In everything I do ....

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: In everything I do ....

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Kunga wrote:Surely you induge in something equally frivious to what a woman does.
Taking care of yourself the way you described earlier is perhaps selfish but certainly does not have to be frivolous. That's not what I meant with selfish. But it's not always easy to penetrate the meanings. It seems you get distracted pretty fast with banalities and side-issues in a conversation. Focus on the gist, the main line and master it. This is what is meant with becoming a man. This is what I meant with "having a conversation" in this place.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Talkin' about 'mindfulness' Kunga.

A masculine condition that experiences freedom despite conditions.

The feminine way depends on things and conditions.
I did have my nails done today though
not to attract anyone... but myself.
I love to feel myself and play with my soft silky feet .
depends on nails
depends on manicurists
depends on money
depends on soft silky feet

soft, silky feet grow old, gnarly, crippled,
money runs out,
manicurists get more expensive.

feminine gets afraid.
'love' sours.

every little thing has to be 'just so' for a woman.
ever restless.
hahaha
unbound
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: Because it's toxic. I dare you to drink the whole cup. And at the same time I'm suggesting you should perhaps not be here, such a sensitive incubating soul seeking knowledge, let alone pretending some.
I have no desire to be a man or act like a man or look like a man.
Your vibrational energy is full of hatred, and you spill your toxic energy around trying to pass it off as wisdom.
I won't accept your toxic drug of hatred.
A good teacher knows the mind of their students, and what should be in their cup to drink.

Fill your heart with love and compassion, then give me whatever you put in that cup and i will drink it.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Vaginas are Man-eaters.

You know the drill Kunga.
Quit muckin' about.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Vaginas are Man-eaters.

You know the drill Kunga.
Quit muckin' about.

Sex repulses me.
Love (compassion)
turns me on.
A man with a heart & brains is a true man.
A man with only brains is not a man, but a freak of nature.

To make it easier for you , just think of me as sexless. (not a woman or man, but a spiritual being)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Love and compassion are distinguished. not the same. Genuine, lasting love is of absolutes, such as:

Wisdom, Peace, Authentic expression, Truthfulness, Freedom.

Love of people and/or things is attachment,
merely pleasurable feelings.
temporal, conditional, relative.

Compassion is more of a mental event.
Noticing how a person is suffering needlessly and the faulty logic causing that suffering and being available as a discloser of the faulty logic.

Compassion is a disposedness,
a disposedness to end unnecessary suffering.
Feelings are either of pleasure, pain or neutral.
Detachment is neutral.

Neutrally disposed.
Compassion is born of mental clarity, which itself is born of detachedness.
Calm abiding.

Feelings, emotions of a mind on fire sacrifices mental clarity.

Compassion is a clear cut mental event.

Access your Manhood Kunga!

Although, by distinguishing, we are effectively 'splitting up' existence,
which we do anyway, by the by, action of sentience.

It's Wisdom that distinguishes magnificently.

It's by such distinctions that Wisdom affords,
do we truly 'come alive'.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote: I have no desire to be a man or act like a man or look like a man.
At least get serious for a moment or two. Half way there!

....vibrational energy....
Sounds more like another of your claimed "frivolous activities". In reality you just don't like what I say. Don't you ever think you might sound disturbed and hatefull? Just take a step back and read your own tone and vibe. It's always better to question ones own energy first.

Fill your heart with love and compassion, then give me whatever you put in that cup and i will drink it.
You're confusing love with attention. Looking for the wrong things in the wrong places. Again?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Diebert,

Do you 'get' compassion as a disposition.
As a 'being disposed toward' mental clarity where the feeling tone 'neutral' is necessary to pick up the subtle nuances..

The colour of love or 'endorphin feeling flood' may communicate satisfactorily on an emotional level as a reassuring phenomenon...
except that in the moment people tend to 'just want to stay with that' as if it's enough and are unwilling to pursue the broken algebra which is really the cause of the suffering.

The cliche,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need.
doesn't cut it in a results based culture.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:But Kunga, you know these are pygmies with an extremely short life expectancy, don't you?
Relevance?
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:It's also interesting here that men still tend to hunt alone, using bows and guns while the women hunt - effeciently and deadly as it may be - in packs using machetes. Which only underlines Dennis' main thrust. Thanks K!
"Thrust" is an interesting choice of word when you are one of two men arguing to a lone woman that she is part of the weaker sex.

