Enlightenment was wrong about human reasoning...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GGman

Enlightenment was wrong about human reasoning...

Post by GGman »

... just thought I'd pass this along. If you have any insights/comments/anything you'd like to add here go ahead.

http://bit.ly/dYaWUc
Pam Seeback

Re: Enlightenment was wrong about human reasoning...

Post by Pam Seeback »

It is true, as it is stated in the video, that rationality depends on feeling, for the reason identified by the speaker, that is, that until there is first an emotion to reason, there is no reason to reason.

Where I would take this even deeper is the truth that rationality depends on one being rooted in their earth, feeling-sense consciousness, a consciousness that was, from its 'first inception' programmed with a built-in expiry date. It is a known fact that our sun is not an absolute thing, that like all suns, it will, at some point in its consciousness-of-being-sun, go nova and poof, no more earth, ergo, no more rationality, no more feeling, no more anything of human thought.

Death is the greatest wisdom teacher.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It is true, as it is stated in the video, that rationality depends on feeling, for the reason identified by the speaker, that is, that until there is first an emotion to reason, there is no reason to reason.
Isn't that reasoning?

Where I would take this even deeper is the truth that rationality depends on one being rooted in their earth, feeling-sense consciousness, a consciousness that was, from its 'first inception' programmed with a built-in expiry date. It is a known fact that our sun is not an absolute thing, that like all suns, it will, at some point in its consciousness-of-being-sun, go nova and poof, no more earth, ergo, no more rationality, no more feeling, no more anything of human thought.

Is that reasoning?

How many reasons do you need to deny reason?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis
Quote: Pam

Isn't that reasoning?
Of course it's reasoning. Reasoning is all a man has to keep himself alive in his flesh. For the man of truth, however, the deeper question is: is this the totality of who he is, this recycling of reasoning one's body survival, ad infinitum?
Dennis
Quote: Pam

Is that reasoning?

How many reasons do you need to deny reason?
Yes that is reasoning. I am not denying the existence of reason, for reason stated above. I am denying, however, that reasoning is spiritual enlightenment/enlightenment of the infinite. A step toward, yes, the final step, no.

Beings of reason are born to die, the totality of you is not born to die, this is my core argument. Which aspect of you do you identify as being the [whole] light of you, your finite brain that reasons and then dies, or the infinite you which causes the reasoning brain to exist and then not exist?