The Qualities of a Divinely Inclined Person.....

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: The Qualities of a Divinely Inclined Person.....

Post by Dennis Mahar »

[Today, possibly the first time in my life, I felt like striking a disabled person.]
Yet another irrational response.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Your major hot potato is cosmic indifference Alex.
You can't handle it.
You look like a worm wriggling on a hook with it.

You've got the parental abandonment thing happening and cosmic abandonment is unbearable to you.

Your winning formula is to sugar coat in reaction to a dread of nothing.

Here's some warm milk and a nappy, get in the pram and I'll ring DialAParent.

There is something,
there's not nothing,
there could have been nothing,
but there's not,
there's something.

It don't need 40 layers of sweet icing.
It's fine.

Get yourself fitted up for inquiry.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Yet another irrational response.
I agree, you'd think so at first, wouldn't you? But think it through and you come to see it is, perhaps, entirely rational!
Child and singing cradle one
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:[Today, possibly the first time in my life, I felt like striking a disabled person.]
I know the feeling, Alex. I had such feelings at times even as a youngster.

"The weak and the botched shall perish: first principle of our charity. And one should help them to it." (Nietzsche)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

always moving.
slippin' away.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You keep pulling Nietzsche quotes out Bob.
I can't see the context.

Nietzsche's context was:

God is dead.
Make Earth our meaning.
It's up to us.
Creative philosophers.
Meaning makers.
Make it up us we go.
Sieze control effectively.
Superman.

All in the face of 'it's empty and meaningless'.
As in something to do.

'cept your not in control Bob.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bob Michael wrote:
Alexis Jacobi wrote:[Today, possibly the first time in my life, I felt like striking a disabled person.]
I know the feeling, Alex. I had such feelings at times even as a youngster.

"The weak and the botched shall perish: first principle of our charity. And one should help them to it." (Nietzsche)
I remember this one drawn-out firefight in VietNam we musta put down some 2,000 people in a 48 hour period. This one dude was into collecting the left ears of the old people. It's still called collateral damage. I was (young and) disabled then, brainwashed by the powers-that-be.

The 'powers-in-me' when you get down to it.

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason
Don't run to your death
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Dennis Mahar wrote: Nietzsche's context was:

God is dead.
Make Earth our meaning.
It's up to us.
Creative philosophers.
Meaning makers.
Make it up us we go.
Sieze control effectively.
Superman.
The real problem is that Man is dead. And dead men can't become Supermen. Hence the "human, all-too-human" element continues to overwhelmingly prevail everywhere. So there continues to remain an urgent need for a great awakening, a great revival!

"Mankind must work continuously to produce individual great human beings - this and nothing else is its task.......For the question is this, how can your life, the individual life, retain the highest value, the deepest significance?.......Only by living for the good of the rarest and most valuable specimens.......Equality is a lie concocted by inferior people who arrange themselves in herds to overpower those who are naturally superior to them. The morality of 'equal rights' is herd morality, and because it opposes the cultivation of superior individuals, it leads to the corruption and the deterioration of the human species." (Nietzsche)
Blair

Post by Blair »

Stop looking in the mirror then.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

So there continues to remain an urgent need for a great awakening, a great revival!
No doubt Bob.
Neither is Nietschke's brilliance in doubt.

'cept you're not in control Bob.

Nietschke was thought to have tertiary syphillis.
I looked up the pathology of that.
It's thought a side effect is flooding the system with endorphins.
Makes you bullish and up.

If you're gonna get something Syphillis might be the way to go.
Blair

Post by Blair »

"Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." - Tyler Durden
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

David Quinn wrote:If this is about me, I have never feigned mental illness. Always, in all my dealings with the government, I have presented myself in the same way that I do here - namely, openly valuing wisdom and rationality in a calm manner.
Say what you will, David, you're still a game player in my book. Surely a poor example of self-reliance, while biting the very hand that feeds you. You're simply playing the system for all it's worth, just like many alcoholics, addicts, 'nutcases', and other unfortunately botched souls do. Though you probably sleep quite well at night, as do so many people with fractured or sub-par consciences. Which also allows for your pseudo sense of cool ("calm manner").
David Quinn wrote:That phrase always cracks me up! Why on earth would you want to "tame" a good woman?

