how to think like a genius

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
settfire1234

how to think like a genius

Post by settfire1234 »

what are some ways that can help you think like a genius
Brovy

Re: how to think like a genius

Post by Brovy »

Our brain plays an important role in our daily life. With a perfect and healthy brain we can think like a genius. We should eat healthy food for a healthy brain to think like a genius.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

What people qualify as geniuses, in your assessment?
A mindful man needs few words.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Brovy wrote:Our brain plays an important role in our daily life. With a perfect and healthy brain we can think like a genius. We should eat healthy food for a healthy brain to think like a genius.
ROFL, brain good!
unbound
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Look at what the "normal" world thinks, and figure out why it is all wrong.
I live in a tub.
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

Kegels.
Last edited by brad walker on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Take a blank canvas and paint your heart out.
queenofthedamn

Post by queenofthedamn »

Listen to Linkin Park.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

You have to filter out all of the bad information in the world. As you progress it gets easier to do. Examine "facts" to see if they are really facts. Einstein for example was examining Spooky Action At A Distance. He called it spooky because to him it didn't make any sense, and disobeyed the C constant. However Einstein never figured out why this behaviour was happening, and today it still stands as a fact that entangled particles form a connection between each other. Einstein had a much better filter for fact than most other people, so his fact alarm was ringing. Entangled particles to Einstein had some hidden information that needed to be figured out... and Gravity also must have some hidden information, because Gravity behaves instantly from a distance to the Earth. Einstein came up with a solution to the instant behaviour of Gravity by bending space time.

To get you fact alarms ringing you need to have a head full of good information. You need to realise that a lot of information is just plain wrong. Ask a scientist what is outside of the singularity of the Big Bang. The scientist will smile, and say "Nothing is outside the singularity". This he believes is a clever reply.. "Fact alarms are ringing!" A clue is actually in the smile itself. This smile is a smugness smile, and the smugness smile is formed from a retentive impulse to hide from yourself that further questions have no answers. Basically the scientist is thinking to themselves "It is just better not to ask why this is so.".... Einstein didn't even get round to asking this question of his own theory. It's a simple answer, the word pull that Newton used for gravity was a mistake. The word 'pull' should have been push for gravity, and then you have something pushing from outside of the singularity, and then the smug smile is gone, and action at a distance is no longer spooky.

So line up all of your facts into dominoes that topple down more facts, and learn that even the dictionary can be wrong... pull doesn't actually exist in the whole of the universe.

Take some words and so much information is wrong....

Pull doesn't exist.
Past, and future do not exist.
Nothing doesn't exist.
Gravity is a push force.
Particle wave duality doesn't exist.

To get the best information you have to create all information from scratch starting at the beginning, and working your way forwards.
Tenver-

Post by Tenver- »

"The first and last thing required of genius is the love of truth." - Goethe

You must want to escape enough and feel it your duty enough to do it. Only sympathy can make a man undertake his duty of genius - not presenting truth to your fellow humans is lying and you must care enough about others and have the strength to make a firm decision for your escape to be a genius and escape this yearning we all have...

No doesn't cut it - people get hurt - I would rather be free and live with the mortal plights it encounters than to lie to my fellow breathens and live in an inescapable, meaningless paradox called humanity...

Genius gives freedom... but it costs you... and only sympathy can make you undertake it... and only the undertaking can provide an all-ever concern for truth, because truth is the only thing that can free people from falsehood... and falsehood dominate the meaningless paradox in which we torment eachother... for no other purpose than a deflection of problems that underlie the issue... which can only be resolved by this action of genius...

If two farmers are burning eachothers' grounds because they want to increase the profit by decreasing their competition from eachother, then only genius can solve the problem of low profit... and only truth can be the foundation... and only sympathy for both men and what this quote below signifies can give the determation...

