Stolen From Another Forum

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
uncledote

Stolen From Another Forum

Post by uncledote »

Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?
Dan Rowden

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dan Rowden »

2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

This prick waving intellectual junkyard
looks like you busted your own rules
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
This prick waving intellectual junkyard
looks like you busted your own rules

Put it back in your trousers.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.

ha ha ; )
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

uncledote wrote:Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?
You have a point, i've been guilty of the crime on occasion as have many others. I think it stems from having too many different people in one place, the overall inability to communicate without irrational violence due to a thought of not being percieved. However irrational is irrational, and unfortuantely rational doesn't hang out with irrational except to a drunken observer..
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.
Since you decided to rat me out, how about telling the gossipy details, Dan?
Don't run to your death
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Dan Rowden wrote:Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.
This doesn't mean we'll be taking long showers together until the wee hours of the morning.
Don't run to your death
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Well, that's good. I don't think either of us needs to be more wrinkly than we are now.