New blog site: Genius Realms

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Unidian

Re: New blog site: Genius Realms

Post by Unidian »

Be very careful of drug experiences, particularly weed and LSD. They can so easily deceive the mind, and they can lead you to think that you are far more enlightened than you really are.

"You reached for the secret too soon", sang Roger Waters of Syd Barrett's downfall.
I will second this, for my part. I have never used hallucinogenics but have used other "substances" which can cause one to "meet God" momentarily, but the effect does not last. Drugs are a bad way to go, and I would recommend them only for the most feeble-minded who have no hope of insight otherwrise. I know that David was a pot smoker for a fairly brief period, and "someone who isn't me" has also experimented with the synthetic pot - which is actually up to up to 800 times more potent than natural THC. Needless to say, a big hit of that can put "someone who isn't me" in quite a zoned-out state - but it is important to recognize everything that appears as merely projections of the mind (aka "delusions") and nothing more, or confusion may result.

Even though it may contain a good deal of superstitious nonsense, I would recommened reading the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" thoroughly before trying any drug experience aimed in a spiritual direction. You don't have to take it literally, but it will certainly help you understand that whatever appears to you is merely another projection of the mind, and you should shoot for the perfect immediate clarity of reality - even if it becomes almosy unbearably close to you due to your brain state. That's when the magic will happen, if at all. One has to learn to tolerate reality to have any chance of enlightenment, I think.

I think David knows more about this than he prefers to let on, at least frequently."Someone who isn't him" knows of what I speak.
I live in a tub.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

As it appears that many of the links to David's early literary works are down on his main website (theabsolute.net/dquinn), I've uploaded a copy of the website files that I've downloaded some time ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b49ffu4hg8rq9 ... e.zip?dl=0

Also missing is Genius News which is full of good articles and conversations (EDIT: actually, this site is working fine, Quinn's link has gone bad. Access it from geniusrealms.com):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dparyvpn3emoj ... s.zip?dl=0

To view these sites, unpack the zip files and find the index.html file within the main folder.

David's "Wisdom of the Infinite" isn't working right in those files, so I've created it's own PDF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyg5wptv7o1owxo/WotI.pdf?dl=0
Christoph B.

Post by Christoph B. »

Davids site can also be browsed on the internet archive: (cannot post a link because I'm a new user, just google it)
This backup seems to be complete, except for the pictures. Still, it's a shame that the original site is gone
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Welcome Christoph & thanks! After your first post and 24 hours your restriction should be gone. There's a general one for maximum of three links.

David's site complete at Wayback Machine
Wisdom of the Infinite at Scribd
Woman - An Exposition for the Advanced Mind (1993) at the Internet Archive
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Letters Between Enemies at Kevin's minefield.
The Limitations of Academic Intelligence at Kelly's blog

Thank you Russell for providing those backups!

UPDATE: All of Quinn's pages are accessable at the Natural Thinker website.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

What has happened to David Quinn since the Genius Realms blog posts?

Has he written anything recently?