Only the 'man' who finds, tames, and teams up with a good woman can claim true enlightenment, genius, sonship with the Infinite, etc. The rest, many of whom are also 'other-worldly' grandstanders, one should beware of.

"The hatred of woman is always only the not yet overcome hatred of one's own sexuality." (Otto Weininger)
David Quinn wrote: UG and I are very much on the same page, only I go a lot deeper. He put a leash on his reasoning for various reasons, which all boil down to the fact that he didn’t want to be too repulsive and dangerous. He liked his fan-made cushy lifestyle too much.

Going "deeper" or not, being on the same page as UG is surely not an asset. He, like the other Krishnamurti, wound up being nothing more than an old and grumpy, spiritually ineffective, half-loony, celibate, limitation-bound, parasitical, cowardly, anti-guru guru. Nor is being "repulsive and dangerous" an asset either. As it will be love, compassion, understanding, self-honesty, self-knowledge, and true concern for the perfection of one's fellows that will bring real light into our dark and decaying world. And surely not being repulsive and dangerous or employing zen-like tactics and shenanigans. And it makes little difference whether one freeloads his way through life via handouts from one's fans or from the state.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:His (Christ's) downfall was a result of his teaching being misinterpreted - mainly as sedition. His ministry was actually well financed. He and his entourage were Jews, after all. His earlier statements to the effect that "My time has not yet come" when refusing to act publicly or join this or that political activity can be taken as evidence that he was financially preparing his family for his departure. He first made sure the family business interests could run without his involvement. Most historical depictions of Jesus portray him as being neither rich nor poor, but hard-working middle class. Bob, your comment here resembles what Christ's detractors must have been muttering about him. "It's fine to speak about the birds and animals not toiling, but if everybody did that, we'd be up shit creek without a paddle..."
I won't argue the point, C/B. Rather, I sit content with the view that Christ was hung (which was a combination of attitude adjustment/suicide by mob) for his own sins. Such as sedition, arrogance, ignorance of the nature of human condition, lack of experiential wisdom, freeloading, and siding often with unregenerate types. I think Paul was a better and wiser man than Christ in many respects, though similarly, not without shortcomings.
cousinbasil wrote:David wrote:If this is about me, I have never feigned mental illness. Hear that, Bob? David's mental illness is no sham!
Yes, I think I understand.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
So there continues to remain an urgent need for a great awakening, a great revival!
No doubt Bob.
Neither is Nietschke's brilliance in doubt.

'cept you're not in control Bob.
Yes, I'm but an instrument of that which is in control.

"In evolutionary terms, it is necessary to have deviations or mutations in order for the species to advance. These experimenters are exceptional individuals whose life-patterns differ from the life patterns of the herd. They are attempts. They are spiritual pioneers. But Nietzsche fears that society is becoming so deeply herd-like that it will stamp out anyone with a different way of living, so that the experimenters will disappear." (Erich Steiner - 'Nietzsche')
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Binary thinking or empty dualism is the use of the law of identity meaning anything.

Something is something. Something is not not something. Something is either something or not something.
-
Anything is anything. Anything is not not anything. Anything is either anything or not anything.

Infinite is not finite.
Finite is not infinite.
'X' is not not 'X'.
'X' is 'X'.

'X' or finite or infinite while has not been identified may stand for anything, rendering it meaningless.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Bob Michael wrote:
David Quinn wrote:If this is about me, I have never feigned mental illness. Always, in all my dealings with the government, I have presented myself in the same way that I do here - namely, openly valuing wisdom and rationality in a calm manner.
Say what you will, David, you're still a game player in my book.

