Visual Art as Contemplation

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: Visual Art as Contemplation

Post by Tomas »

-Alex writes-
I cite as an example feral human chldren (Pye, who no longer posts here, first mentioned this and I looked into it a bit).

-tomas-
Pye posts (in a couple threads) at Dejavu's site depending upon her summer school schedule, and no, Dejavu doesn't ban anyone for any reason.
Make It Real >> http://eternity.yuku.com
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Blair

Post by Blair »

The Fox and the Hen..

Tomas

Re: My Asinine Resurrection

Post by Tomas »

Talking Ass wrote:I cannot go on like this. Like that I mean. To fully and truthfully participate on the Genius Forum I MUST assume the body (soma, σῶμα) of the one I really and truly am. Ramana Maharshi recommended repeating the question Who am I? and following it back until until the truth became evident. And one was only ever one's True Self, unalloyed, pure, gorgus. Some will think this is just Alex being ironical and difficult and ridiculing (and stupid). No. Here, in these conversations, this is the face I shall have, the only one really suited to me. And look: will you disagree and say it is 'inappropriate' or 'wrong'? It was true then, and it is true now. But, in fairness, my signature line indicates who I was, this shadow-person I have shed as I (I too!) proceed toward my Enlightenment. An Enlightened Ass---a sight to behold! (I can become enlightened, I can become enlightened, I can become enlightened! shall be my mantra). Ecce Asinus! Ιδού ο γάιδαρος! But artistically! and non-psychotically!
Multiple Personality Disorder, whoever you are.

No wonder you cannot find a book publisher, you can't even get a grip on who you are.
Don't run to your death
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

What is more real - the object or its shadow?

http://www.davidligare.com
Sphere70

Post by Sphere70 »

Nice one - thanks!
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

David Quinn wrote:But I'll bow to your addiction and leave this thread open to the posting of pictures. Ideally, though, I would like to see some commentary attached with the posting of a picture, giving us an idea of why the poster thinks their picture is important or interesting.
Interesting because of recent blog chat,

Blog Breakdown
Tomas

Mrs. Olsen drinks Folger's coffee

Post by Tomas »

David Quinn wrote:Speaking personally, the mundane table where I am sitting right at this very moment, with its cheap veneer spreading out beneath the computer, notebooks, pens, and coffee cup, is infinitely more beautiful and captivating than all of the pictures you have posted so far.
Dang, Being of 1 beat me to it. I was visualizing that cup, too.
You better be drinking Folger's Classic Roast...
Don't run to your death
Russell Parr

Re: Mrs. Olsen drinks Folger's coffee

Post by Russell Parr »

Tomas wrote:
David Quinn wrote:Speaking personally, the mundane table where I am sitting right at this very moment, with its cheap veneer spreading out beneath the computer, notebooks, pens, and coffee cup, is infinitely more beautiful and captivating than all of the pictures you have posted so far.
Dang, Being of 1 beat me to it. I was visualizing that cup, too.
You better be drinking Folger's Classic Roast...
I want the number of sugar cubes as well.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

dunno about the coffee but you've certainly milked the joke.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Dennis Mahar wrote:dunno about the coffee but you've certainly milked the joke.
It's when Being of 1 stated he'd been here over seven years that I figured that he'd heard David use that cup as an example of mind-reading techniques that Being-1 had picked up on some time in the past. Either David is slowing down (acumen-wise) or some of us have been here too long or are overstaying...

The 'June/July of 2005' class are redundant.
Diebert [June 3rd, 2005], Cathy['s 7th anniversary is today], Beingof1 [July 26th, 2005], and your's truly [17th of July 2005].

PS - David seems to be the creamer type of personality - can't recall whether Jersey cows exist in the Land of Oz.
Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

we have jerseys and a few udders.

the class of '05 is an excellent vintage.