"It has been seen that the object of a sane upbringing is increasingly to direct all emotion towards objects which involve other people. Now basically the situation of being finite is an infinitely frustrating one, which would be expected to arouse sensations of desperation and aggression - as indeed it may sometimes be seen to do in very young children. I am aware that I must be careful, in using the word aggression, to state that I do not mean aggression directed towards people. What I mean is an impersonal drive directed against reality - it is difficult to give examples but it may be presumed that geniuses who are at all worthy of the name preserve a small degree of this. However, since all emotion must be directed towards people, it is obvious that the only form of aggression which a sane person can understand is aggression against people, which is probably better described as sadism or cruelty." - Celia Green

It is only sympathy which can make a man endavour to retrieve the secrets that can underlie that problem of these farmers causing hurt to eachother... nothing else... it would be easier to give up and care for oneself... but it would not be moral
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Actually, I think like an idiot about half the time. I have some very wrinkly ego residuals that are probably going to take a lifetime of steam-ironing. But thinking like a "genius" at least some of the time is not terribly hard. Actually, all one really has to do is learn how to think correctly and then do so. "Genius" is actually the default state of correctly-formed thought. But then why are most of us such a bunch of screwballs? Because in some areas, we are either unable or unwilling to apply correctly-formed thought. Or we are drunk, zombified by TV and drugs (prescription or otherwise), brainwashed by malignant cultral values, indoctrinated by those in positions of authority, or in other states which tend to degrade our quality of consciouness.

There are a lot of forces arrayed against the widespread emergence of intelligence. The controllers and owners of the "normal" world are definitely against it, as it threatens their dominance. Most simply put, thinking people are bad for business, and bad for fun pastimes such as war, etc. That's why I originally answered that one should figure out what is wrong with the "normal" world and its values and start from there.

I laugh every time anyone says "education." Actual education is the LAST thing on offer in the mainstream world.
I live in a tub.
mwolf

Post by mwolf »

Regarding the original post only:

First of all, limiting yourself to thinking like a genius is folly. What you need to seek is your potential; to think at whatever is the greatest level you can.

To achieve your true intellectual potential; you must have been raised such that your intellect developed. Given that society does not see this, or does not lend it sufficient import, rarely does anyone achieve a significant portion of natural human potential. So you have vastly limited intellectual capabilities because of how you were raised.

The reason for this is that the brain works on a network basis. Rather than single pathways of electrico-chemical signals; our mind work when networks of connections cause these signals to interact. "Light up" a set of 5,000,000 connections and you get the memory of your 15th birthday party; turn off two or three hundred and turn on a different two or three hundred in their place and you get a reaction to a bee flying by for example. And development of the brain is simply the creation of more connections. Development "upgrades the CPU" so to speak.

Adults have the connections they are going to have; so to think like a genius, if you are capable, you must optimize your brain's function. This means using those connections for thoughts that are productive, and dispensing with illogical pathways. Dispensing with adverse thought patterns, and optimizing your brain's ability to fire up those connections are the best ways to increase your ability to think.

Getting yourself a LOT of houseplants is a great way too...given that atmospheric CO2 is not so high that it actually limits the ability of the brain to fire off those connections.

Buddhism teaches us what we need to do to think like a genius. They go to extremes, but that is likely because most people cannot easily achieve enlightenment due to lack of sufficient brain development. But if you follow their general techniques, you'll be far better off.

Some things you can do in the meantime, besides getting houseplants to process CO2 into O2, include the following:

Eliminate allergens from your diet. These stimulate the brain, but stimulation causes uncontrolled and runaway thought processes. If you are truly interested, I can give you my list of foods I'm allergic to, all of which contain allergens which stimulate us. Basically, get sugar, dairy products, wheat and most other grains, and plant oils out of your diet.

Eliminate undue influence. Stop reading philosophy and start reading factual scientific research or text books. Think for yourself. No more TV, radio, or advertising either.

Eliminate the ego. I can only suggest watching "Revolver" a few times until you get it as a method that worked for me.

Read "How to Meditate" by Lawrence LaShan and try to understand what meditation is, and more importantly, what it isn't. Meditation is very individual, bear that in mind and find what works.

Be curious about EVERYTHING. NEVER take ANYTHING for granted. Never believe anything you are told. Never believe anything you read unless you can indepedently verify it.
oxytocinNA

Post by oxytocinNA »

Warning:

If you take genius to be defined as follows: Being insightful above and beyond the average person in specific or in general ways. To be able to abstract and reason in specific or in general ways above and beyond the average person.

Average people will not realize they no longer fully comprehend you (general), or specialized knowledge you have acquired.
This may initially seem like a strange statement. You will soon find otherwise.
You will become somewhat mysterious. The degree depends on your achievements/progress.

Knowledge and understanding changes you. Knowledge and understanding is beneficial to you, but can/does actually cause social problems.
Z1724v b7zb18xr y38 h24c23