"Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Edmond

"Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.

Post by Edmond »

uyuu
Last edited by Edmond on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: "Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.

Post by mental vagrant »

Amusing.

186 bs.

Have somthing to say?
unbound
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

@Mental vagrant. How intelligent do u think u are? And how do you measure and quantify intelligence?? As an African, in the old centuries, we had brilliant ancestors, they did not do any i.q test. the did not even know English. Don't you think intelligence quotient test is something thing that was created to give "us the so-cALLED geniuses, a virtual (both real) fantasy, of having power greater than any other. For example, wikipedia defines intelligence as "" has been defined in different ways, including the abilities for abstract thought, understanding, communication, reasoning, learning, planning, emotional intelligence and problem solving.""

All this exists in every brain. The difference is pipo who donot have interest in intelligence donot reflect these ideas in their conscious mind. But it doesnot mean you are more intelligent than them.

-If Gary Kasparov is as intelligent as you think, then why cant he play soccer like lionel messi, or run like usain bolt?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Here genius refers to consciousness of Reality. A genius is not so because he is praised often by others; neither does genius point to a high score on a paper test.
A mindful man needs few words.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Edmond wrote:@Mental vagrant. How intelligent do u think u are? And how do you measure and quantify intelligence?? As an African, in the old centuries, we had brilliant ancestors, they did not do any i.q test. the did not even know English. Don't you think intelligence quotient test is something thing that was created to give "us the so-cALLED geniuses, a virtual (both real) fantasy, of having power greater than any other. For example, wikipedia defines intelligence as "" has been defined in different ways, including the abilities for abstract thought, understanding, communication, reasoning, learning, planning, emotional intelligence and problem solving.""

All this exists in every brain. The difference is pipo who donot have interest in intelligence donot reflect these ideas in their conscious mind. But it doesnot mean you are more intelligent than them.

-If Gary Kasparov is as intelligent as you think, then why cant he play soccer like lionel messi, or run like usain bolt?
First of all, for a person with a 186 supposed score to assume i've taken a test is utterly ridiculous. Secondly Wikipedia isn't an exact science ;) Thirdly you speak of a meshing of tri-archal / Gardener theory / General, with obvious lack of understanding of what they are. Don't disagree talent varies, talent doesn't equate to intellect necessarily, a perfect example of a non-intelligent function is Usain Bolt's athletic abilities. Let's see if his CNS can perform inductive reasoning. It's important to remember you've sought out (yes that's right, i can taste it) a forum in which resides the strive for inquiry, a place that asserts genius as a function of a perspective, as physical genius obviously must be (impirically), i agree that it's the nature of aspect given to existence from which flourishes creativity. You weren't being agreed with but corrected.

So you are convinced of your teachings? Supposedly Archaic Homo sapiens, the forerunner of anatomically modern humans, evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago - according to god http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution. They didn't sit IQ examinations, likely.. unless some aliens... whatever. You declare yourself a socially approved genius by fronting this regressive black 1950s rhetoric about talent diversity, and citing excellence in Africa before you were born. It's irrational more importantly irrelevant. Another case of racial insecurity?

186 must have been set with a SD of around 90. Heard of culture fair ART?

Proof that all brains aren't consituted by the same thoughts is this exchange, i just told you what you didn't know.
unbound
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

@Mental vagrant: Your response is a clear manifestation of people who crave mental superiority. Am glad you have spent time researching and comprehending such ideas. this is exactly what i try to explain. You might quickly think you are more intelligent than you your peers, simply because you know what they do not know. " What you do not realize is that, consciously or sub-consciously, your mind's cognitive results are subjective. I studied electrical engineering and physics as a major at school and excelled.. But it was not because i was intelligent. It was a choice..I have empirical evidence that proves this theory. I can create a "so called genius. " The first step is to isolate their thoughts and propagate a specific idea towards them.." To put it simply, the so called dumb pipo choose to be dumb. Geniuses choose to be geniuses, average pipo choose to be average." period. But all those pipo can cross to the other levels, if they really want.

