Colin Wilson

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Diebert van Rhijn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:50 am

Disappointing you didn't use the word "deflowering" here, Cousin. How many opportunities you'll get to write the word in a life time?
User avatar
Diebert van Rhijn
 
Posts: 5023
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: A∴A∴

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Diebert van Rhijn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 am

Talking Ass wrote: As I understand it, David and Kevin and Dan all suffered as men. Their suffering in relation to led them to their path, and David describes his path as his 'life work'. That is pretty serious, I mean serious as a commitment and as self-definition (it just occurred to me to point to David's 'life work' through his identification, however he defines it, and Jewish identification as they define it. It is essentially a group of choices one makes, we all make, based on certain assembled 'facts'). I have no argument there. I think we have no choice but to work with 'the facts' as they have come to us.

It's interesting you used the word suffering. In relation to ...what? It's rather obvious to me they are idealistic men and especially at a younger age being driven by ideals, or looking to the world through the lens of ideal, a will for men leading to frustration when the world does not bend to his ideal, when the world ignores certain 'obvious' knowledge or reflection which is being valued or idealized. This obstruction can lead to hate just as easily as introspection. Without hating 'father and mother' one can never really - internally - abandon the nest (unless they kick you out first).

It would be a 'shame' to expend one's energy in vain reaction (against:-----) when the real question was about excelling in some excellence...or in perceiving beauty...or in expressing it. With that, I would say that QRS and Bob seem to have no organ for expressing beauty. I have a strong feeling that that might be a 'mistake'. But life is composed of mistakes.

This is about taste again, isn't it: "All of life is a dispute over taste and tasting".

The 'lack of egos structure, lack of dreams, lack of confidence and unrestrained optimism' is what I am concerned about, as it pertains to some/many who appear (and disappear) here. And I do not at all exclude myself from this 'problem'. I live within it as I think we all do. I think we need a full palette of tools with which to 'dream'...express beauty...feel the female and the feminine, and define relatedness. I have the feeling that some percentage of the advice offered [by QRS and this neo- pseudo-Buddhism] destroys the link or the path to that. And the lack of a 'pathway' out of Dreary Definitions may indeed lead to "many of the mental diseases as defined around us".

It pertains to the large dilemma of modern cultures too. It's not like offered advice here somehow "destroys a link or path". You've got that wrong I think. That linkage is being destroyed as we speak by larger forces and tides. The real problem is one of holding on to a failing delusion without being able to create new, bigger ones. Real grace and real compassion here might mean to help recovering alcoholics with different ways to deal with life, to redefine the world and themselves. It's a process extending way beyond the forum, happening at a very individual and diversified level. To overcome ego shelling, shedding dream worlds and sail to what's really just unknown. The surprise at that point ('of know return') might be that there's still wind blowing, that there's still a sail bellying. All worries were for nothing.
User avatar
Diebert van Rhijn
 
Posts: 5023
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: A∴A∴

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 am

Real Words of Wisdom from a Talking Ass®
__________________________________________________

Is it really so 'interesting'? I thought it was obvious. All the 'great men' that we might refer to, they all 'suffered' because of their perception, because of their seeing and feeling: in relation to. Certainly Nietzsche would be one of the better examples. The 'agony' of his realizations he lived in his body, mind and spirit. Same with Kierkegaard.

It is not at all that I do not accept or understand (or relate to or share) the Q-R-S *suffering* in relation to their milieu (and much of this was expressed in David's and Kevin's letters to each other: a profound self-doubt and discomort). It should be obvious that I object to their decisions in relation to. They recommend a grand cutting expedition, and they cut away so very much (that should not be cut away). But they do this with an absolute assurance, an absolute decisiveness---an absolute arrogance? But is it arrogance or merely stupidity? If I were to judge by the people they attract---say for example our own beloved Dennis---I would have to say 'stupidity'. They seem to give permission to people to perform an extremely radical 'cutting away' act. Even to recommend PFTH to an uneducated, unprepared, dullard, a young man who cannot distinguish his ass from a hole in the ground, who is a sort of ignorant bit of White trash blowing through cyberspace, is a sort of crime. I submit as evidence the Can People Change? thread. There is this grotesque assertion that Kevin, Matt, Trevor have knowledge about what 'wisdom' is. And anyone with the mental equivalent of three and a half cockroaches between the ears should know that 'enlightenment' is NOT A TERM THAT CAN BE USED as an abstract noun, not honestly in any case. It is possible that it might be discussed as a concrete noun though. But no one does this. (And David 'worships' the term in the most vulgar sense possible). But watch them proceed with the same plan as always: feed the sucker PFTH (or something similar) and undertake this grand pretense that, with those who recommend it, they really understand 'it' (life, value, 'enlightenment', being human). This is grotesque misrepresentation and I think most know it. I disagree with you---not completely but mostly---that it is a question of 'taste'.