And what do you do for a living, Bob?

Bob Michael wrote:
David Quinn wrote:That phrase always cracks me up! Why on earth would you want to "tame" a good woman?

Only the 'man' who finds, tames, and teams up with a good woman can claim true enlightenment, genius, sonship with the Infinite, etc.

Hahaha. What a load of nonsense.

Bob Michael wrote: "The hatred of woman is always only the not yet overcome hatred of one's own sexuality." (Otto Weininger)

There are other alternatives to either taming them or hating them......

-
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Bob: Yes, I'm but an instrument of that which is in control.
The infinite is everything it is. Tell me how one controls is?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

movingalways wrote:
Bob: Yes, I'm but an instrument of that which is in control.
The infinite is everything it is. Tell me how one controls is?
Yeah, Bill Clinton (wearing the lawyer-trained legal hat) in his deposition had a tough time relating when he questioned 'what the meaning of "is" .. "is"'.

Let's have "it", Bob :-/
Don't run to your death
skipair

Re: 'Descensus ad inferos', take 198756. "Lights! Camera! Ac

Post by skipair »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:First, there would be no 'job' because 'the wise' choose not to work, remember? They get their money from the state and by 'abusing' social security (almost a form of fraud). So, no finances to handle, no charity, and therefore no economic help rendered. All the figures who (like Mother Teresa) dedicate themselves to 'helping' others, alleviating suffering, etc., have been routinely torn apart and ridiculed. There have never been, to my knowledge, any ethical recommendations that have to do with 'service' (in a specifically Buddhist sense), and the conversations have never turned on this.
Yes, all worldly matters are of secondary, or of, unfortunately in my opinion, complete unimportance compared to the main thrust of understanding logic, structure, cause and effect and the nature of abstraction, which is of extreme importance.

The reason it is of extreme importance is that if you DON'T understand it, then you don't have a psychological foundation that is fundamentally more trustworthy than those that do. The face of honesty is a prize of great personal honor. They may still deceive you. They may still try to exert power over you. But in the end, if you want a plain and unclouded account of the facts, there is no question as to where you will most likely get it. It will be the person who does put secondary matters second.

If they put it at a level of unimportance, as our QRS does at times, I'd suggest that depending on the subject it is a mistake. The reason is that I believe a biological morality exists "inherently" (experientially) and is other than truth as the one and only value, which in turn renders life impossible to live in any meaningful way (and in fact impossible to carry out regardless).

As to practical recommendations, the first order of business is to ditch the woman. No 'wise' man will have a wife or a girl friend. There is a decided anti-woman stance which, as I see it, necessarily becomes an anti-human body stance. If you are not having and dealing with female relationships, on the fact of the female, it seems to me that you are 'shearing off' from a substantial part of the human facts. Still, a good and necessary conversation can be had, should be had, about a 'male defensive position' in respect to a state-inculcated femininity, as I have often said.
Eh. According to the sage idealism women should be ditched. I am guessing all three QRS have some form of attachment to particular women in their life right now, though likely not to the point where they'd be totally retarded if the relationships ended, but like everyone, have them because they're nice. There are some percentage of people who, because of hormones, are not caused to seek a lot of sex, and this 'vacuum' can be filled with whatever alternative goals or, in the GF case, idealisms toward a value system of truth and nothing else...

Again, not acknowledging what our values ARE as supposed to what we'd like them to be (if there is a difference) will cause a cognitive dissonance and further cause a lot of intellectual tail-chasing when the cure is not intellectual. We are a biological organism where logic is one and not the only (and certainly not the overriding) function. We have a personality that is based on, first, age old instincts, and second on attitude and beliefs about an abstract sense of self that inherently exists within us, regardless of whether we logically know that nothing IN THEORY needs to be attached to it. Knowing the "in theory" part means you are self-aware and can consciously make effective efforts toward creating a future (and in time, and experiential present) of your choosing. And this is done by thinking of yourself in the world as the way you'd like to be and thinking and acting in that way until it becomes a habit. So long as it's not against your inner nature and doesn't contradict the mechanics of 'outer' nature either, this is how self-willing blah blah blah blah...

