are you smart?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
SeekerOfWisdom

Re: are you smart?

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Yes Kunga, clearly the universe is incredibly smart, we all are, if we put our minds to use.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Yes Kunga, clearly the universe is incredibly smart, we all are, if we put our minds to use.
I didn't say the Universe was smart.....in my estimation, if the Universe was smart, there woudn't be any suffering.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

From a universal perspective there is no suffering.
unbound
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

mental vagrant wrote:From a universal perspective there is no suffering.
Yeah...(i thought of that after i made the statement )

It's a hard one to wrap your brain around. The Universe is everything. So everything that is happening is happening to itself. When we see dulistically we see the separation which is the illusion...which sees the suffering....good & bad do not exist from the Universes perspective....bad can come from what you think is good and good can come from what you think is bad.....yeah....i geddit.....but in my heart i still see the agony & the ecstacy of it all...a sign that i am still far from realized.....i still can't get it out of my head what i heard the other day....a 7 year old girl raped by 5 men & dismemberd. Can you please explain this to me so I can sleep better at night ?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It's a hard one to wrap your brain around. The Universe is everything. So everything that is happening is happening to itself. When we see dulistically we see the separation which is the illusion...which sees the suffering....good & bad do not exist from the Universes perspective....bad can come from what you think is good and good can come from what you think is bad.....yeah....i geddit.....but in my heart i still see the agony & the ecstacy of it all...a sign that i am still far from realized.....i still can't get it out of my head what i heard the other day....a 7 year old girl raped by 5 men & dismemberd. Can you please explain this to me so I can sleep better at night ?
What you are saying there I suppose is,

The universe has a set of rules,
You, yourself have a set of rules (in my heart) that the universe should be doing in order to sleep better at night.

Mrs Brown had 3 boys.
Pat, Nat and Tat,
when it came to feeding time,
there was no Tit for Tat.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis

I know the Universe has no rules concerning morality. It's survival of the fittest. Dog eat dog.
Man makes the rules. Society makes rules. We all have our own set of rules.

Buddha had rules .
Morality was high on his agenda.
Sexual misconduct has karmic consequenses.
As do all misconducts.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Karma is such a bitch, doesn't miss a thing.