In any case, Dennis's contention was that women remain housebound, "chattering like monkeys about 'feelings' and other psychological dramas", out of fear. As charming, respectful and modern as this contention is, I don't see it "underlined" by what Kunga posted: what part of her post indicates that the women were "fearful" to hunt alone? Even if it is true that women are in general more relational than men, it appears that in this case it works to their advantage, which only goes to show that relational skill can be a strength, and is not necessarily a weakness.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Love and compassion are distinguished. not the same. Genuine, lasting love is of absolutes, such as:

I equate love as the same as compassion....you are just parrotting what the latest fad-definition of love is....like everyone else that is attached to the mundane/sheeple/ordinary definition of love) REAL LOVE IS NOT BEING ATTACHED...BUT YOU ASSOCIATE THE WORD LOVE WITH ATTACHMENT, BECAUSE YOU ARE ATTACHED TO THAT WRONG DEFINITION/UNDERSTANDING OF REAL LOVE.

Wisdom, Peace, Authentic expression, Truthfulness, Freedom.

Love of people and/or things is attachment,
merely pleasurable feelings.
temporal, conditional, relative.

Compassion is more of a mental event.
Noticing how a person is suffering needlessly and the faulty logic causing that suffering and being available as a discloser of the faulty logic.

Compassion is a disposedness,
a disposedness to end unnecessary suffering.
Feelings are either of pleasure, pain or neutral.
Detachment is neutral.

Neutrally disposed.
Compassion is born of mental clarity, which itself is born of detachedness.
Calm abiding.

Feelings, emotions of a mind on fire sacrifices mental clarity.

LITTLE DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE USING YOUR EMOTIONS AND FEELINGS TO EXPRESS THIS...YOU ARE BRAINWASHED INTO THIS THINKING OF YOURS....A MAN OR WOMAN ON FIRE IS VERY CLEAR .....PASSION CAN MAKE YOU FOCUS TO HAVE MENTAL CLAIRITY....ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT ANYTHING ? YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY HERE AREN'T YOU ?

Compassion is a clear cut mental event.
YES....YOU ACTUALLY DON'T EVEN NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT...IT COMES NATURALLY/SPONTANEOUSLY

Access your Manhood Kunga!

THERE IS NO MAN WITHOUT WOMAN...ACCESS YOUR WOMANHOOD :) !

Although, by distinguishing, we are effectively 'splitting up' existence,
which we do anyway, by the by, action of sentience.

YOU NEED TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES SOMETIMES TO NAVIGATE IN THIS WORLD....EVEN THOUGH YOU THINK IT'S SEPARATE BY DISTINGUISHING...WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING IS ACTUALLY SEPARATE, YOU CAN RELAX AND JUST BE YOURSELF....IT'S ALL GOOD...

It's Wisdom that distinguishes magnificently.
YEAH...LIKE WHAT I JUST SAID ABOVE.

It's by such distinctions that Wisdom affords,
do we truly 'come alive'.
THAT'S HOW I FEEL.....FREE.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Kunga wrote: I have no desire to be a man or act like a man or look like a man.
At least get serious for a moment or two. Half way there!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA...A WOMAN WILL DO ANYTHING TO HIDE OR MASK HER MASCULINITY...SHE CONSIDERS IT UGLY TO HAVE FACIAL HAIR AND FART...

....vibrational energy....
Sounds more like another of your claimed "frivolous activities". In reality you just don't like what I say. Don't you ever think you might sound disturbed and hatefull? Just take a step back and read your own tone and vibe. It's always better to question ones own energy first.

EVERYTHING IS ENERGY, EVERYTHING VIBRATES, YOU NEED TO REGENERATE YOUR BODY/MIND WITH LIVING FOOD/....YOUR EATTING HABITS ARE ATTROCIOUS....YOU ARE STUCK IN A OLD MANS MIND....I SAW YOUR FACE...YOU ARE VERY GOOD LOOKING TOO....DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH ..YOU LOVE EXPENSIVE BOOZE .