Some people are biologically low sex drive and will not be caused to want to see themselves as a person who wants to have any kind of relationships with women. And, sadly in my opinion, some people are high drive and will suppress it for moral reasons.
But YOU know as well as anyone here that this use of the term and title of 'enlightened' is a farce! You KNOW this, and I know you know it.
It is a farce and it isn't a farce. The very second you think of it in an emotional way at all it is a lie. It is not special. It is not cool or something to aspire toward. It is not vague and universal words like "freedom" which, undefined, will cause people to go internal to their emotional archives for an image-explanation. It is not a thing or objective. It is the plainest, most boring thing there is. It is facts about whatever. And that is all. It is DEAD BORING and leaves nothing to talk about. That's it.

First off, you have begun with your own presupposition. That of 'genius'. Anyone who reads on these pages readily sees that the term has been expropriated and hitched to a peculiar wagon. I don't accept the GF forum's definition of genius. Never have.
Yes, it's not overly important what form of genius is the most genius. Though, it is a skill to be objective just like it's a different skill to ski well or to write smoothly.

And another thing. If it IS a definition of genius, the definition falls out of the mouth of a group of dullards. Put explicitly: no genius will arise from this matrix.
Yes, it's extremely difficult if you take the subject matter seriously not to start objectifying and creating a morality structure that will give people emotional images to follow.

What really is 'spirituality'? What really does this mean?
Haha. I don't know, I almost never use the term. :) What do you think?
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

David Quinn wrote:And what do you do for a living, Bob?
I've been fully retired from the greedy, self-centered, dog-eat-dog, work-a-day world for about 6 years. Though I've earned my own keep through the sweat of my brow and my God-given intelligence and skills as a tradesman in both my unenlightened and enlightened days. My wife and I live on a relatively small pension of mine while she works part time in a self-employed manner in order to help make ends meet. And she doesn't work under anyone's gun or clock which permits the continual shedding of her culturally acquired body armor. Presently, I continue to remain in full time employment of the Infinite. My life is no longer my own, David. Which is a concept or a manner of living very few people understand due to the deeply enculturated self-centered nature of the human species. Nor do very many people know and experience the unending joys of living in such a manner.

After my revolutionary awakening some 35 years ago I began stepping out of the rat race and began learning to live hand-to mouth, simply, frugally, and creatively. Throughout the ensuing years I've experienced many times and periods of solitude that were totally free of work which were times of vital and necessary play and self-rediscovery. I find that a genuine rebirth and rehumanization process entails stepping out of the fast lane and literally becoming like a little child again, awakening to and getting in touch again with one's feelings (including sexual) and one's true heart's desires, and growing up all over again. All the while consciously redeveloping one's long-atrophied sixth-sense or intuitive mechanism. I find too that this process must take place in relationship with life. And unless one does so, contrary to living exclusively and reclusively in solitude or being overly detached from life (like so many 'enlightened' men have done), one will develop in a lopsided manner, if he truly develops at all. Consequently these kinds of people have not and will not be of any value whatsoever to the genuine awakening and enlightenment of their fellows.
Bob Michael wrote:Only the 'man' who finds, tames, and teams up with a good woman can claim true enlightenment, genius, sonship with the Infinite, etc.

David Quinn: Hahaha. What a load of nonsense.
"Two men looked out through prison bars, one saw mud - the other saw stars." (A. U.)

