An assertion on thinking

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
ForbidenRea

Re: An assertion on thinking

Post by ForbidenRea »

I cover my eyes,
Who knows best
I "say" the rest is lame
For those tame dogs of life

They stare at you
All moody blue
With serpants tongue
Blair

Post by Blair »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Credit where it's due.I'll put money on it.
I'll pay a thousand to one.

When the "world" is ending.

There's the catch.

There's always a catch.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

What's the bet?

World ends, Pam despairs.

If I put 10 bucks on it.
How do I collect and what do I get to spend the winnings on?
A funeral?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Blair wrote:
movingalways wrote:I have no doubt it is your desire that you perceive me as losing your game. What has that got to do with me?
Everything. You are asserting your version of Ultimate Reality, and I'm asserting mine.

In time you will lose everything single thing that you value, and be left with nothing but despair.

I'll be snickering about it, or dead. That's my right, that's how I win.

I'm Ultimate Reality.

Nothing but despair? Your faulty logic is showing.
Last edited by Pam Seeback on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Blair wrote:
Dennis Mahar wrote:Credit where it's due.I'll put money on it.
I'll pay a thousand to one.

When the "world" is ending.

There's the catch.

There's always a catch.
The world is always ending. Death of something held dear or not so dear or the threat of such a thing comes in every moment. It's been this way for creatures of sentience since the first breath was taken. Even a child knows about this catch to being alive.

But what has this catch of death to do with Reality that doesn't breathe?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Every night,
deep sleep.
no subject/object.

morning,
wake up.
subject/object.

not self-established.
causes/conditions.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Every night,
deep sleep.
no subject/object.

morning,
wake up.
subject/object.

not self-established.
causes/conditions.
Not self-established, but individual-established.

Sleep or awake, the individual infinite "I" is ever-analyzing Itself. This is why Blair presents a limited vision of reality when he makes absolute statements such as he did above when he said I "would be left with nothing but despair." Where is awareness of one's subjective relationship to one Word, one Object, there is subjective awareness of every Word Object that is in-relationship-to-it. Which means when one discovers despair, they also discover hope; they are conjoined twins of I am That relativity, in this case, the discovery of despair always preceding the discovery of hope. One discovers the darkness before they discover the light.

What do all words of being have in common? They are sourced in the impartial Consciousness of the infinity of all words, thoughts, forms, images and feelings. To God, the darkness is equal to the light, despair is equal to hope, hate is equal to love, A = A.

Since there is no absolute, stagnant way of being, one has no choice but to eventually step out of their words of darkness and into their words of light.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

[quote="movingalways]To God, the darkness is equal to the light, despair is equal to hope, hate is equal to love, A = A.

Since there is no absolute, stagnant way of being, one has no choice but to eventually step out of their words of darkness and into their words of light.[/quote]

But isn't God an absolute?
Then,what you said is contradictory...(if darkness is equal to light, according to God.)

Isn't EVERYTHING God ???

Blairs so-called "words of darkness" are not dark to God.

Everything is equal to God.

No ?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

human is incredibly wary.
it walks with wariness out there in front of it.

thinks it's dangerous.

it is.
it isn't.

2 truths.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga:
movingalways: To God, the darkness is equal to the light, despair is equal to hope, hate is equal to love, A = A.

Since there is no absolute, stagnant way of being, one has no choice but to eventually step out of their words of darkness and into their words of light.
But isn't God an absolute? Then,what you said is contradictory...(if darkness is equal to light, according to God.)
No, God is not an absolute. God is absolute Reality.
Isn't EVERYTHING God ???
Everything is of God. For example, one's TV set is not God, but one's TV set exists because of God.
Blairs so-called "words of darkness" are not dark to God.

Everything is equal to God.

No ?

Since God is an impersonal movement of laws, principles and patterns of Its Own Making, God doesn't know Blair exists or that I exist or you exist. It is up to us to find the God of ourselves where everything is equal, A = A.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Sorry, but the only way it can be, is that EVERYTHING is GOD.
There is no duality.
A=A

There is no creator called GOD.
Nothing is created.

Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

shit happens.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

It is primordially and spontaneously present.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Good work Sandy.
astonishing.
Blair

Post by Blair »

movingalways wrote:It's been this way for creatures of sentience since the first breath was taken. Even a child knows about this catch to being alive.
No they don't, otherwise they wouldn't breed themselves when they "grow-up".
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Blair wrote:

Blair, what's the difference between cherry blossoms and people blossoming ?
Everything is an adornment of the basic space of phenomena.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Kunga wrote:Blair, what's the difference between cherry blossoms and people blossoming ?
Cherry Blossoms don't mutilate each others genitalia on purpose out of spite and superstition.
Cherry Blossoms don't blow up abortion clinics whilst a twelve year old girl is there because she was raped by her father.
Cherry Blossoms don't prevent the use of contraception in Africa.
Cherry Blossoms don't inhibit stem-cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of burn victims.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Blair wrote:Cherry Blossoms don't mutilate each others genitalia on purpose out of spite and superstition.
Cherry Blossoms don't blow up abortion clinics whilst a twelve year old girl is there because she was raped by her father.
Cherry Blossoms don't inhibit stem-cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of burn victims.
Yes, but I ment in reference to reproducing itself. We are equal in the sense that all living things reproduce.

Cherry Blossoms don't give a shit about people mutilating each other....people do, like you.
Cherry Blossoms don't give a shit if a 12 year old girl gets raped under a Cherry Blossom tree.
Only a human being can stop other humans from atrocious acts of violence.
Humans have the capacity to make earth a heaven or hell.
It's not all hellish.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga wrote:Sorry, but the only way it can be, is that EVERYTHING is GOD.
There is no duality.
A=A

There is no creator called GOD.
Nothing is created.
I did not say there was a creator called GOD.

Things exist because of ??...fill in the ?? with whatever word you want.

Since everything exists because of God, ???, indeed, there is no duality.

There is no duality, yet there are two aspects of the Infinite ???, which can be realized simply by contemplating the breath:

There is no breath - the aspect of the nonsentient, Transcendent God. There is breath - the cycle of rebirth that is the aspect of God that is the sentient world and of man's conditioned thinking of the sentient world.

The problem with saying that EVERYTHING is GOD is that it leaves out the most important part of GOD or ???, and that is God's infinite analysis of God, God thinking of God. It is not untrue to say everything is God, just incomplete from the perspective of expansion or evolution of consciousness.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Blair wrote:
movingalways wrote:It's been this way for creatures of sentience since the first breath was taken. Even a child knows about this catch to being alive.
Just because one breeds does not mean they have not accepted that a) they will die and b) their children will die.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga wrote:It is primordially and spontaneously present.
Of unseen principles and patterns of existence.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Blair wrote:
Kunga wrote:Blair, what's the difference between cherry blossoms and people blossoming ?
Cherry Blossoms don't mutilate each others genitalia on purpose out of spite and superstition.
Cherry Blossums do not hope that someone's children are decapitated while they are watching and that they get breast cancer.

The mind of man cannot be still. It is a roaming, roving, eating machine of idea.

There is also suffering in the natural or sentient realm. To breathe is to suffer the desire to keep the breath going.

Only with the ending of breath consciousness will suffering end.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

There's a joke about sexual relations,

that it's akin to having your nose blown for you.
Last edited by Dennis Mahar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga and Dennis:

Both of you appear to me, to be influenced in some way by Buddhist teachings.

I will try to explain what I mean by the two aspects of Consciousness, using Buddhist terminology. My intent is to show that "shit doesn't just happen", that we are responsible, as conscious beings, to stop the shit from happening.

The Buddha spoke of Nibbana, of final bliss. Which is defined as the cessation of all craving. Craving and breath are inseparable. If you breathe, you crave food, water, comfort, etc. Man, of course, takes craving to a whole new level, as he craves material things, both of ego and of body.

Is the end of breath Nothing? No, or the Buddha would not have given it a name to signify that there is Something 'there' when the breath is not present. Bliss is Something. Hidden in bliss are principles and patterns of awareness of what 'bliss' is.

Attaining 'bliss' doesn't just happen. One must become aware of bliss, of A = A, and then, practice the principles of what A = A means to them.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Blair wrote:Cherry Blossoms don't mutilate each others genitalia on purpose out of spite and superstition.
Neither do most people. Cherry Blossoms also do not write symphonies.
Neither do they form abortion clinics or Planned Parenthood organizations that actually do something to mitigate rampant, "ill-conceived conception."
Neither do they join Doctors Without Borders and try to get AIDS medicine there.
Neither do they perform such research.

"Good news is no news."