The Superman & Motivation

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Patrick Watts

The Superman & Motivation

Post by Patrick Watts »

Based on my research in endocrinology, the diversity in human personality is quite steep, with a spectrum starting from red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo to violet.

In terms of child raising, I think it would be wise to determine quite early what the child was destined for, approximately. A dispassionate scientist should be easy to spot, so should an entertainer, an athlete, an artist and a common, private person. I think that one would be much more liable to unleash the highest level of potential in each child (the ability to find a personal Tao) if there was some sophisticated method for segregation based on endocrine types. My intention would not be to create homogeneous sectors of society at war with other homogeneous sectors, but to create homogeneous groupings that have functional relations to other groupings, thereby maintaining heterogeneous function and harmony. With the feminization of society (the homogenizing into one single group) I see increasingly unconscious and bland functioning, even a disregard for harmony. It seems as if the average person, deep down, strongly wishes that everyone was the same. Individuality, for the average person, seems to mean nothing more than pea-cocking on the surface, in the trend of fashion, rather than having any kind of inner longevity. I think it all begins with motivation and how differing endocrine types have differing conceptual strategies that manage their feelings. For instance, there are some people who seem very motivated in the direction of public approval and applause. In fact, I think you can create a very useful analytic polarity between those who find motivation strictly from who approves of them, and those who find motivation from their own personal, inward, appreciation of order. I think a love of both truth, inward order and profound aesthetics can create an unusual type of motivation that I don't see society selecting for.

Although I think people should be free to live as Dionysian as they wish, people could be doing a much better job of encouraging the present generation to find their own Tao, their own personal relation to the totality, nature or God. At the moment, the average person is limited to appreciating nature aesthetically, and this apparently is not sufficient to free the human being from his need to be a prostitute and a criminal.

I should add, the desire for approval cannot be overcome through indulging in notoriety, which despite requiring relatively high levels of masculinity, is still based on finding one's identity through public activity.

The fool require stimulation through the occipital lobe, the literal perceiving sphere of consciousness. The highest level of wisdom first touches an inner order, a person mysticism, but then even overthrows it's enslavement to that. Christ-consciousness then becomes like a pendulum between mystical death and rebirth, and loss of that consciousness occurs through attachment to either a literal manifestation or an inner vision.

As the heart comes most alive with appreciation and gratitude, there lies the greatest danger. Pass into death voluntarily, quick.

Infancy as the epoch of the thymus
Childhood as the epoch of the pineal
Adolescence as the epoch of the gonads
Maturity as the epoch of whatever gland is left in control as the
result of the life struggle.
Senility as the epoch of general endocrine deficiency.

- Louis Berman, the Glands Regulating Personality
Cathy Preston

Re: The Superman & Motivation

Post by Cathy Preston »

But then I can't be whatever I want! Oh my God....we are all equal doncha know. What of the ones destined to be con artists or murderers? Segregation would have detrimental effects in itself, although if we send all the future criminals and future law makers and enforcers off together maybe the rest of us can live relatively undisturbed.
Patrick Watts

Post by Patrick Watts »

I'm not really sure children have much hypersensitivity to segregation. For instance, we segregate human beings based on age and grade. Grade primary, grade one, two three, junior high, high school. What children seem to be hypersensitive to is being compared to children who are much different in temperament and innate ability. When we lament why our child can't be more like so and so, we are essentially lamenting in the face of a heterogeneous reality. Rebelling against heterogeneity, rebelling against truth, and abusing children along with it. The tendency toward envy and comparison (and hence, self degradation) seems to increase as you ignore differences and contrive the plebeian cow pastures of total-homogeneity.

Our current grade school system based on age and intellectual performance are clearly class divisions and no one seems to resist to that much. In our own western society we've had and still have all boys and all girls schools, even schools for all blacks. Research in contemporary psychology suggests that creating homogeneity in groupings (all female school, all male school) creates healthier, more emotionally robust adults with greater heterogeneous capacity.

Dr. Leonard Sax, author of Why Gender Matters also goes into length why he thinks African American all-black schools create much less stereotypical African American citizens.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

I guess I responded from my own personal experience where diversity always provided enriching experiences, from my first forays into public school where two cultures clashed, then right into the work force after high school into an industry that attracted immigrants from all over the world. On the other hand group dynamics in my experience are breeding grounds for narrow thinking. That parents ignorantly compare their children like cows at an auction is the problem not diversity.
Patrick Watts

Post by Patrick Watts »

Cathy Preston wrote:I guess I responded from my own personal experience where diversity always provided enriching experiences, from my first forays into public school where two cultures clashed, then right into the work force after high school into an industry that attracted immigrants from all over the world.
From a purely logical standpoint, if we're to consider the fact that each girl is unique in her own way, I think you would have experienced merely a different type of diversity in an all girls school. The diversity would involve more nuance and less gross conflict. You would also have the experience of interacting with boys outside of school, and there would be other programs set into motion independent of school, or in a dynamic with schooling.
On the other hand group dynamics in my experience are breeding grounds for narrow thinking.
Group dynamics that elicit negative reactions from the old part of the brain (overwhelming the young person) would indeed narrow thinking, and that's what we see in these schools where they just throw everyone together randomly like a jail.
That parents ignorantly compare their children like cows at an auction is the problem not diversity.
That's a part of the problem. There are other issues that research has confirmed, such as instinctive tendencies for children to group up with those who are similar to them, and then later, engage in subtle psychological warfare, particularly in regards to issues related to gender, sexual status and race.