YES...I'LL ADMIT MY ENERGY WAS CONDENSENDING YOURS....IT RUBS OFF DOSN'T IT ? WE ALL AFFECT EACH OTHER BY WHAT WE SAY AND DO TOWARDS EACH OTHER.....I'M SORRY IF I HURT YOU IN ANY WAY....SOMETIMES I JUST WANNA LASH OUT WHEN I'VE BEEN HURT.

You're confusing love with attention. Looking for the wrong things in the wrong places. Again?
NO...I GET ENOUGH UNWANTED ATTENSION....I AM SURROUNDED BY CONFUSED AND TOXIC PEOPLE ALL THE TIME....I GET SO SICK OF IT....IT'S RARE TO FIND ANYONE ENERGIZING AND REFRESHING.....LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR...I WANNA TALK TO A MAN LIKE KHALIL GIBRAN...WEININGER CAN GO FLY A KITE !
Last edited by Kunga on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote: Do you 'get' compassion as a disposition.
As a 'being disposed toward' mental clarity where the feeling tone 'neutral' is necessary to pick up the subtle nuances..
Clarity that could lead to being in tune with the basic dispositions of all others, their faults as well as their possibilities. This is not based on some private information but on the universal situation. Then whenever words are faced that express - between the dots and stripes - pain and confusion, something could be returned that lays out an understanding, a reflection of the pain but it might sting for a bit when applied. Problem is that people are not used to stab themselves once in a while, to give themselves the am-I-really-awake-pinch each and every moment. It's existential pain averseness (see also Sartre for the widest exploration of this).

Generally painful statements provoke more painful statements. Fire fights fire until its' extinguished. Truly compassionate people understand the process.
Diebert van Rhijn

guest_of_logic wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:But Kunga, you know these are pygmies with an extremely short life expectancy, don't you?
Relevance?
Perhaps just a joke? It also emphasizes this is a fringe type of culture. What was the relevance of bringing them up in the first place? That would be a better question if truth was a concern.
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
"Thrust" is an interesting choice of word when you are one of two men arguing to a lone woman that she is part of the weaker sex.
Yeah. Not sure what thrust has to do with weakness and strength of a complete sex. Perhaps you can draw a pictograph to explain it? And "lone woman". That would mean she's a man but I'm glad she has you to protect to protect her against all the "attackers"!
In any case, Dennis's contention was that women remain housebound, "chattering like monkeys about 'feelings' and other psychological dramas", out of fear. As charming, respectful and modern as this contention is, I don't see it "underlined" by what Kunga posted: what part of her post indicates that the women were "fearful" to hunt alone? Even if it is true that women are in general more relational than men, it appears that in this case it works to their advantage, which only goes to show that relational skill can be a strength, and is not necessarily a weakness.
You might have a point here but you're talking now about Dennis his post. Maybe he can answer although I did notice he was talking about "early days" there. My point was limited to the pygmies: men don't hunt in packs.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:[.I'M SORRY IF I HURT YOU IN ANY WAY....SOMETIMES I JUST WANNA LASH OUT WHEN I'VE BEEN HURT.
It's okay. Just stop using the capitals since it reads like shouting. Are you still lashing out then?

.I AM SURROUNDED BY CONFUSED AND TOXIC PEOPLE ALL THE TIME..]
The environment reflects your own energy. Solve your own confusion and intoxication first then your surroundings will be clearer too. If you allow the changes which might upset many karts.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: Just stop using the capitals since it reads like shouting. Are you still lashing out then?
I did that because i thought it would be easier to read .....not shouting..we are sensitive people aren't we...lol

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:The environment responds on your energy. Solve your own confusion and intoxication first then your surroundings will be better too. If you allow the changes which might upset many karts.

Yes...i've been in a state of fight or flight for the past 22-30 years (living with people that drive me crazy). I wanna leave so bad. i told him yesterday i'm moving, and not to cry cause i won't fall for it again....i just want to live alone in peace.....i know my energy has been toxic.....i'm not my normal self.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote: Yes...i've been in a state of fight or flight for the past 22-30 years (living with people that drive me crazy). I wanna leave so bad. i told him yesterday i'm moving, and not to cry cause i won't fall for it again....i just want to live alone in peace.....i know my energy has been toxic.....i'm not my normal self.
It demands a degree of ruthlessness which is hard, the hardest thing. Others might plea, threaten, even the worst things but decades cannot be undone lightly. Just do not make yourself responsible as then guilt becomes an even greater enemy. If you can overcome this, you can overcome anything.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:It demands a degree of ruthlessness which is hard, the hardest thing. Others might plea, threaten, even the worst things but decades cannot be undone lightly. Just do not make yourself responsible as then guilt becomes an even greater enemy. If you can overcome this, you can overcome anything.