My claim here goes without saying, David. So I'm afraid unless you begin to get over your self and your misogyny you'll never come to know and experience the innumerable, indescribable joys of being teamed up with a female who, like myself, is a devoted "Follower of the Infinite."(DQ) Rather, at best, you'll remain perhaps an enlightened but essentially a dull, feelingless, loveless, lopsided, intellectually oriented, stick-in-the mud sort of 'genius guy'. The likes of which there are entirely too many of. And especially in these last days.
David Quinn wrote:My aim in life is to awaken as many people as possible to this marvellous reality, which I sometimes call God or Tao.
Best wishes in this greatest of challenges, David. But again, unless a revolutionary change comes over you and you begin to grow in maturity and self-understanding, you'll come to the end of your days being but another name on a long list of enlightened failures. And your "marvelous reality" will slowly, but surely fade away, if it hasn't already.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Bob Michael wrote:After my revolutionary awakening some 35 years ago I began stepping out of the rat race and began learning to live hand-to mouth, simply, frugally, and creatively.
So you got out of the human rat-race and got into a rat-race with actual rats, eh? :-)
I'm afraid unless you begin to get over your self and your misogyny you'll never come to know and experience the innumerable, indescribable joys of being teamed up with a female who, like myself, is a devoted "Follower of the Infinite."
This is a serious question - did you "team up" with a female, because she is a woman, or simply because she was another follower of the infinite? If it was because she is female, then you're being a hypocrite, since you are a follower of your desire for being with a woman, and not the infinite.

If it was because she was another follower of the infinite, then what was the point of separately teaming up with her? Weren't you already teamed up with her, and all the other things in the universe, in an a priori sense?

I mean, even a rock is a follower of the infinite, since it can't possibly be anywhere other than inside the infinite. Why make the effort to team up and spend time with particular things within the infinite?
Rather, at best, you'll remain perhaps an enlightened but essentially a dull, feelingless, loveless, lopsided, intellectually oriented, stick-in-the mud sort of 'genius guy'.
But what's wrong with that? Isn't he a FOTI(follower of the infinite)? If being a FOTI is the whole point, then what's the reason for denigrating fellow FOTIs who are not like you?
The likes of which there are entirely too many of. And especially in these last days.
Are you sure you're looking at the stars, Bob?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Diebert, enlightening Alexis about Bob, wrote:Why gossiping about Bob at all? I think he's a young ambitious kid although he claims to be pretty senior in age.
Bob, answering David about his worldly pursuits, wrote:After my revolutionary awakening some 35 years ago I began stepping out of the rat race and began learning to live hand-to mouth, simply, frugally, and creatively.
I dunno, Deebs, he sounds pretty convincing to me.
Throughout the ensuing years I've experienced many times and periods of solitude that were totally free of work which were times of vital and necessary play and self-rediscovery.
Me too, Bob, minus the play, vital and necessary though it may be. When "totally free of work," it has not usually been by choice. And I do not have a wife who works and makes such periods amenable to play. Funny how the "ball-and-chain" that keeps one from getting one's stick wet elsewhere becomes "the better half" when she brings home the bacon.
My claim here goes without saying, David. So I'm afraid unless you begin to get over your self and your misogyny you'll never come to know and experience the innumerable, indescribable joys of being teamed up with a female who, like myself, is a devoted "Follower of the Infinite."
Usually such a free-thinking woman resembles Alfred E. Newman. Your more typical woman is a follower of Orca Winfrey, although one glance out over one of her studio audiences is often enough to cause one's ball sac to withdraw in terror deep into one's body cavity.
...The likes of which there are entirely too many of. And especially in hese last days.
It's never too late to take up English as a First Language, Bob. The last of in that first sentence should be omitted - it is why one writes "of which" earlier in the sentence, so one can avoid ending the sentence with the preposition. ("Ending a sentence with a preposition is one thing up with which I will not put." - Churchill.)

But to the content of this quote... You have been "free from work" for some 35 years, and you have a wife who for some reason doesn't mind supporting you and with whom you claim to have a fulfilling sexual relationship. You do not mention your age, but 35 years is a long time. Some of those years must have fallen within the bracket normally considered prime working age. I take it from the facts in this last post of yours that the wife has been with you through all this. Surely that cannot be a prerequisite for enlightenment...? A woman who does not kick her deadbeat man out the door...? You must be hung like a hoss, my friend.

