With only one consciousness, reality cannot be confirmed.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
NobodyListens2Genius

Re: With only one consciousness, reality cannot be confirmed

Post by NobodyListens2Genius »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
Actually, logic can only clear us of delusion. Logic cannot bring us to realization.
That looks like misinformation.
The realisation is the conclusion afforded by the logical investigation,
comes out of the investigation.
the conclusion is the logic, the realisation is the logic.

Dennis,
Beingof1 was correct. Most of what you know you can't logically prove, describe or deduce. What you know comes from direct insight.

The only way to communicate that knowledge is to refer to the direct insight of others.

That god like ability to receive books worth of information spontaneously without having logically deduced any of it is what makes us so special, and shows that beingof1 was correct, you had the misinformation.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

looks like you've drawn a conclusion.
NobodyListens2Genius

And that conclusion came from direct insight into my own experience of drawing conclusions.

Logic is what we use to interpret what comes from insight.

Thus, meditation and observation is the key to all understanding, as this is the art of tuning in to your direct insight.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

How's it going?
NobodyListens2Genius

Pretty damn good. Couldn't really describe all the benefits to you, but you should take it up as a daily practice. There is no better decision you could make.

"Seeker! Do not be restless. Meditate constantly. Or you will swallow fire And cry out: "No more!' If you are not wise, How can you steady the mind? If you cannot control yourself, What will you ever learn?"
Buddha
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

looks like logic-in-action.
NobodyListens2Genius

"Looks like"

^ looks like direct insight in action.

All logic is a result of insight, correct?

Everything, every logical conclusion, is drawn from and based on direct insight. Language can't be used to describe what you know from insight. Not even thoughts can comprehend what you see or feel. Everything you say, think, do, or logically deduce is all directly due to what you experience through insight. Direct insight is everything, it is the key to all logical knowledge, through meditation, you are observing your experiences and have direct insight into consciousness, reality and feeling. Obviously, undeniably, meditation and observation of our experience, is the groundwork for and the key to all knowledge and all logical conclusions.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

meditation quiets the mind.

see this,
If you cannot control yourself, What will you ever learn?"

the learn bit is a logical investigation.

the logical investigation is 'how it exists'.

direct experience refers to the senses operating unmediated.
eye sees, ear hears, nose smells unmediated.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:I will try to be as simple and clear as possible so that readers can understand my meaning, rather than getting caught up in details or problems they might see.

Real: It exists despite me. If I were gone it would still be there. It was not created by my imagination. Other perspectives can experience it also.

Imaginary: It exists in my mind. If I were gone it would also be gone. It was created by my imagination and I am the only person that has experienced it.

What we must agree on:

Based on this distinction between Real and Imaginary, I hope we can all agree that if only one person existed, he could never distinguish between what was Real or Imaginary as he could never find a second perspective to confirm what he has seen or thought.

The Story:

Chang1 is alone in the desert his whole life and cannot remember how he came to be. His memory only goes so far. Chang1 comes across a man named Chong2. Chang1 doesn’t know if his friend Chong2 is an imaginary friend or a real friend. Chang1 is there his whole life and never sees another person besides Chong2.

Chang1 realizes he can never be sure if his friend is real or imaginary as he’s never met anyone else who could verify Chong2’s existence. Chong2 seems to think he’s real, but Chang1 is smart enough to doubt, keeping in mind chong2 could be part of his experience and imagination.

Chang1 and Chong2 come across another man in the desert named Chung3. Chang1 thinks: *Finally I can find out if Chong2 is real by asking Chung3!*

But before Chang1 asks Chung3 he realizes that whatever Chung3’s answer is, it wouldn’t verify Chong2’s existence, as Chung3 and Chong2 might BOTH be imaginary.

Chang1 is at a loss. He doesn’t know what to think anymore and starts to doubt everything that he sees, he realizes that without any other verifiable perspectives to confirm what he sees, he can never be sure if anything he thinks or sees is real or imaginary. He realizes that just because he can see it and feel it, this does not confirm its existence in anyway because he does not know if he can trust his own senses, as they too may be imaginary. He knows he can have imaginary senses in dreams so this idea sounds very possible to him. He also knows he can create illusionary scenarios in dreams and believe they are real at the time.

Chang1 then leaves the desert and finds a whole world full of 6 billion other people, but despite their constant confirmation, complexity, and consistency, this is not enough to relieve chang1 of his doubt. He does not know if all 6 billion other people and the world are imaginary or real.

Chang1 then starts to live life believing that everything is imaginary, as he can never confirm its existence, and believing in something with zero confirmation is the same as saying that any illusion you see must be real, even if you are the only one that can see it.

Chang1 then realizes that all ideas he had thought of before, including the ideas of death, beginnings and ends, reasons and even his own logic, are all only ideas that he himself had or experienced. And with no confirmation, as he only has one perspective, he realizes that all of the ideas must be considered as false, until at least one single piece of evidence can point toward them being real.

The end.

In short, how can I know that anything I experience, including this forum, my girlfriend, and other people’s ideas are real or Imaginary?

I only have my perspective and therefore everything I know comes from me.

I cannot think of one single shred of evidence that points toward this experience being Real.

An illusion is still an illusion if it is complex, consistent or convincing.

I can talk to people in dreams, but they are born from me.

My question is, what is something that would point to this reality and the people in it being Real?

You MUST try and come up with this evidence while pretending that you were the only person in existence.

( Think your answer over before posting, as many times I have thought of reasons only to remember my own logic cannot be confirmed.)
You can't prove that everything is real, but you can determine a Universe to be made from real physics even if it isn't this one. When you fully understand the Universe, there is only one way to create it, and therefore, if this reality is false, you have a fully working model template in your head. With a working template you can only ask.. "If this isn't a real Universe, and the people aren't real, then why do I have the inventiveness to create the physics of a real Universe in my head?" Having solved the Theory Of Everything I sometime wonder if this is a simulation. If this is a simulation, and it includes the Big Bang as a starting point, then the simulation has been made from unnatural physics created inside a computer a bit like Mario World. You can't create a Universe from a Big Bang, it is unnatural, I have the real physics worked out. So is this a faulty simulation, or is it a real Universe full of stupid scientists?