Monomyth

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Talking Ass

Re: Monomyth

Post by Talking Ass »

I'm an ass of many questions and a many questioned ass...and thank you, btw.
fiat mihi
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

The Totality is infinite, unbounded, mind appearing as sentient (conscious) or non-sentient (unconscious).

Such human hubris to judge the [infinite] consciousness of God or Totality as being one of consciousness and unconsciousness. When can there be a moment when Infinite Mind is unconscious? You are not alone in this most limited and human-centric view of Infinite Mind, it is the ruling view here on the Genius Forum.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

movingalways wrote:
The Totality is infinite, unbounded, mind appearing as sentient (conscious) or non-sentient (unconscious).

Such human hubris to judge the [infinite] consciousness of God or Totality as being one of consciousness and unconsciousness. When can there be a moment when Infinite Mind is unconscious? You are not alone in this most limited and human-centric view of Infinite Mind, it is the ruling view here on the Genius Forum.
There is no judgment involved, how conscious are you when you sleep? how conscious are you of your bodily functions. The Totality can't be the Totality if it isn't the appearance of you too, otherwise it would be the Everything but movingalways and movingalways. Two separate things, no Totality.

ps: your welcome Ass.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Cathy Preston: There is no judgment involved, how conscious are you when you sleep? how conscious are you of your bodily functions. The Totality can't be the Totality if it isn't the appearance of you too, otherwise it would be the Everything but movingalways and movingalways. Two separate things, no Totality.

How conscious are you when you sleep?
I am not saying that my body is not an appearance of the Totality, I am not saying I am separate from the Totality, this is what I meant by speaking of being an extension of, or an emanation of, the Totality. But, in order to be so, there can no moment when the Totality is unconscious. Rest is not unconsciousness. While I sleep, as you so correctly pointed out, my heart remains beating, does it not? How can That which beats my heart, be unconscious? How can That which moves my dreams, be unconscious? Understanding the Source to be unconscious, and then, to be conscious from this unconsciousness, is not only very poor logic, it is insane thinking.

You didn't answer my question about what you meant when you said you wanted to overcome the world. Is not the world, the appearance? And, if the Totality is the appearance, the world, and the appearance, the world, is the Totality, how will you overcome it? Also, it was you who said "Something higher is calling each of us every moment, it's the degree to which we believe in the world that we miss this calling." If the Something is calling, how can it be unconscious, and how do we stop believing in the world if the Totality is the world?

I am come from the light to dispel the ignorance of belief in its darkness.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

as far as the Unconscious goes....even though there are unconscious things...they/it too, are the Totality. A rock is not sentient, yet is still
the Totality. An Unconscious person, is still the Totality. Good, Bad, Ugly, Conscious/Unconscious....All are the Totality !

Nothing is separate.
Duality is non-existent.

Where would something go (separate) to ?
It's ALL HERE/THERE/EVERYWHERE/NOWHERE.

UNCONSCIOUS is a concept.
All concepts are equal, in that they are conceptual figments of imagination.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

movingalways wrote: I am not saying that my body is not an appearance of the Totality, I am not saying I am separate from the Totality, this is what I meant by speaking of being an extension of, or an emanation of, the Totality. But, in order to be so, there can no moment when the Totality is unconscious. Rest is not unconsciousness. While I sleep, as you so correctly pointed out, my heart remains beating, does it not? How can That which beats my heart, be unconscious? How can That which moves my dreams, be unconscious? Understanding the Source to be unconscious, and then, to be conscious from this unconsciousness, is not only very poor logic, it is insane thinking.

There is no heart, no blood, no body, no world, no you, there is only Infinite, unbounded Mind appearing either conscious or unconscious, appearing as you, as the world, as the body, as the blood, as the heart.
How can That which moves my dreams, be unconscious? Understanding the Source to be unconscious, and then, to be conscious from this unconsciousness, is not only very poor logic, it is insane thinking.

When you dream, do you consciously have to beat the hearts of living things in the dream? No because they don't exist, they only appear to exist while you are in the dream. When you wake from the dream, you understand it was all in your mind, all that appeared real in the dream was just an illusion.
movingalways wrote:You didn't answer my question about what you meant when you said you wanted to overcome the world. Is not the world, the appearance? And, if the Totality is the appearance, the world, and the appearance, the world, is the Totality, how will you overcome it? Also, it was you who said "Something higher is calling each of us every moment, it's the degree to which we believe in the world that we miss this calling." If the Something is calling, how can it be unconscious, and how do we stop believing in the world if the Totality is the world?
The world is overcome by realizing you are a dream character, in a dream world, just as in your own dream above you understand your dream characters aren't real. Appearance = "outward look." Outwardly the world looks like a world, inwardly there is only infinite mind, no world, no you. Something higher calling is symbolic for what seems to be a real journey, through a real world, by a real person to the understanding that there is only Infinite unbounded Mind.
movingalways wrote:I am come from the light to dispel the ignorance of belief in its darkness.
If there is only ONE thing, where would you be coming from, or going to? Who believes light is darkness? Darkness is darkness, light is light, and neither exist in the way you think they do.

I think we've beat this horse to death, now we're just going round in circles, my words just creating confusion. I will leave you with this; When we think we know everything we cut ourselves off from new understanding. Like pouring water into a full pitcher, it just flows around, wasted.
@
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

This goes out to those who finally get their definitions right! Good Luck!
fiat mihi
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Cathy Preston: I think we've beat this horse to death, now we're just going round in circles, my words just creating confusion. I will leave you with this; When we think we know everything we cut ourselves off from new understanding. Like pouring water into a full pitcher, it just flows around, wasted.
You took the words right out of my mouth! Blessings!

I will, however, leave you with this one thought. The phrase "I think" is the phrase of doubt. By dropping it, one speaks their truth and nothing but their truth. :-)
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

TA, pass it over to me, but no "I thinks", please!
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

"I think we've beat this horse to death..."
Cathy! Some of my best friends are horses...
fiat mihi