Walking in eternity

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Walking in eternity

Post by Pam Seeback »

When one stands on the alpha and omega of their awareness, at the point where all thoughts begin and end, they have successfully transcended their affects of time. What does one do now that the affects of time have been left behind, and the effects of time are all there is? From where this writer sits, attachments while sense awareness is present, is inevitable. A certain food, a favourite type of music, a beloved hobby: to the man who has wisdom of subject-object separation, but does not believe in subject-object separation, these things provide comfort and a sweet touch of soul.

This is the important difference between attachments born of ignorance and attachments born of wisdom. The former produces karma, or the sense of sin, the latter, does not.
"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." ~ The Christ

"What, bhikkhus, is the Nibbāna-element with residue left? Here a bhikkhu is an arahat, one whose mental fermentations is silenced, who has fulfilled the Noble life, who has done all what was to be done, who has laid down the burden, attained the goal, who has destroyed the bondages of being, who is completely released through final knowledge. However, his five sense abilities remain unimpaired. Through these he still experiences what is agreeable and disagreeable, and feels both pleasure and pain. It is the extinction of attachment, aversion, & confusion in him, that is called this Nibbāna-element with residue left."
~ The Buddha

"Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires."
~ Lao Tzu
TheEntertainer

Re: Walking in eternity

Post by TheEntertainer »

Thank you, movingalways.

I'm feeling weird right now because of how much my beliefs have been challenged in this past year. I feel as though I'm on the right path. What has happened is that I have stopped caring about things that I used to be obsessed with. I would always criticize every little thing, and attempt to aggressively fix it according to what I thought was right. I'm able to become good at the things that are agreeable to people, which means I feel like I have a lot of options to invest my energies into, and I kind of want to do it all. However, I know that I can't. So I've chosen a couple of things to focus my energies on, one of which is playing piano. but that may change later, how would I know?

But I've never really been interested in philosophy until now. Even now, I don't care for it too much, but wisdom is important to me. but I don't know the difference between wisdom and intellect. Most people here would consider me a stupid person because I would mentally check out rather quickly with technical, philosophical discussions. I feel like it's all the same to me. i studied math heavily, and I don't see a difference between math, science, literature, philosophy. I mean, I have my preferences, but I don't consider one to be better than another.

I'm tempted to leave my somewhat successful career and just live my life according to my internal movements. But I can't tell if that is foolish or not. On one hand, I can totally commit to the "positive thinking brings positive results" idea. On the other hand, I feel as though reality is not completely under my control like what people think of for an omnipotent God. Believe me, just the other day I sincerely tried to move things with my mind. However, I'm almost convinced that mentally altering my mood results in actual real things happening...I've tried it and stuff happens that I can't really argue against.

I think I'm scared. If I get over this fear, something big will change in my life. Good or bad, I don't know. This past year, I've felt really good things when my focus was to be nice to people no matter what, and to try to understand people truthfully. It's made me a very quiet person. I've become more confident in a lot of ways. I've realized why some people considered me an asshole before. There are things from my childhood that I am remembering that are profound; make me feel like "That's who i really was." But then i think it's a defense mechanism I have to deal with stress, which I hardly ever am aware of until I go through a stressful event and reminisce on it. Or I sense the stress of others, which makes me stressed, but I wasn't really stressed myself until that point. Again, I'm an agreeable person.

What am I doing?
m4tt_666

Post by m4tt_666 »

we are all different versions of the same entity.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

A poison to the heart, M4tt_666. I guess it all depends on what you are reading. Uneaar.

It was made clear to my senses at 4 what enlightenment was, persa, all that horseshit on t.v. became an identity for anti-666. Which then thought upon itself. It seems to be to me that nervousness-idolatry is a packet-of-wolves. Like, speaking, english, isn't the antedote to the problems we are facing today.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Like, speaking, english, isn't the antedote to the problems we are facing today.
How long have you been doing that? Speaking english?