I am not (myself) opposed to radicalism 'in relation to' (society, the mundane, the mediocre, etc.) I am opposed to a kind of blind destruction (of the 'links' to) a wide arena of knowledge and knowing that, with an imperious swipe of a brutish, unschooled and arrogant arm, so many here perform. It is idiocy and it must be described exactly as such.

I suggest that Dennis (and he is selected simply because he insists on presenting himself for this treatment, time and time again: he asserts himself, he places himself in the fray when, as is obvious, he'd do much better staying on the sidelines and thinking things through) is the near-perfect example of the sort of disciple that Q-R-S gain (and deserve). Because of limited intelligence, education, concern, care, and consciousness, he will gladly operate within this reductive system Kevin (through PFTH: the Mother of the Spirit of this forum I reckon) offers to these unintelligent, arrogant boys. It is like a drug. A poison-drug they shoot into their veins and then tear around with this ridiculous assertiveness that they are on the road to 'genius' (and 'enlightenment'). It is simply preposterous!

"All of life is a dispute over taste and tasting".
Yes, on one level. But if we were to refer to Nietzsche as an ideal, I mean in terms of his method, we would immediately have to declare, hands-down and with not even the slightest trace of doubt, that no one of these men comes even close to the base of knowledge, or the concern, or the 'heart' of Nietzsche! They can't even pretend to be Nietzsche imitations! Instead, they are arrogating BUFFOONS. To be honest one must simply say this. Not in anger but in truth. If one were interested in Nietzsche REALLY, one would study some of the same material as he. One would undertake this. One would know it and value it.

Diebert wrote:It's not like offered advice here somehow "destroys a link or path". You've got that wrong I think. That linkage is being destroyed as we speak by larger forces and tides. The real problem is one of holding on to a failing delusion without being able to create new, bigger ones.
No, in fact I do not at all think I've got it wrong. The 'destructive undertaking' presented in PFTH is exactly that: a destruction of things that are not understood. It reminds me of some peasants who find ancient texts in an urn written in a language they don't understand and end up burning them for heat. This represents a lower-class assault on 'higher things' by men who simply cannot understand Value, and therefore dismiss so much very important material and idea because they DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. I am reminded, not of genius here, but of something out of a Kafka story, say An Old Manuscript. The only way one can relate to such stupidity, such destructive idiocy, is by ridiculing it. Naturally, this is the most insulting thing (to them) one can do because they all seem to take themselves (and what they 'know') so damned seriously!

If we are to take seriously this 'spiritual path' and this path of philosophy and this sense of preserving something, attaining something of a high level, we have to have an OPEN CONVERSATION about what it is we are dealing with and speaking about. But instead what we get, and it is I grant you a question of DEGREE and QUANTITY, is Dennis Mahar. Dennis Mahar is a minor reflection of the VALUES of this form spun out into action.

    "You can gesture at them till you dislocate your jaws and your wrists and still they will not have understood you and will never understand."

How proud you must feel!
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Blair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:08 am

Talking Ass wrote: They recommend a grand cutting expedition, and they cut away so very much (that should not be cut away).


Like circumcision?

Talking Ass wrote:They seem to give permission to people to perform an extremely radical 'cutting away' act.


Like, circumcision?

Talking Ass wrote: with an imperious swipe of a brutish, unschooled and arrogant arm,


Like, a Rabbi performing a circumcision on an unconsenting child?

Talking Ass wrote:The only way one can relate to such stupidity, such destructive idiocy, is by ridiculing it.


Indeed.
User avatar
Blair
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:47 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 am

You have just devastated, so very succinctly, my whole argument---indeed all possible arguments! Around here one just doesn't know what one is up against.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Dennis Mahar » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:04 pm

You professed admiration for medicine I think Alex.
The possibility for medicine to alleviate suffering.