My question is, why so dour? You claim you are anything but. Yet you come across as bitter with the world, and it is fairly clear that if it were up to you, that is, if you were the God from whom you expect this universal cataclysm, the end would begin forthwith. In fact, you seem to see the beginning of the end as having already taken place.

My question to you is, where is this Ark already? More often than not, it seems to be a figurative construction of yours, something to dream about, much like Lenny's rabbit farm in Of Mice and Men. "Tell me about the Ark, George..." You have had 35 years of being "free from work," and you haven't as much as made a canoe from a hollowed-out log. Wait - I get it! Building the Ark is work! Maybe you could buy the Little Woman a saber saw and some lumber...?

Hey, do not take me seriously, Bob (as if you would!) I don't take you seriously. And you know why? I don't think you really care if anyone takes you seriously. That's the real difference between you and David, at least as far as I can see. David may at times sound tongue-in-cheek when he goes on about being at a perpetual banquet tossing crumbs about to lesser folk, but if you read enough of his posts, you get a consistency that tells you David is quite serious about his self-designated role in helping others to see the truths he sees, regardless of how true you may think them.

In other words, David does not mind inviting us beggars to his banquet to grab at his table-scraps, while it sounds as though you would be intent on making this Ark as exclusive as possible. In fact, I think you would build it just so you could have the joy of whacking hangers-on clutching at the rails over the head with an oar. That is, when the Flood comes.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

I don't doubt that Bob is basically happy with his life. In fact, he is probably far more happy than your average Joe, firstly because he has an intellect developed enough to construct a solid enough fairyland for himself, and secondly because there is no shortage of people he can reasonably judge to be undeserving of residence within said fairyland.

I recently read an article by a British guy with an Indian name(one of those new age cult leaders), who literally worships his wife before going to bed with her. The guy has a fantastic life. You could see it written on his face. By the way, he despises the miserable lot of men who don't orally service their wives' feet before sleeping with them.

Happiness is very much a matter of contrast. Men who are very happy are only so because they are intelligent enough to draw a very sharp distinction between themselves and others, and then value one over the other. That I think is the reason for the contradiction that exists in the thinking of the Bob types - they babble on about God and oneness and the infinite, and then display contempt for all the miserable hell dwellers who are not in touch with it in the very next sentence.

I for one do not want to have anything to do with an Infinite that lets one person merge with it and leaves the other to suffer in hellish torment.

-

[Image edited out - DQ]
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Bob Michael wrote:
David Quinn wrote:
Bob Michael wrote:Only the 'man' who finds, tames, and teams up with a good woman can claim true enlightenment, genius, sonship with the Infinite, etc.

David Quinn: Hahaha. What a load of nonsense.
"Two men looked out through prison bars, one saw mud - the other saw stars." (A. U.)

"Much to the amusement of the free man looking in." (D.Q.)

Bob Michael wrote:My claim here goes without saying, David. So I'm afraid unless you begin to get over your self and your misogyny you'll never come to know and experience the innumerable, indescribable joys of being teamed up with a female who, like myself, is a devoted "Follower of the Infinite."

What about homosexuals? Does their sexual orientation immediately exclude them from enlightenment? I guess that's 10% of the population crossed off the list!

What about the asexual, those who derive little or no pleasure from sexual interaction? I suppose we can cross them off as well.

And what about the blokes who do not have the great fortune to meet a female follower of the Infinite? After all, according to you, followers of the Infinite are as rare as hen's teeth, regardless of their sex. Does the gate of heaven also shut them out as well?

I guess that just about crosses everyone else from the list, leaving Bob (and his other half) to pave the way for all of us. The half-soul called "Bob" and the half-soul called "Bob's wife" are truly our saviours

Verily I say, marriage is for half-wits...

-
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Why did you delete my image? You posted images yourself in that other thread, didn't you?