It is easy. Btw i am not good at explaining things in English, but the example of lionel messi, gary kasparov, was to demostrate that "Talent" does not exist. The perfomance of the mind and body. Brain, CNS is critical in making pipo who they are.

The dumbest person u know, can explain something that you can't. You just do not want to believe it.

You are not a genius. No one is. . All is conscious or sub conscious choice...

better still let us redefine GENIUS.

"genius refers to consciousness of Reality" is absurd.

Can we have a chat online btw?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Edmond wrote:"genius refers to consciousness of Reality" is absurd.
Support this claim of yours with a reason. I'm not going to guess why you believe a particular definition of a word is absurd.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

every one is conscious of reality. Most pipo donot have time to understand what this means. They have other things to do. The so called geniuses think they know what most pipo donot. thats wrong.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Ask someone who is conscious of Reality what he is thinking about, and he can tell you. This isn't pretentious elitism: if someone does not understand what it means to be conscious of Reality, he is neither conscious of Reality, nor is he a genius.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

haha
unbound
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Ask someone who is conscious of Reality what he is thinking about, and he can tell you. This isn't pretentious elitism: if someone does not understand what it means to be conscious of Reality, he is neither conscious of Reality, nor is he a genius.
What are you thinking about?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

I think it is suggesting that the topic creator is invoking his/her contingent exit strategy.
unbound
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

uncledote, I'm thinking about the structure of mind; I'm thinking about where consciousness differs from unconsciousness, and the relationship between consciousness and other parts of mind (awareness, understanding, perception, knowledge). In six words, the difference between id and ego.

To clarify: if I'm conscious of something, I can say what it is that I'm conscious of. That's a necessary condition.
BMcG

Post by BMcG »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:To clarify: if I'm conscious of something, I can say what it is that I'm conscious of. That's a necessary condition.
Conscious of consciousness - a shattered mirror or a look behind the eye? I suspect what lies beyond is of the Totality, but is the Totality beyond even that?

Speculation before faith. I was just reading some Kierkegaard on DQ's site on Truth. Highly recommended (but consider the source).
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:
"Ask someone who is conscious of Reality what he is thinking about, and he can tell you. This isn't pretentious elitism: if someone does not understand what it means to be conscious of Reality, he is neither conscious of Reality, nor is he a genius."

I do not understand why you people are obsessed with being geniuses...

- " i think most pipo who crave mental superiority, have insecurities within themselves, and hence, create an Aura of invincibility around them."
- Learning certain "complex" definitions, subjects like quantum physics, semiconductor properties, electromagnetism, psychology, nuerons, dendrites,Cybernetics" doesnot mean u have a superior brain. It means u have chosen to know that stuff.

Anyway, as a challenge, let anyone who thinks they are a genius, come out and i give me my own analysis of their brain activity....

and please understand my topic.. Sorry for the bad English, but i mearnt, am everything that pipo call genius. but i donot believe in genius. And have empirical analysis on this.. Spent 3/4 of my life doing this...
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Believe it or not. All human brains in the world are the same. Both in size and processing power...But the functions and commands applied to them, are subjective to the host. Consciously or sub consciously. There is nothing like a superior brain...
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Oh btw..Am not trying to be racial...This is supposed to be a joke..Do not take it personally.

Many Africans like in my country claim that " Generally, Africans are more intelligent than white people." . but the didderence is that Africans have other things to worry about. Like famine, disease.. e.t.c..lol..That white people donot have to woryy about so much, hence they have time to be scientists, astronaunts e.t.c Ofcourse, i tell them they are wrong.

I insist, "all human beings are equal"... And some are not more equal than others.. lol
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Equivalence between any 2 or more people is impossible. I never affirmed any obsession 'with being a genius', nor did i imply you were attempting a racist provocation of the board members. I can read that your English grammar isn't perfected so you don't need to tell me. We, at least me, are still waiting for your empirical findings 'genius'.

