Core Webworks presents "Search & Destroy" featuring QRS

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

"Search & Destroy"

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Alex Jacob wrote: Your recent posts have opened my eyes to not a different person but a fuller peeson than I'd imagined. I am very interested in what your recent experiences have been about. )
I think you can appreciate this more than anyone here - to understand what my experiences are about would require a very good novel. I'm writing a novel in the same tradition as John Steinbeck's East of Eden. But in my case, I'm retelling the story of Apollo, Daphne and Cupid, and it will be written from the perspective of Secular Atheism 2.0.

Secular Atheism 2.0 obliterates Richard Dawkins, Hithcens and Sam Harris.

Mind is the very basis of reality, and Atheism 1.0 is profoundly flawed, as it has become a mainstream fad that allows for every form of submission imaginable.

I meet Atheists all the time, many of them mindless young women. It's so easy a caveman could do it.

See my new thread:

Apollonian Philosophy & QRS
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Jacob

Re: Core Webworks presents "Search & Destroy" featuring QRS

Post by Alex Jacob »

Sounds interesting. But just as for Steinbeck that most symbolically-driven novel ensconsed itself in biblical morality, will you infuse your own with Greek mythology and philosophy? Also will Daphne represent the human inspiration for the tale? Love, especially love gone awry, tends to have a strong affect on a person. Recovery measured in years...
Ni ange, ni bête
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

You'll have to wait and see. :)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
jupiviv wrote:If that is spirituality then the amazing atheist is a Buddha.
more passive aggression. Again, you guys have got to put your insecurities aside and do some psychology with me.

There's no passive aggression in what I wrote. My point was very clear - the video does not indicate any kind of spirituality. Personally, I think that if you want to become popular on youtube you have to make some videos with something more than annoying music, text and images in them.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

If I want to be popular on youtube? Cool premise, bro.

You will be low on my priority list.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Cory Duchesne wrote:If I want to be popular on youtube? Cool premise, bro.

You will be low in my priority list.
Straightaway, Corey. Jupiviv, she has a lucid point.

The musical selection is less-than-stellar. Too heavy metal (and I grew up with (the long version of) 'The Pusher' by Steppenwolf, 'Helter Skelter' the Beatles, Black Sabbath etc) the wrong "music" makes the text difficult to follow.

Seriously, I'd have to be tripping on LSD to watch a few times.

I've never been on psychiatric drugs maybe that would do the trick but...

Instead, have the images slowly fade in and out with the graphics all (or nearly) the same size. For instance, the frog and leaf were too small in comparison with those male Star Trek characters. The Trek dudes are so yesterday (cartoonish) to convey to kids coming along now. The writing need be cursive or straight. Mixing the different doesn't cut it with the brain. They appear too fast and a half-second one cannot digest the meaning.

That prolly means adding another minute to the music because each image appears for too short a time. Fade in image - fade image out to the next.

Too much input (brain sensory overload) dulls the senses. Too flashy.

Slow the music down but not necessarily like Pink Floyd or the Moody Blues. I don't much go in the the newer stuff because there is .. just-so-much-out-there.

When I go to the local 'Budget Tape and Records', I'll buy 20-50 used Cd's every time there. I cover many music genre plus, they are 10 Cd's for $5 bucks. The girlfriend (of 45 years) says I must have 10,000 Cd's and, at least, a thousand I haven't even peeled the cellophane off, I'd say a few more but who's counting. Prolly two of ten Cd's are worthy of listening to a second time and a couple more Cd's maybe have one catchy tune to them. The rest make for skeet shooting at the local gun club ;-/

If you understand where I am coming from, it is difficult to keep up with my music Cd binge-buying (and listening to all those) much less take the time to check out your video production assembly line.

"Never trust anyone over thirty" -- That is timeless..

PS - I liked the Valentine tune. I liked their original version where the band is the video. I'd heard of them but they are so yesterday - 1998. That's decades ago.

Just feedback, my friend ;-)
Don't run to your death
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

It's a very trivial production I made for practice in Adobe Premiere, and perhaps will use it as a troll on facebook.

You people are idiots. :) You have no clue. That you would even waste time writing as much as you have about this shit video just shows how insane you are.

"Unfortunately, Nietzsche (however superior he is to the man I have in mind) seems to have devoted himself chiefly to what he thought would shock the public. He is at his best when he is most unmindful of effect. His was the vanity of the mirror, saying to what it reflects, "See how faithfully I show you your image." In youth when a man is not yet certain of himself he may try to secure his own position by jostling others. Great men, however, are painfully aggressive only from necessity. They are not like a girl who is most pleased about a new dress because she knows that it will annoy her friends." (Weininger)

Although a goddess of war, Athena gets no pleasure from battle... but rather from settling disputes , and upholding the law by pacific means. She bears no arms in time of peace, if ever she needs any, will usually borrow a set from Zeus. Her mercy is great, yet, once engaged in battle, she never loses the day, even against Ares himself, being better grounded in tactics and strategy than he; and wise captains always approach her for advice. (The Greek Myths, vol 1, Robert Graves)

--

“Against war it can be said; it makes the victor stupid, the defeated malicious. In favour of war: through producing these two effects it barbarizes and therefore makes more natural; it is the winter or hibernation-time of culture, mankind emerges from it stronger for good and evil.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)

--

Without war human beings stagnate in comfort and affluence and lose the capacity for great thoughts and feelings. They become cynical and subside into barbarism.
(fyodor dostoyevsky)
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Cory Duchesne wrote:It's a very trivial production I made for practice in Adobe Premiere, and perhaps will use it as a troll on facebook.

You people are idiots. :) You have no clue. That you would even waste time writing as much as you have about this shit video just shows how insane you are.
I do have a clue.
The girlfriend and I have successfully raised five children older than you. Our sixth is your age. We've heard every thing you've said 2,492,015 times. One of our adult children was and still is into country/western and that was not easy to hear (while she resided) in the house.

If it's such a crap why are you shoveling your shit on Genius. Why not post this on Worldly Matters?
Don't run to your death
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Perhaps discuss the excellent quotes that are contained in the video? Your breeding achievements do not impress me.

And I certainly wouldn't expect a philosophical effort or discussion from you. I got tired of your nonsense many years ago.

I will not be replying to anything else you say, goodbye.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Perhaps discuss the excellent quotes that are contained in the video? Your breeding achievements do not impress me.
The 'excellent quotes' flash for a mili-second. That's a part of the criticism what Cousinbasil and Jupiviv were making.

One would have to run the video in slow-motion to have any conception of what you are trying to convey, which makes your production dead on arrival here at Genius.

Get a grip on life. Why do you think David commented even he couldn't follow your line of reasoning.

All your old-boy butt buddies have moved on from here.

There a new bunch here that ignore you.

Lean on old Uncle Alex. He feels for you. He feels your pain.
Don't run to your death
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Lots of passive aggression from you, Cory. It makes sense that people who are being passive aggressive towards others will see those others as being passive aggressive towards themselves.

So you basically agree with us that the video is shit, and this means we are idiots without a clue?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

The video was never the point of discussion alone, it's connected to many projects that are infinitely more significant than a practice video. I've described what I'm doing in other threads, and I will not be engaging in word games with you. You're lazy.

And I'm not passive aggressive, I am just plain aggressive.

Perhaps we'll talk more seriously in the future, I didn't come to GF to stay very long, there are other matters.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Cory Duchesne wrote:The video was never the point of discussion alone, it's connected to many projects that are infinitely more significant than a practice video.
Regardless of whether it was a practice video, it indicates no measure of spirituality, which is my point. Even a practice video made by a person genuinely interested in spirituality would have some degree of spirituality.
And I'm not passive aggressive, I am just plain aggressive.

So you're admitting you are aggressive - that's a good thing. However, you won't go very far in philosophy by being aggressive in the emotional sense. Rather, you should be aggressive towards your attachments.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

[In the spirit of the 'ruthless frankness' that is supposedly one of the necessary traits.or qualities of a man seeking knowledge, strength, integrity, clarity, and the like, I would have to concur that engagement with Sherrif Tomas and L'il Jupi is basically (though not totally and completely) a waste of time. From where I sit one would gain little by continuing to engage in 'conversation'. Also, I think aggression can be an expression of discrimination. All of Jupi's thi king can be summed up with one 500 word post. Tomas is...little more than 'intellectual psychosis', a back-and-forth between violent aggression and crackpot chit-chat. Both deserve spankings.]
Ni ange, ni bête
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Jesus Christ wrote:This place is in truth a brood of vipers.
I guess that is just what happens when one eats from the tree of knowledge.
Banish us from the forum lest we eat from the Tree of knowledge and become like the gods.

The Adam and Eve story would have to be one of the sickest parts of propaganda in a very sick book, promoted by even sicker sycophants. Then again buddhists have a partly similar thing concerning the dangers of knowledge in relation to enlightenment. Maybe all god feeling/enlightenment is complete submission to an X, and any X will do as long as it is not recognised as the self (though the self is all it can be).