One

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dionysus

One

Post by Dionysus »

Were the human being not a human being, would not the world present itself in an entirely different fashion? Envisage yourself not being human, but being the world itself, were you the world itself, would not everything be ONE indivisible, inseparable, unified being? What is knowable, beyond any certainty, beyond all doubt, is that the world, as is presented to our human consciousness, through our sense perception, is not the way it REALLY IS. Were the world devoid of human beings, were the point from which your consciousness is started to be the center of the world, were your consciousness embedded within the world itself, from the point of view of the world itself, then the world would not be a multiplicity, the world would be.. ONE...
Cahoot

Re: One

Post by Cahoot »

Since oneness is one awareness perceiving within compounded multiplicities, apprehension of multiplicity as oneness hinges on the capacity of each particular to apprehend oneness.

To a mole the world is dirt. The mole moves in the same dimensions of space as the bird, with different limitations. Both mole and bird, and man, know what they know of oneness according to their differing capacities and through the limitations of those capacities, though each primarily experiences an environment different from one another's experience.

The mole god transcends all mole limitations to be the best digger. The bird god transcends all limitations of flight. The human god transcends all limitations of prediction.

It is known about man, by man, that man has a reasoning capacity superior to other creatures which enables him to accurately infer, and improve his lot, via accurate predictions. The capacity of reason is considered by man to be the distinguishing factor that gives man and all other creatures the capacity to know oneness, and that all creatures including man are limited in the knowing according to the limitations of their reasoning capacity.

Inference would suggest that moles and birds might disagree with this consideration if they could, but who knows for sure. A bird might think that oneness can only be apprehended by that which is mole, a mole might think the same about bird.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

The Catalist Phantomn wolf~

Wally Walmart
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

if john lennon delved into the epistemological and metaphysical...

oneness is merely a product of societal labels. if humans were non-existent then oneness would defined by the universe. i am the universe, i am infinite. obviously my 'oneness' can be infinitely broken down, but that's old news by now. the world of singularity is a world of monotony.

ostensibly, this isn't very insightful. mainly due to the fact that any insight that can be provided cannot be materialized in the human mind. an event does not exist unless it is observed. again, i find the constraints of the human mind too impervious.

how can we enjoy the world if nobody knows we are?
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Gurrb wrote:~
if john lennon delved into the epistemological and metaphysical...

oneness is merely a product of societal labels. if humans were non-existent then oneness would defined by the universe. i am the universe, i am infinite. obviously my 'oneness' can be infinitely broken down, but that's old news by now. the world of singularity is a world of monotony.

ostensibly, this isn't very insightful. mainly due to the fact that any insight that can be provided cannot be materialized in the human mind. an event does not exist unless it is observed. again, i find the constraints of the human mind too impervious.

how can we enjoy the world if nobody knows we are?
Wally Walmart

...if oneness is merely a product of societal labels, then where is the origin of those societal labels, what is the origin of those societal labels that came forth with an idea as such? Would you say that those societal labels had no origin of themselves, perhaps a mere superstition? John Lennon did not come up with the idea, rather it was a long tradition of philosophical thought that stretches east and west, in the practices of the Buddhas, the Vedanta, the preachings of Confucius, the Sufi, the German Idealist tradition. Philosophers like Schopenhauer, Schelling, Hegel, Josiah Royce... .. Perhaps an idea, inspired by the works of philosophical inquiry, manages to make its way into society== to become POPULIST and DEGENERATE, promulgated into SUPERSTITION. Is that not the ultimate destiny of any idea, religion, doctrine that reaches the masses?
I don't know what u mean with singularity, and for that matter, the dominant paradigm, the collective view is that of the mechanical philosophy (if u don't agree, get ur facts right). The Mechanical philosophy is embedded in everything, has caused the alienation of man from nature, the elimination of value and the eventual death of god. There is an important gap to be filled, where GOD has died, the world needs a new paradigm, a new worldview, something to pull us out of the recesses of mechanism, nihilism and the death of value and the restoration of the relation of man to man, to nature, and to the divine. The first step is to acknowledge the work Socrates did with the Subject/Object split that HE HIMSELF CREATED! It was out of the mind of Socrates that the advent of non-participatory consciousness was incepted. It was Plato that promulgated the conception of a personal god, dissected away from the world, for Christianity (Platonism for the masses) to come forth with the most degenerate of transvaluations in human value;; the creation of value that is the anti-thesis of LIFE. Then comes the Renaissance, the anti-thesis of the Dark Ages as an attempt to salvage the world of the Darkness that took hold of it as a result of the Church and its power. The works of Descartes.Bacon, Galileo and Sir Isaac Newton will bring forth the mechanical philosophy, something that manages to bring forth much improvement in livelihood, but, comes at the cost of the loss of the soul in man... We have sacrificed the spirit in man in search of material possesion;; quality is now quantity;;; value is now price;;; we are disconnected, we are lost, we know not meaning nor purpose;; This is Non-Participation; We have forgotten the Unity that is the world. we have promulgated into the death of god and value. What can pull us out from the clutches of Nihilism and Materialism?
Edevil

Post by Edevil »

Grrrrb
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Ok, here's a heads-up, people. There are way too many meaningless and gibberish posts (and occasionally entire threads) appearing in the forum these days. Please be aware I will from this point be deleting them on sight entirely at my own discretion.

Dan Rowden
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dan Rowden wrote:Ok, here's a heads-up, people. There are way too many meaningless and gibberish posts (and occasionally entire threads) appearing in the forum these days. Please be aware I will from this point be deleting them on sight entirely at my own discretion.

But wouldn't that upset the Cosmic Rabbit from whose nose flows the glue that joins all things together?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I'll take that risk.
SharpestNight

Post by SharpestNight »

Dionysus wrote:were you the world itself, would not everything be ONE indivisible, inseparable, unified being?
It already is, even from a human perspective. Just as all the countless atoms and particles that make up by body form one being. The difference is that I can be broken down and reconstituted into other things, whereas the universe by definition cannot.
What is knowable, beyond any certainty, beyond all doubt, is that the world, as is presented to our human consciousness, through our sense perception, is not the way it REALLY IS.
What makes you say that? How can you know, beyond ALL doubt, that the world isn't exactly what it looks like?
SuperMegaUltraGenius

Post by SuperMegaUltraGenius »

Sure we can imagine what it would be like to be a disembodied consciousness at the center of the universe but at the end of the day we have to come back down to earth and rely on our 'faulty' human perceptions, because that's all we have. It may not be the TRUE reality but it is the only reality.