Yes.
Thanks, Diebert.

_/\_
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Laird,
We'll go with your premise.
Women have never felt fear, anger, anxiety, angst, insecurity.
Have never made existential/psychological moves to thwart real or imagined threats.
Exist from their own side as 'angels of light'.
Have never felt the need to adapt to conditions.
Have never played cunning strategies.
Never made power plays.
Never looked for or found ways to manipulate and control men for women's benefit.
blah, blah, blah...

Women have outwitted and outplayed Men Laird.
Women dominate.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I equate love as the same as compassion
They're not.

love tends toward a feeling of pleasure for an object and tends to claim ownership and responsibility of that object..
love tends to attach and smother it's object.
When people say 'I love you",
they are actually lying through their teeth,
in one moment in the past they may have had the actual experience of 'love' in their mind for an instant or two,
Thereafter they are not actually experiencing 'love' in their mind.
They just have a memory for the most part.

Saying 'I love you' very often is a ploy to render an object defenceless and compliant.
Psychological game.

If love worked, the Worldly relations between people wouldn't be in such a parlous condition.

Let's give compassion a burl,
non-attached, non ownership,
empathetic,
intelligent,
neutral,
honest.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:love tends toward a feeling of pleasure for an object and tends to claim ownership and responsibility of that object..
love tends to attach and smother it's object.
When people say 'I love you",
they are actually lying through their teeth,

But don't you see ? That's NOT LOVE ?
People call it love....but love is not selfish & attachments.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You're talking about Freedom.
unconditional.

the word 'love' has an object.
is conditional.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Well I think Wikipedia is spot on in this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

To me REAL love is not the general definition everyone thinks of. (Attachments)
I think we just have our own private concept of what this is.
I experience people telling me they love me all the time....but all i see from their love is a selfish attachment, if i told them i didn't love them, they would get upset & angry. Whenever i am happy....they are not.

If someone really loves you they will let you go... to be free.
Love does not want to hold you back.
Love expects nothing in return.
Love is kind.

Here...this is how i see love: (KARUNA & METTA)

Buddhism
In Buddhism, Kāma is sensuous, sexual love. It is an obstacle on the path to enlightenment, since it is selfish. {Karuṇā} is compassion and mercy, which reduces the suffering of others. It is complementary to wisdom and is necessary for enlightenment. Adveṣa and {mettā} are benevolent love. This love is unconditional and requires considerable self-acceptance. This is quite different from ordinary love, which is usually about attachment and sex and which rarely occurs without self-interest. Instead, in Buddhism it refers to detachment and unselfish interest in others' welfare.
The Bodhisattva ideal in Mahayana Buddhism involves the complete renunciation of oneself in order to take on the burden of a suffering world. The strongest motivation one has in order to take the path of the Bodhisattva is the idea of salvation within unselfish, altruistic love for all sentient beings.
Last edited by Kunga on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

So we agree.
Freedom.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
So we agree.
Freedom.

Yes, on one aspect so far....lol

I know it's confusing because of all the conditioning & different views we're come in contact with. But i know from experience that real love is not the common love everyone throws around as being love.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

On a cold day,
if you put your hands up to the proximity of a hot stove,
you feel pleasure.
Is the pleasure in the stove...No
Is the pleasure in you...No.
The pleasure is in the interaction.

if you put your hands on the stove,
you feel pain.
Is the pain in the stove...No.
Is the pain in you...No.
The pain is in the interaction.

The trick worldly men and women play is to make of themselves 'objects of desire'.
Looking Good.
Make themselves appear as 'birds of paradise'.

If you look past the patchouli oil, the hairspray, the lipstick, the gucci gown, the wonderbra,
the stillettos..
the outrageous manipulation of the sex instinct,

you find, on reflection,
a perfumed prison.

a vagina with teeth like a shark.