening is I'm trying to get rid of these false "I believe's", which is all of the illusory knowledge and delusion about the nature of ultimate reality.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You're not me and I'm not you John.
get off the bong son.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Dennis get's insulted, Dennis does his best to cheaply provide insults masked as advice back, cause and effect, not high.