The humanitarian project 'Doctors without borders' has realised that cultural identities of race, religion, politics are empty of inherent existence.
These doctors risk their lives going to war zones to patch up bodies.
bodies that are harmed as a consequence of attachment to cultural identities.

As David reiterates,
there are no boundaries except by misconception.

Will you come forward Alex and level the charge against 'doctors without borders',
accuse them of the crime : reductionism.
of the crime: stupidity.

How many snowflakes are there?
each snowflake is unique (slight variations in causes/conditions)
no snowflake is different in snowflakeness.

not the same,
not different.

what if the snowflakes divided themselves up.
they could have Jew snowflakes,
muslim snowflakes,
australian snowflakes,
american snowflakes,
christian snowflakes,
bangladeshi snowflakes.

then they'd have conflict and go to war because they would fear each other.

I doubt that snowflakes could be that stupid really.
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 am

    "You can gesture at them till you dislocate your jaws and your wrists and still they will not have understood you and will never understand."

Dennis, you mindless ninny, I see that you are trying at least. But the base of your 'argument' is so purile, so ignorant and stupid, it is an insult that you think I would respond, or that anyone would. All I can say is to repeat: you are an excellent exemplar of the style of thinking engaged in around here. But you have taken it to the lowest point. Yet, you are all birds of a feather. For this reason you are 'interesting' to me.

Here's a website for you. Go, have fun!
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Dennis Mahar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:22 am

The basis of the argument is all things lack inherent existence.

your argument can't seem to rise above the level of invective.
ie psychodrama.
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:25 am

Invective. From Latin, invectivus; reproachful, scolding. 'Vehement accusation or denunciation, esp. of a bitterly abusive or sarcastic kind'.

Yes! Exactly!

In this psychodrama, I as therapist have assigned you the role of 8 year-old, rather dull, possibly drooling underprivelaged boy who found his way to an internet forum dominated by reductive ideas. You are to make your home there, ass-lick your way ingratiatingly with the management, and post 500 times essentially THE SAME POST: It is empty and meaningless. Your role is never to understand how insanely boring you are, how blindly dull your thoughts are, and to what degree you are consumed by reductions. But, you must pretend you are getting somewhere with this.

I'll play a Jewish, circumcised donkey of tremendous intelligence who has mastered human language and is guiding a group of dullards to the Promised Land.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 am

TRANSLATION:

Talking Ass wrote:
I'll play a ASS of tremendous intelligence who has mastered inhumane language and is guiding (MYSELF)to HELL.
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:25 am

Kunga, can you link this with things Jewish or with circumcision? ;-)

An ass's existance is by definition a hellish existance. And yet I am really, really and truly, a Heavenly Ass!

It is a particularly Vedantic idea that our speech and our words (mantra) have the power to mould our destiny, influence Providence. Among persons of vedantic persuasion I have more than once been called on my 'direct speech'. But I decided the telling of truth is the better plan overall. I don't believe in coddling adults. Also, one of the primary requisites of participating in this forum is (and I quote) that one should 'prepare oneself to get bloody'. Ideas and certainly 'truth' is worth fighting for, struggling for. Talking Ass has never shied away from violence in this regard. And yet I am aware that I am now surrounded by girls. That is the only thing that saddens me now! Still, I make the most of a bum deal, and I am happy. My 'poisons' are bitter at the start and so much sweeter later.

PS: I misspelled 'puerile' few posts up and wish to correct it.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:23 am

'Goy' (not a term I like or use) means 'non-Jew'. The more polite term is 'Gentile' but when you think about it, why should there be a term for those who are not Jewish? And why would a non-Jew use such a term to describe himself? Now, I know that there are layers and layers of misunderstanding, contempt and suspicion about everything Jewish. So if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Do you notice how this has become a subtext in these recent exchanges? Why is that, do you suppose?

PS: this was a response to a post Kunga posted and deleted. Instead of deleting it too, I'll let it stay---as part of the 'psychodrama' being enacted here.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:59 am

Correcting ourself is enlightening.
Violence has never been THE path to wisdom.


You wanted to know how I linked my previous post to you(Jewish or circumcision)...and being that you said you get sweeter in the end...I replied :
"sweetish goy " :) (just trying to be funny and link it to something Jewish) :)


I frequently delete my posts...that's why I don't post much.

lol
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Dennis Mahar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks for the intention of therapy.
You do have our interests at heart.
Your kindness knows no bounds.
Your method is uncompromising and necessarily so you say for the benefit of all and is your way.