Do you realise i think you are probably a 15 year old having a little fun trolling?
unbound
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

lol. thats funny
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Edmond wrote:I do not understand why you people are obsessed with being geniuses.
It boils down to what genius means, and whether or not that is a valuable thing. If being a genius is not virtuous, there is no reason to be one. If genius is not something that can be obtained through effort, there is no reason to discuss it.

To quote David Quinn's website,
David Quinn wrote:I am a highly logical thinker who spends his days immersing himself in the Infinite. My aim in life is to awaken as many people as possible to this marvellous reality, which I sometimes call God or Tao.

Although I am not part of any religion, I consider the great wise men of the past to be my spiritual brothers and colleagues - Socrates, Diogenes, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Nagarjuna, Huang Po, Chuang Tzu, Hakuin, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Eckhart, and Weininger. If it were not for these fearless men, and those like them, the human race would be in total darkness.
Notice the names that he associates with genius, and in particular, notice who is absent. There's no Einstein or Galileo, Shakespeare or Byron, Michaelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci. DQ's examples are spiritual teachers, not masters of craft or science. As well, there's nobody whose IQ has been measured, let alone measured to be high.
Edmond wrote: " i think most pipo who crave mental superiority, have insecurities within themselves, and hence, create an Aura of invincibility around them."
I agree, but I don't think genius, as it is presented here, is like that. Mental superiority is not the goal, but rather, spiritual enlightenment. People who come to this site because they Googled "genius" tend to leave quickly. We don't satisfy egotistical or incoherent ideas of genius. It is quite possible for everyone on the planet to be a genius: who gains mental superiority when that happens?
Edmond wrote:Learning certain "complex" definitions, subjects like quantum physics, semiconductor properties, electromagnetism, psychology, nuerons, dendrites,Cybernetics" doesnot mean u have a superior brain. It means u have chosen to know that stuff.
Who, exactly, is this directed at? I, for one, have not mistaken genius for knowledge. Socrates was a genius but he knew nothing.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

David, Of all that has been said, I like your contribution. You are close to the genesis of my idea.

Am just concerned though. Be careful what you think about. It might damage your brain permanently...Are you aware of this?

Do not forget " Solving issues in the REAL world, IS more important than our FANTASY worlds.

David Quinn wrote:
" I am a highly logical thinker who spends his days immersing himself in the Infinite. My aim in life is to awaken as many people as possible to this marvellous reality, which I sometimes call God or Tao.

Although I am not part of any religion, I consider the great wise men of the past to be my spiritual brothers and colleagues - Socrates, Diogenes, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Nagarjuna, Huang Po, Chuang Tzu, Hakuin, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Eckhart, and Weininger. If it were not for these fearless men, and those like them, the human race would be in total darkness."
eyekwah

Post by eyekwah »

Genius can't be measured because intelligence can't be measured with a yardstick. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are plenty of concepts which cannot be adequately described fully and unambiguously, yet have names.

A very intelligent gentleman once said that tasks that can be subdivided into individual tasks which can be processed, can be processed themselves as well. This is the fundamentals for computer science, stating the nature of problems solvable using a computer. There are unsurprisinglyly many functions which cannot be solvable by a computer, but what is more surpring is that these functions cannot be described in full detail. For example, take the task of taking any program and determining whether or not it halts. We understand this concept fully, yet no algorithm exists which can be applied to computers to solve this.

However these concepts exist. Genius exists even if we cannot describe what it is. To close one's eyes to concepts which cannot be fully described is to live in a world where scientific advancements do not exist and scientists ignore unexplainable phenomenon (many do already).
Life is wasted on the living.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Plenty of meh to go around, or aliens whatever.
unbound
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

I've never met any genius except on here. There are 29 trillion stars in our solar system.
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote: This isn't pretentious elitism: if someone does not understand what it means to be conscious of Reality, he is neither conscious of Reality, nor is he a genius.
Perhaps the capitalisation of the word 'reality' is the pretentious/ elitist part?