Amidst the flood of invective the idea of 'the crime of reductionism' keeps showing up.
Can you explain fully what you mean by that please.
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 am

You dolt! You ask me to expand on what I have been writing about over many posts! If you have a mind, use that mind. Tell ME what 'reductionism in thinking' is. The term exists so it is LIKELY that it refers to a real thing. Remember, little one! There is reducing, shrinking, and there is expanding, growing. One diminishes and one augments. All your pseudo-Buddhist blather is reductionism at its finest. You build a shell with it and the shell gets harder and harder and harder. Now, it is true that a impacting kick in your kisser with my powerful hind leg is most certainly painful, and painful to watch, but it must be said that it is the ONLY way to get through to you. You are that 'hard'. In your next post I'd like you to cite an example of a reductionism, as that will go a long way in me seeing you as something other than a human-like cockroach.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 am

Harder !
Harder !
Harder !
Harder !

Cock ?

Roach ?
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 am

Shrinking ?
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:02 am

Hard ?
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Dennis Mahar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 am

You ask me to expand on what I have been writing about over many posts!


Yes please.
can you nail it for me as you see it?
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

Negative.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 am

I see sexual frustration in his writings :)
Testosterone build-up
Makes the brain swell
Unless utilized properly
Which makes one
Filled with Bliss
Not Blisters
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Dennis Mahar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:04 pm

He is definitely passionate.
He has a vision he is passionate about.
He wants the vision understood.
He wants to benefit all beings by his vision.
He is coming from a desire to help.
I'm not being inauthentic here, I can grok his 'goodness'.

If I say 'cultural identity' is not a human being's true identity, that can be discarded as an insubstantial phenomenon, that it is the status of myth, that it is a dangerous attachment because it breeds herdness, nationalism and patriotism and sets war in its train.
I think he is saying I've reduced human being in that declaration.
I think he is saying 'cultural identity' is expansion for human being.
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Talking Ass » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 pm

The Confessions of a Whimsical Ass

As an ass, and within the limits of being an ass, I am a Bodhisattva, this much must be said and understood. As you stream by me---an unending, incarnated flow of feisty house apes, and then upward and beyond into those regions beyond my gaze, yet I remain below, stuck to the earth, earth-bound, fleshy, tactile. A real servant. It is true what Kunga says: high levels of testosterone engorge my grotesque member, longer than a man's arm, and as if gripped by a satanic passion I will mount anything that comes (too) near. I am, sadly, driven by my sex-instinct, at times it completely dominates me and I cannot at all see or think straight, and fly into passionate fits when almost any Jinny comes within range of me. Though I have learned to control myself around human girls, I still must confess that such rumps are deeply attractive to me and strike at something unconscious and primal within me, and I really am 'but an ass'.

Yet though this is so (and perhaps I am to be condemned becauae of my nature? beaten and whipped and driven away from all human company?) still I have strived to reach that higher altitude, some spiritual height, some misty, clouded peaks where the driving passions of all that juicy, pumping flesh allow me some respite.

Perhaps I have too much free time? Perhaps my assy, irreverent soul needs more containment, direction? Am I the victim of my own success? I have after all 450 acres of prime California pasture, trails through misty, coastal forests, glistening springs, fucsia bushes laden with pink and red flowers, wild irises, crashing coastal waves, sea-spray and sea wind, gulls and eagles, beavers and badgers.

I try, I really do try, you must believe me. I FEEL I am growing as an ass and yet every day it seems that someone or something reminds me of 'who I really am'.
Last edited by Talking Ass on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
fiat mihi
User avatar
Talking Ass
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Most of what I have read on this forum so far seems...blunt to me. Could you direct me to the threads where light and subtle geniuses hang out?

Hung one:
What are you drinking ?

:)
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

Re: Colin Wilson

Postby Kunga » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Dennis,

I think the "reductionism" TA is referring to is your style of writing (poetic).

TA: " All your pseudo-Buddhist blather is reductionism at its finest."

All of us here has a style of writing. It's a personality disorder. We think we're somebody special/unique.
Haven't yet depersonalized, as a fully Enlightened egoless, identity-less being would be. I guess ?
User avatar
Kunga
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to GENIUS FORUM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron